Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ticket collection shambles

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Just to vent some frustration really, but I can't understand why the club gave everyone the option of collecting their ticket, and then give you a 3-day, office hours only, window in which to do so. I chose collection as I was happy to pick it up myself, but working 8:30 until 5pm each day (in Caerphilly, making a lunchtime dash impossible) meant that the option was taken away. This isn't a dig at the club, or it's running, but I just think that this should have been handled far better. I spoke to a guy in the ticket office yesterday to make sure I could collect on Saturday, and he said I had until 2pm to do so. Why the change now?

Rant over, and looking on the bright side, at least I've saved some petrol :D Just hope my postie hasn't got sticky fingers!

Re: Ticket collection shambles

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Should have just paid the £5 to have it delivered - It's gonna cost you that to go from Caerphilly - CCS and back anyway. :? :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Totally agree, it's a shambles, especially giving 3 days.
My brother went down to get mine and his but they only have his :twisted:
I'm hoping another mate had collected it but I'm guessing the usual cock up for ticket office.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 pm

droopy wrote:Should have just paid the £5 to have it delivered - It's gonna cost you that to go from Caerphilly - CCS and back anyway. :? :ayatollah:

Problem was, me, my dad, brother and brother-in-law all had seperate applications for interest free finance, so it would have been £20 for us all, or we could have trundled down Saturday on the old man's company fuel and collected for nowt :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:34 pm

leeweb79 wrote:
droopy wrote:Should have just paid the £5 to have it delivered - It's gonna cost you that to go from Caerphilly - CCS and back anyway. :? :ayatollah:

Problem was, me, my dad, brother and brother-in-law all had seperate applications for interest free finance, so it would have been £20 for us all, or we could have trundled down Saturday on the old man's company fuel and collected for nowt :ayatollah:

Ahhh fair enough then.... I have to agree with you though, I think the ticket office are a joke. :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:37 pm

By not paying £5 delivery, they are posting them out anyway without charge first class post. :D

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:50 pm

MalagaCF wrote:

By not paying £5 delivery, they are posting them out anyway without charge first class post. :D

Bit risky though, not signing for them don't you think?

Could potentially be without a season ticket card come the Bristol city game.... meaning you could be queueing for hours outside the ticket office.

Glad I paid my £5 to be honest. :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:51 pm

yeah so all people who paid £5 to have them delivered got robbed!! because if you don't collect them they are sending them out in the post anyway!! good old cardiff city :lol:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:52 pm

Ben wrote:yeah so all people who paid £5 to have them delivered got robbed!! because if you don't collect them they are sending them out in the post anyway!! good old cardiff city :lol:

See my post above yours Ben :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:55 pm

they will though, the ones who paid for postage will be sent out after the 8th or whatever, the ones who didn't pay postage and haven't collected will be sent out the same time garenteed next day delivery signed for

there's no diffrence, people who paid get knocked a fiver :lol:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:05 pm

droopy wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:

Bit risky though, not signing for them don't you think?

Could potentially be without a season ticket card come the Bristol city game.... meaning you could be queueing for hours outside the ticket office.

Glad I paid my £5 to be honest. :ayatollah:

I wouldnt be to pleased yet, still plenty of time for the ticket office to f**k up the recorded deliveries

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:07 pm

Cllocted mine,my son,s and grandson,s season tickets on tuesday,queued for five minutes no problem at all.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:13 pm

Ben wrote:yeah so all people who paid £5 to have them delivered got robbed!! because if you don't collect them they are sending them out in the post anyway!! good old cardiff city :lol:

i'll remember that for next season :D :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:21 pm

Ben wrote:they will though, the ones who paid for postage will be sent out after the 8th or whatever, the ones who didn't pay postage and haven't collected will be sent out the same time garenteed next day delivery signed for

Can't you read?

The people who have NOT paid delivery and HAVE NOT collected their tickets, they're tickets WILL BE sent out FIRST CLASS DELIVERY (NOT SIGNED FOR). :roll:

I would rather pay the £5 and have a guaranteed delivery than wait around for hours at the Bristol game for my card which got lost in the post.

You just being a prick again Ben, being pedantic? :roll:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:28 pm

Anyone know what time ticket office closes? phoning now but its just ringing, not even the usual voice :roll: :twisted:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:34 pm

droopy wrote:
Ben wrote:they will though, the ones who paid for postage will be sent out after the 8th or whatever, the ones who didn't pay postage and haven't collected will be sent out the same time garenteed next day delivery signed for

Can't you read?

