Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS SOCIAL NETWORKING DANGEROUS FOR FOOTBALL CLUBS

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:41 pm

Just thinking with the Joey Bartan saga , also we had Bothroyd last season who liked to be on Twitter a lot , just think any negativity from a twitter account is straight in the media. So just wondering what the policies had Malkay got on the subject ?

Re: IS SOCIAL NETWORKING DANGEROUS FOR FOOTBALL CLUBS

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:42 pm

We all love to read it but sometimes it can be a negative thing for the clubs

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:44 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:Just thinking with the Joey Bartan saga , also we had Bothroyd last season who liked to be on Twitter a lot , just think any negativity from a twitter account is straight in the media. So just wondering what the policies had Malkay got on the subject ?

He said in the meeting last night he "Does not like Twitter or NosyBook" lol. :lol:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:07 pm

They are dangerous for everyone, im very careful what I say on them now.

Agree about the Barton bit however the Jay thing was a non avent being twisted by our fans.....if our fans dont have something to moan about they will find something :lol:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:24 pm

2blue2handle wrote:They are dangerous for everyone, im very careful what I say on them now.

Agree about the Barton bit however the Jay thing was a non avent being twisted by our fans.....if our fans dont have something to moan about they will find something :lol:

"that miller is useless! he didnt score the goal properly" :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:50 pm

I think Social Media is going to grow into a massive part of society. Even if it is dangerous, clubs need to embrace it.

At the same time, the media needs to understand that footballers are human beings too and most of them young men that do stupid things like most of us.

I'd love to see people be more liberal around the use of Social Media but at the same time, people still need to act professionally!

The UFC are a great example of how a sporting organisation can embrace Social Media. Their Facebook page is basically like a free Cardiff City World and they offer their fighters bonuses depending on the quality of their Tweets!

Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:37 pm

If I was a manager I would have zero tolerance on it. You don't need it, your life would not be any worse off without it, in fact it would probably be a lot better off.
Why did Barton have to mouth off on there? What's the point, it just made him look like a 14 year old spoilt kid, not a grown man. If I had problems with my employer I'd go and talk to them and get it sorted out, not cry on the internet like a bitch. The worst thing is that Barton does come across as a fairly articulate bloke, for a footballer anyway, but things like this, and the rubbish Bothroyd was tweeting last season, just makes them look silly.

Spell it out from the start, no twatting, no friendface, no message boards. If you do your out of the side.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:19 pm

Social networking is not a problem, making ill advised comments is.

If any Cardiff City Player was to state that the manager is a useless waster or that the club is garbage it would not matter whether they gave an interview to the Echo, post match television, facebook, twitter, youtube, local radio etc. etc. they would be condemned for their words.

If the player states their love for the club, that their team mates are fantastic, the fans great, the facilities marvellous etc. they will not get into trouble never mind how often they use twitter, facebook etc. It's the message which is important.