Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Expectations

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Personally i haven't got any this season. How are we going to do ? I really have no idea we could Bomb at the beginning or we could fly. But all i wanted is my Cardiff City back, a proud team with loud loyal supporters and we seem to be heading in the right direction in this department.
Malky needs time, and I as hopefully you lot are the same that we need to back the Management and team and not turn on them.
Dave Jones has gone and i want to forget him now, rebuilding will take time and some of our supporters need to fall in love with the Club again, as it became a them and us situation with the players and i would not like to see that ever again.
So good luck to the Players, Malky, and his management team, hopefully we can become one in bringing success to our Club.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Expectations

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:47 pm

I expect to get drunk everytime I'm on City duty this season.

I also expect that we'll be very proud of our team this season. I think we will challenge at the right end of the table again, and that every player will be bursting their balls for the club and the fans.

I expect others have different expectations.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:50 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Personally i haven't got any this season. How are we going to do ? I really have no idea we could Bomb at the beginning or we could fly. But all i wanted is my Cardiff City back, a proud team with loud loyal supporters and we seem to be heading in the right direction in this department.
Malky needs time, and I as hopefully you lot are the same that we need to back the Management and team and not turn on them.
Dave Jones has gone and i want to forget him now, rebuilding will take time and some of our supporters need to fall in love with the Club again, as it became a them and us situation with the players and i would not like to see that ever again.
So good luck to the Players, Malky, and his management team, hopefully we can become one in bringing success to our Club.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Top Post, that exactly how I feel. I am not expecting a great deal for the first half of the season as I think the team will take a few games to gel but I have a feeling that we may come good in the second half of the season.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Well said Steve, I'm like you mate i was talking to one of my plymouth customers yesterday about it and said it is the first time in years i do not know what we will do, I am just looking forward to a fresh start with hungry players and a hungry passionate manager. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:03 pm

I expect top half (play offs would be a bonus) and to enjoy my football again.

:ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:27 am

Slow start, maybe 3 - 0 defeat to west spam.
By October start to get it together a bit and finish 10th at end of season.

Hope to see more youngsters coming through and the spirit back in the team. The fans will hopefully respond and stick with it.
No doubt there will be "it was better under DJ" moaners.
But for me I am glad he has gone. I knew we would bottle it last year as did 90% of our support I guess and that led to no atmosphere and lack lustre support at many times in the season.

Looking forward to this season without the knowledge of moans bottlers screwing up again.

Give Malky 3 years to get it right and repair the damage.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:39 am

plain and simple--- promotion :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:45 am

On the eve of our first match I fear we need to get of to a reasonable start.

I will be delighted if we come away with a point at WHU. A loss will not be such a bad thing if it turns out to be a close game. A terrible loss like 3-0 and I feel questions will start to be asked.

At the moent I just want us up there challenging but for now I will keep my expectations to myself until we have played our 10th game.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:54 am

agree nukes.

not expecting much this season just going to enjoy it and see what happens :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:34 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54867

Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:19 pm

I'm expecting the worst. Cowie, kiss, Gunnarson Conway, From what i've read, and seen in friendlies, They look a pretty unremarkable lot to me. Then upfront we've got a Forest reserve, Kenny Miller (reserve judgement) fatty parkin and a couple of rookies. At the back two error prone CBs. Anyone agree with at least some of that?

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:09 pm

Playoffs for me.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:14 pm

I'm sticking with Zabier's 'Free Season' idea and wherever we finish (other than relegation) I will accept this season because Malkey needs time to bed in.

However, if you want my personnal prediction it's promotion as Champions :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:20 pm

nukes 8th or higher i would be delighted with. but i think we will do a lot better than everybody thinks. with the team we have at the moment i think we can steal a play off place. if we don't then as long as we play some good football i'll be happy!
maybe a few extra players after sunday may give us a better chance. can't wait for sunday :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:36 pm

We got rid of DJ because he couldnt get us to the prem.

We brought in MM to get midtable this season :? and push on from there

We should have kept DJ because even with 12 players gone he would have once again got a team together that would be in and around the top 6.

We got MM in because there is very little money available and there were alot of good players on a free that wanted to play for him and imo that was his pitch to the board at the interview.

We are all happy to see the new players but it looks like we dont think they are good enough.

Hope they prove us wrong and hope they dont read this messageboard or they might start acting like the bunch of lossers most fans think they are.

I for 1 expect high standards this season and i believe MM and the players will deliver a top 6 finish :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:56 pm

thewelshfella wrote:We got rid of DJ because he couldnt get us to the prem.

We should have kept DJ because even with 12 players gone he would have once again got a team together that would be in and around the top 6.

We got MM in because there is very little money available and there were alot of good players on a free that wanted to play for him and imo that was his pitch to the board at the interview.

We are all happy to see the new players but it looks like we dont think they are good enough.

Hope they prove us wrong and hope they dont read this messageboard or they might start acting like the bunch of lossers most fans think they are.