The people who have NOT paid delivery and HAVE NOT collected their tickets, they're tickets WILL BE sent out FIRST CLASS DELIVERY (NOT SIGNED FOR). :roll:

I would rather pay the £5 and have a guaranteed delivery than wait around for hours at the Bristol game for my card which got lost in the post.

You just being a prick again Ben, being pedantic? :roll:

I decided not to go for the £5 delivery charge. As I was down for the Parma game I expected them to be ready by then. They were not and personally I think it is bad organisation leaving it this late. So I expect mine to be delivered to me after the 8th. If I dont receive it by the 9/10th, I willbe expecting one waiting for me at the collection point when we play the Wurzels.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:45 pm

I called down there earlier, queued for about 15-20 minutes to pick up the season ticket card, the queue was up to the barriers by the clubshop, and to be fair their doing their best to deal with you as quickly as possible when your getting served. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:08 pm

Peely CCFC PT wrote:I called down there earlier, queued for about 15-20 minutes to pick up the season ticket card, the queue was up to the barriers by the clubshop, and to be fair their doing their best to deal with you as quickly as possible when your getting served. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i went down early this morning good job as the queue was getting big when i left at 11 a.m :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:44 pm

Someonelse has just picked mine up :D

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:29 pm

leeweb79 wrote:

What?!?! At the end of the day it's still £5.00 EACH....the SAME as EVERYONE else!! :roll:

And I'm sure the 'company' would be interested in the vehicle usage too.... :lol:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:56 pm

Moan moan moan moan moan. You say you are not having a dig at the club but that's exactly what you are doing! As long as we all have our cards before the first home game that's all that matters. Personally I paid the extra amount to have it posted. Haven't received it yet and will probably be out when the postman arrives which will mean a trip to the sorting office to collect it but so what. As I said the time to moan would be if it didn't arrive before the first home game. Now if that happened then I wouldn't be a happy chappy.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:34 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:Moan moan moan moan moan. You say you are not having a dig at the club but that's exactly what you are doing! As long as we all have our cards before the first home game that's all that matters. Personally I paid the extra amount to have it posted. Haven't received it yet and will probably be out when the postman arrives which will mean a trip to the sorting office to collect it but so what. As I said the time to moan would be if it didn't arrive before the first home game. Now if that happened then I wouldn't be a happy chappy.

I certainly am having a dig at the club and it's poor ticket office.
If they say something they should stick to it. I should have have my ticket buy don't, why? I don't know because they wouldn't answer the phone. When I do get through it will cost me, it then costs me to drive down, I shouldn't have to be chasing the where's abouts of my card it should be where they said. The management down there need sorting as customer service and the planning they put in is truly awful, terrible. 3 days to pick up cards considering the opening times is a joke. If they had said this when they said we could collect I bet a load of people would have paid the £5.... Again lack of planning.

They don't alway answer the phone
Ignore vast majority of emails
now ignore the ticket office section of official mb
POOR

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:45 am

Can they be collected Saturday?

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:21 am

GarethBrad wrote:Can they be collected Saturday?

common sense say's they would be open so people could collect, but this is cardiff city ticket office so i would say no :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:22 am

Ben wrote:
GarethBrad wrote:Can they be collected Saturday?

common sense say's they would be open so people could collect, but this is cardiff city ticket office so i would say no :lol:

No they are not, those who have not collected by close of business yesterday will have their tickets sent out first class today. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:27 am

I was going down to collect mine now --think il go down anyway just to give them some stick

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:35 am

The ticket office is the most pathetic excuse for a department I have ever seen. I worked in the Rangers ticket office 8 years ago and the organisation was light years ahead of City and that was with double the season ticket holders and half the staff. They really need to get this sorted as it trully is pathetic. They send out a statement saying they will be sent out at the end of July and also re-print exactly the same in the Celtic program just to be told the next day that they will be sent out in two weeks time. That's just the tip of the iceburg. Something really needs to be done as I'm sure it will cost us fans and money in the long run.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:16 pm

just drove down there and found out theyd been sent out this morning.i dont have the luxury of working set hours 9-5 or whatver they do and opted to collect in person as a lot of my mail has gone 'missing' lately and the fact theyve sent them out normal first class just goes to show how little they care about fans who have payed out a lot of money.if my ticket gets lost are they gonna replace it or sit on their backsides behind a computer pleading ignorance ?

pathetic

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:32 pm

thats what you get for employing retards

most have been there since we were in div 4, and still have the IQ of a toilet brush

I went into the club shop the other day, asked nicely about things and was greeted by this fat bitch with 10 tones of make up to hide the spots and she was a right stuck up bitch, they actually think they are better than you for some reason

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:51 pm

Had mine delivered this morning,nice little wallet-friendly size fixture list too.is it wrong of me to feel smug?