Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Missus overdue

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:01 pm

My missus is now 4 days overdue, and the more and more it goes on, the more I'm convinced that she'll go into labour at around 1pm Sunday. That'd be just my luck.

Worse still, she hangs on until next weekend when we're at home. Nooooooooooooooooooooo :| That said, meeting the new addition is top of my list of priorities, and there'll be a long season ahead to enjoy afterwards.

Anyone else had to miss a game due to impending fatherhood?

Re: Missus overdue

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:03 pm

i was lucky.. my baby boy is 10 weeks old now.. was born end of may.. just as the season had finished.. and took my mind off the play off shit! :D

best feeling ever, hope your little one comes soon :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:06 pm

cmorris1927 wrote:i was lucky.. my baby boy is 10 weeks old now.. was born end of may.. just as the season had finished.. and took my mind off the play off shit! :D

best feeling ever, hope your little one comes soon :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers fella. Deep down, I hope it's a boy. We'll have one of each then, but as long as it's healthy, I'm not that fussed

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:09 pm

March 7th my little boy was born. best feeling in the world.
looks great in his new cardiff kit lol
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
all the best with your mate

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:11 pm

June the 9th my baby girl was born, so made up for the dissapointment of the play-offs.

She looks gorgeous in her Cardiff baby grow, and her Cardiff City home kit :D

Mate, trust me, you will forget all about the football for adleast a day when you look down at your little one :D

Best of luck pal! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:14 pm

plenty of sex brings the baby on! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:14 pm

Picture the scene-March 10th 1971.

My mum is heavily pregnant. Dad has a ticket for CCFC v Real Madrid.

Mum goes into labour. Dad takes her to St Davids Hospital and misses the game. My brothers not born till 11am on the 11th.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:32 pm

f*cking hell. bet he was right pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:34 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Picture the scene-March 10th 1971.

Mum goes into labour. Dad takes her to St Davids Hospital and misses the game. My brothers not born till 11am on the 11th.

Ouch!!!!

My Mrs managed to hold off until June when Daniel popped out, wish I could put it down to good planning!!!! That was 5 years ago, seems like yesterday. He was 6 weeks when I got him to his first football game and in March I got him to his first City game - taking him to Hull in October for his 2nd :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:34 pm

Good luck, hope all goes well! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:39 pm

Hot curry and out it will pop

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:50 pm

All the best, and good wishes to your lady... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:52 pm

Ben wrote:plenty of sex brings the baby on! :ayatollah:

So I've heard :oops:

Might try that whilst force feeding her a vindaloo tonight. It's for her own good :lol:

And thanks for all the good wishes everyone. It's been 6 years since my little girl was born, so it feel all new again lol

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:43 pm

PtB wrote:

Ouch!!!!

My Mrs managed to hold off until June when Daniel popped out, wish I could put it down to good planning!!!! That was 5 years ago, seems like yesterday. He was 6 weeks when I got him to his first football game and in March I got him to his first City game - taking him to Hull in October for his 2nd :ayatollah:

I missed us beating Hartlepool when my eldest was born-my 1st words to him where I'm your daddy and CCFC beat Hartlepool yesterday. 8 weeks later he went to his 1st game and slept all the way through a 2-0 win over carlisle.

Cant remember what i said to my daughter but my 2nd son Tommy was told i'm your daddy and we lost 2-1 at watford. Little Sam was told i'm your daddy and we drew 0-0 with forest.

Poor kids-totally screwed up by their old man but at least unlike their friends in ANdover they can say they have been to see their team.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:05 pm

Does anyone remember the announcement 4 or 5 seasons ago at ninian park? He said the blokes name over the tanoid and explained that his wife just went into labour and was up to him whether or not to carry on watching the match :lol:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:33 pm

:o Bet he gave your brother a hard life! Missing Cardiff VS Accrington is bad enough but Cardiff VS Real Madrid?!! I bet your father wasn't happy when he was born!!! :lol:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:34 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Hot curry and out it will pop

just going to say the same. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:48 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:

:o Bet he gave your brother a hard life! Missing Cardiff VS Accrington is bad enough but Cardiff VS Real Madrid?!! I bet your father wasn't happy when he was born!!! :lol:

The worst thing is my brother does not support CCFC.