Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Stevie Wonder live in Japan

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:34 pm

It's Stevie Wonder's first concert in Japan.

Sitting at the piano in a concert hall, keen to please his new audience, Stevie shouts "Before I start, does anyone have any requests?"

Some little old Japanese man at the very back of the hall stands up and shouts back "Do a jazz chord!"

So Stevie obliges, playing an Eb Minor diminished seventh, with some arpeggios up and down the keyboard.

The crowd starts applauding and cheering Stevie.

He shouts "Does anyone else have a request they'd like to hear?"

The same Japanese man stands up and shouts insistently "No, do a Jazz chord, a Jazz chord!"

So Stevie tries a bit harder, improvising a jazz solo based around a few key chords, and breaks away into a full 3 minute jam with the backing band. The crowd goes absolutely wild at this incredible display of showmanship, giving him a standing ovation.

Once again though, the Japanese man jumps and and screams "NO, NO, A JAZZ CHORD!"

Frustrated at this man's apparent lack of appreciation for his talents, Stevie shouts back "Alright mister, you come up here, and you do a bloody jazz chord!"

So the Japanese man unblinkingly gets up out of his seat, hobbles towards the stage, gets ahold of the microphone and starts singing..."A jazz chord, to say, I ruv you...."

Re: Stevie Wonder live in Japan

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:41 pm

:? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:49 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....nice one :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Heard that one years ago-still makes me chuckle. :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:40 am

Whilst on this topic and i promise you its true. I have actually been to a. Stevie Wonder concert in Japan, I was there for a tournament and judo trainibg camp in 1981. I am a huge. Stevie Wonder fan and since that concert I have seen him at least another 8 times, One time at a concerthe did at the Vetch of all places. Anyway back to Japan, the concert tookplace in the Tokyo Kodokan hall which is the same venue our tournament was being held. It is Japans equivalent of the O2 arena. The Japanese audience were quite refined and all very proper and polite and it was a great show, anyway at the end of the show Stevie thanked the audience and said he'd be back in the future and that he loved the country, As he said this i turned to my mate and mimicked Stevie and said " and by the way, where the f**k am I".