Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky - How long would you give him?

Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:46 pm

As far as I'm concerned, I think there has been a change of tact by our owners. Last season there was a "shit or bust" type feeling to the season (it seems that's how dave Jones approached it too).
I think they are now playing the long game, getting us onto a solid financial footing, not breaking the budget, signing young players that will develop over several seasons, along with some experienced old heads in there and not too many loans. Hopefully this will mean that if they can get us promoted we would go into the Premier League in a better shape to stay there long term, rather than become another yo-yo team.

I am an optimistic type, I think we will do ok this season , and there is obviously a bit of a buzz about the club at the moment, but my question is, given the relative success of the period under Dave Jones, will our fans be as patient as the men in charge? If we start the season poorly, battling hard, but only getting one or two wins by the end of September, will the booing start?

Re: Malky - How long would you give him?

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:14 pm

i really cant see it mate if our fans are that thick to think we will pick up where we carried off are stupid dont get me wrong i would love to see it happen but i think its got to be at least 2 seasons too much rebuilding to work straight away i think

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:18 pm

With our fans if we dont beat west ham by at least 3-0 then the malky out chants will start

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:21 pm

yes spot on too many plastics out there

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:21 pm

It's unfortunate the amount of brainless idiots we have followin the club,i know every club has them but we seem to have more than most,unfortunately i think if we r strugglin by christmas the malky out chants will start

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:28 pm

nicky evans wrote:yes spot on too many plastics out there

Surely plastics are people who don't show up to support a team like pretend Liverpool/ Man Utd fans????

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:30 pm

5games and watch the "clueless" and he got his "tactics wrong" threads going up on the message boards thats how dumb some people are :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:31 pm

How long is a piece of string?

Lets see how it goes, no point saying I'll give him 3 seasons if we are bottom of the table at Christmas 10 points adrift is there.

In an ideal world Id give him at least 3 seasons.

Season 1 - anything goes, would hope to finish top half.

Season 2 - would hope for a minimum of playoffs.

Season 3 - Promotion.

It would all depend how we did in those 3 seasons as to whether you would want to persevere with him anymore.

If the truth be told, nobody knows how its going to work out so its a hard question to answer.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:35 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:How long is a piece of string?

Lets see how it goes, no point saying I'll give him 3 seasons if we are bottom of the table at Christmas 10 points adrift is there.

In an ideal world Id give him at least 3 seasons.

Season 1 - anything goes, would hope to finish top half.

Season 2 - would hope for a minimum of playoffs.

Season 3 - Promotion.

It would all depend how we did in those 3 seasons as to whether you would want to persevere with him anymore.

If the truth be told, nobody knows how its going to work out so its a hard question to answer.

I would be happy with this outcome myself. However I do believe we will do better. A lot still depends on whether we can attract Bellamy and maybe 2 more top players. If we are in the mix come January I feel confident that VT and TG will provide the funds to push on towards the end of the season

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:58 pm

On the whole, I think the fans will expect a top-half finish and be happy with that. Think we know we need to consolidate for a season and see where things take us.

On the other hand, spending £700k on Miller who is a proven, international goalscorer shows that the board are still putting pressure on Malky to delivery quickly

I'd give Malky his contract and see what happens but I think we need to be pushing for Automatic next season.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:22 pm

Cut the nonsense gents , we all know the following we have and sad to say it wasnt only the plastics posting nego comments on here or spouting them from the stands last season . If we ava poor start this term we all know the negos will begin again , be they plastics or otherwise . Tha bar was risen unda DJ and the level of expectation at the club is immense , I would be majorly surprised if the current squad gets us anywhere near promo this time around , we still need for me , at least , three marquee players to bolster wot we have . I sincerely hope MM gets enough time to build strength from within , but he also needs the backing of the Malaysians to "buy" ie pay money for real quality players who will ooze blood , sweat & tears long-term for the club in place of those "loanees" who were forced onto DJ in latter years via both the transfer embargo & long-pocketed VT . All the best Malky - I fear you're gonna need it ! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:47 am

Everybody keeps on about the plastics and the jonney come latelys but if we get off to a bad start all the negativity and shouts for heads to roll will start on HERE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:54 am

He has until 3pm Sunday ;) ;)

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:56 am

this season unless we are in relegation....i will never moan about management.
malky has to be given a season or 2 to rebuild and that's how it is. we may be fortunate and to better than we think but he has to be given plenty of time.
anyone calling for his head this season should be beaten up :D