I for 1 expect high standards this season and i believe MM and the players will deliver a top 6 finish :ayatollah:

Jesus i could not of taken another season with that whinging self centred passionless fool in charge. I am looking forward to a bit of passion this season TBH. Every Club has message boards so we are no different to anyone else. Players get the praise on here as well you fail to mention that.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 pm

I expect us to challenge for promotion we got rid of DJ and in Gethins words there is not point appointing a new manager who we feel is not as good as DJ.
Gethin said at the meeting in Rhydyfelin the other night that we were going for promotion and to be better than DJ its promotion or top 3.

Thats the clubs target and i expect that target to be met now with all the new signings etc who knows what will happen.
If we finish lower in the table I will not be so disappointed because a team with so many changes needs time and I am willing to give them time and we all need to get behind them.

From attending the meeting the other night Malky seems to be a very good addition to CCFC and he has my support I was very impressed with him.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Anything less than top 6 will be a huge disappointment for me.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:54 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Jesus i could not of taken another season with that whinging self centred passionless fool in charge. I am looking forward to a bit of passion this season TBH. Every Club has message boards so we are no different to anyone else. Players get the praise on here as well you fail to mention that.

That passionless fool is 1 of the main reasons cardiff are thought of as a big club in the championship & why we have a new stadium and training ground. :lol: man I would hate to see what you would think of him if none of that happend in his 6 years at cardiff.

MM & the board are saying they are going for a auto spot and before they even kick the ball some fan are saying midtable will be fine :? so they must think the players that have come in are just not good enough.

I have faith that MM will take us to atleast the top 6 but its nice to seen that you dont mind losing aslong as we lose passionately.

Look i get that every1 has a opinion and thats fine but how about waiting until january or even until they kick a ball before we write them off and are happy with it.

& as for not posting that we sometimes praise the players i thought thats what i was doing because i have faith in the squad.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Two 4th place finishes so any thing less could be regarded as failure but despite our last two seasons something was missing and IMO that was the bond between Manager, Players and us fans. which was the reason why i asked the question of Huds in Rhydefelin earlier this week.

I was impressed that he was prepared to apologise if there was a percieved divide between players and fans last season and the fact that both him and Malky stressed the importance of fans this season so pehaps we will see the passion back this season and with 2 or 3 players added to the squad including Bellamy ;) we we will be up there challenging at the end of the season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:10 pm

blueheaven wrote:Two 4th place finishes so any thing less could be regarded as failure but despite our last two seasons something was missing and IMO that was the bond between Manager, Players and us fans. which was the reason why i asked the question of Huds in Rhydefelin earlier this week.

I was impressed that he was prepared to apologise if there was a percieved divide between players and fans last season and the fact that both him and Malky stressed the importance of fans this season so pehaps we will see the passion back this season and with 2 or 3 players added to the squad including Bellamy ;) we we will be up there challenging at the end of the season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:12 pm

Want a team like millwall players that give 100% every week and improved home support would be good :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:13 pm

thewelshfella wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

That passionless fool is 1 of the main reasons cardiff are thought of as a big club in the championship & why we have a new stadium and training ground. :lol: man I would hate to see what you would think of him if none of that happend in his 6 years at cardiff.

MM & the board are saying they are going for a auto spot and before they even kick the ball some fan are saying midtable will be fine :? so they must think the players that have come in are just not good enough.

I have faith that MM will take us to atleast the top 6 but its nice to seen that you dont mind losing aslong as we lose passionately.

Look i get that every1 has a opinion and thats fine but how about waiting until january or even until they kick a ball before we write them off and are happy with it.

& as for not posting that we sometimes praise the players i thought thats what i was doing because i have faith in the squad.

You can't give him credit for the stadium and training ground. What did he have to do with getting that done?

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:21 pm

He was the 1 pushing it forward telling the board if we are to go forward as a club we needs a new stadium and training ground so we can attract better player and more investment.

If we didnt have these thing the malaysians would have never invested in us.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Anything less than top 6 will be a huge disappointment for me.

We are no worse than we were at this time last season - still better than most of the teams in the Championship. With the exception of Leicester, and they have to prove themselves, none of the other Championship teams have improved from last year. West Ham are still a decent team at the moment, although some of their stars may yet leave for the Premier League. Therefore, only 2 teams who might be better than us.

By hook or by crook, the top 6 in the division last year were the best 6 teams in the division - it was a fair table. I therefore see we should be no worse this year than another top 6 finish.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:20 pm

thewelshfella wrote:He was the 1 pushing it forward telling the board if we are to go forward as a club we needs a new stadium and training ground so we can attract better player and more investment.

He may have been pushing for it, but he had nothing to do with it's realisation. He didn't put any cash up did he?

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:30 pm

Krel wrote:
thewelshfella wrote:He was the 1 pushing it forward telling the board if we are to go forward as a club we needs a new stadium and training ground so we can attract better player and more investment.

He may have been pushing for it, but he had nothing to do with it's realisation. He didn't put any cash up did he?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

why would hes the manager not the owner.

Hes just there to tell them what he needs to move the club forward.

Thats like saying if we win the league this year why should MM get any credit for moving the club up a division as he didnt buy the players.

Come on now