Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Saw Whittingham out earlier !

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:30 am

My mate saw peter whittingham out this morning at 7:30 down penarth pier having a run with his dog ! Good to see commitment and him working hard ! i have always thought of whittingham as a lazy but extremely skillful player ! But malky has brought the best out of him i think from what i saw pre-season ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Saw Whittingham out earlier !

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:34 am

Elliott_McBluebird07 wrote:My mate saw peter whittingham out this morning at 7:30 down penarth pier having a run with his dog ! Good to see commitment and him working hard ! i have always thought of whittingham as a lazy but extremely skillful player ! But malky has brought the best out of him i think from what i saw pre-season ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

In fairness, DJ didnt do a bad job with him either..

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:37 am

Dj, did a good job but i think because malky has based the team around Whittingham's ability , we will see more goals and assists ! :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:46 am

Whitts is 66/1 on Victor Chandler to be Championship top scorer.

I had a small wager on him season before last at 14/1 (I think, may have been 18) so Willy has lumped on Each Way. I have a feeling in my bones and at those odds too good to miss, in my opinion.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:16 pm

Whitts has never been a lazy player, he is one of the highest ground coverers on the pitch. People just look at his body language and assume he's lazy, but he isn't. He also had the second highest bleep test result, only Alex Evans beat him.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:21 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Whitts has never been a lazy player, he is one of the highest ground coverers on the pitch. People just look at his body language and assume he's lazy, but he isn't. He also had the second highest bleep test result, only Alex Evans beat him.

Your right! Also he's a scape goat with alot of fans:old:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:17 pm

Don't know where "The Beast" lives but I thought I saw him just before midday jogging by Cathays Library, it was only a quick glance as I was driving my bus so could be mistaken. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:21 pm

Elliott_McBluebird07 wrote:My mate saw peter whittingham out this morning at 7:30 down penarth pier having a run with his dog ! Good to see commitment and him working hard ! i have always thought of whittingham as a lazy but extremely skillful player ! But malky has brought the best out of him i think from what i saw pre-season ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i hope your right,and i feel same about whitts being lazy :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:22 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:Don't know where "The Beast" lives but I thought I saw him just before midday jogging by Cathays Library, it was only a quick glance as I was driving my bus so could be mistaken. :ayatollah:

was probably trying to get fish and chips from devonia before it closed!

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:35 pm

thats whitts to a tee mate, he does it regularly and is probably the most proffessional player we have off the pitch

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:08 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:Don't know where "The Beast" lives but I thought I saw him just before midday jogging by Cathays Library, it was only a quick glance as I was driving my bus so could be mistaken. :ayatollah:

The after shocks should hit Cathays in the next hour :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:35 pm

Elliott_McBluebird07 wrote:Dj, did a good job but i think because malky has based the team around Whittingham's ability , we will see more goals and assists ! :ayatollah:

Would that be more than the 25 goals and 13 assists he hit in 2009/2010 under Jones? I hope your prediction comes true! :D

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:43 pm

Also, another announcement from what he said at the Parma game. When I went to get his autograph, I asked him if he was staying and he said yes and then someone else asked him and he said yes there too. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:50 pm

Elliott_McBluebird07 wrote:Dj, did a good job but i think because malky has based the team around Whittingham's ability , we will see more goals and assists ! :ayatollah:

More goals and assists, not sure about that as his record over the last two seasons has been very impressive. I hope he can get a little more involved tho in games.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:55 pm

If that had been Chops u had seen he would of been throwing up, with a can of strongbow next to him.

Really dont care he scored twice today, he`ll celebrate the way he knows best!!!!!!!!