Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

reality check for Swans

Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:30 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-14392589

No wonder they could keep their costs down.

Re: reality check for Swans

Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:37 pm

2 ways of looking at the situation.

Firstly they should pay their dues seeing as the council tax payers have subsidised the building of the ground.

The second way is that the money generated from the promotion is going to benefit the town.

Personally i think that they should pay their way and pay proper rent or use the cash they have to buy the ground at market value.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:39 pm

its like living in a council house, winning the lottery. and then the council asking you for more rent :roll:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:42 pm

I see it more as having your rent subsidised as you have no job/ money , then winning money or getting a job and having to pay full council rent :old:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:47 pm

Cheap political points scoring from an opposition Cllr. The same Cllr who it has been revealed today has been making expense claims he shouldn't have.

As a club we currently pay what we are contractually obliged to, and far in excess of what the Ospreys contribute.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:22 pm

recharding wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-14392589

No wonder they could keep their costs down.

About £90 million over 4 years should do it....

But then again, they'll only offer 2p in the £ anyway!! That's how that club works....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:05 pm

NJ73 wrote:Cheap political points scoring from an opposition Cllr. The same Cllr who it has been revealed today has been making expense claims he shouldn't have.

As a club we currently pay what we are contractually obliged to, and far in excess of what the Ospreys contribute.

A politician making false claims? Surely not.

In my opinion both the jacks and ospreys should pay rent on the stadium based on usage-i.e. if the jacks play 20 games and the ospreys play 10 games (dont know how many rugby games are played a season as the sport is pointless) then the jacks should play 2 times as much rent. Equally if the terms of the agreement were that no rent is paid then who can blaime the jbs and ospreys for not paying.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:15 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
NJ73 wrote:Cheap political points scoring from an opposition Cllr. The same Cllr who it has been revealed today has been making expense claims he shouldn't have.

In my opinion both the jacks and ospreys should pay rent on the stadium based on usage-i.e. if the jacks play 20 games and the ospreys play 10 games (dont know how many rugby games are played a season as the sport is pointless) then the jacks should play 2 times as much rent. Equally if the terms of the agreement were that no rent is paid then who can blaime the jbs and ospreys for not paying.

Well it is just your opinion , not valid but still its an opinion, would you like to set next years community charge as well ;)

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:35 pm

about time the scruffy, scrounging wankers payed their way.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:40 pm

Kick them out and let them play in singleton park. :lol:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:49 pm

Who gives a fook if they can get away with it,good on them i say

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:34 am

Fusilier52 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Well it is just your opinion , not valid but still its an opinion, would you like to set next years community charge as well ;)

Okay mate-all caravans to be charged at a rate of £5k per annum. There will be a premium for those that dwell in caravans and have a jack season ticket. This £2k premium will go towards paying the liberty rent.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:33 pm

murphy wrote:about time the scruffy, scrounging wankers payed their way.

and what,your telling everyone on this forum that you bunch of mud sucking inbreds pay your way in the world,FFS if its free you want it.
STID

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:03 am

APTJ wrote:

and what,your telling everyone on this forum that you bunch of mud sucking inbreds pay your way in the world,FFS if its free you want it.
STID

you tucked creditors up, 5p to the £.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:28 pm

murphy wrote:
APTJ wrote:

STID

you tucked creditors up, 5p to the £.

Well unless you were one of them why worry