Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DJ - "If Cardiff were Promoted"

Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:59 am

"they would demand to win the Premier League in the first season and the Champions League in the 2nd"

:? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

we're not that bad are we? well, i aint :lol:

Re: DJ - "If Cardiff were Promoted"

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:01 am

Having been a fan in 80s and 90s i would settle for one season in top flight. DJ is a wanker.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:02 am

DJ shutup. you couldn't handle pressure and couldn't get us promoted. btw before someone targets me...i am grateful for the job he done down here and some of the good players he brought to this club but he couldn't deliver what everyone wanted at the club. premier league football

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:09 am

SO WHAT DAVE JONES? we want to best for out club, you can also add the f.a cup inbetween them too , thank you

:lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:43 am

DJ IS A WANKER LA LA LA LA, LA LA LA LA DJ IS A WANKER LA LA LA LA , LA LA LA LA

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:49 am

this guy is a total joke :lol: :lol: can't wait to boo him oneday...oh wait, he will never manage a good club again

Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:11 pm

Sorry but i would want the treble first season and Champions League title plus treble second season because we have high expectations in this part of the world :lol:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:39 pm

Yes Cardiff fans would expect to win the division if they had the best squad and highest paid manager in that division.

Cardiff fans never expected anything a few years back when the squad wasn't so good, mid-table was good enough for everyone's expectations back then.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:41 pm

Ive got to agree with him to a point after seeing some of the posts on here. weve got to be realistic this season with a new manager and new players if we lose a few games to start the lynch mob will be out in force.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:00 pm

DJ was as usual spot on with everything he said. So many of our so called fans are so one-eyed and deluded they would expect us to be up there with the best in the Premier League. Anyone who listened to the show will know that he said it in a jokey sort of way but he is totally right. Too many of our fans are convinced we are a big club. I had the same delusions in the late sixties/early seventies but the reality was even then that we were not a bug club and were never gonna become the big club that I thought we would go on to become. I just wish all if our fans would accept us for what we are. We are Cardiff City the team you support but we are not a big club. Just wait for the booing and jeering to start when we are not doing as well this season as we have done for the last several seasons. Wonder who will become this seasons victim of the boo boys??? Certain fans expect to win every game and when we don't they turn against the players and manager. That ridiculous expectation wouldn't change from these people just because we were in the Premier League. Don't know how those people would cope with us getting beaten week after week (sometimes well beaten). My answer to those people would be stay away. It's the club we support through thick and thin. But DJ was right there is a large element of our support whose expectations would be that high. Nothing wrong with high expectations but it's the turning against the players, manager and club when those high expectations are not met that gets on my nerves. Rant over :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:15 pm

He is right.

Theres never been a more collective bunch of cretinous pricks supporting City than at this present moment.

I wouldnt mind gettign relegated and gettign rid of some of you deluded cunts.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Berwyn wrote:Yes Cardiff fans would expect to win the division if they had the best squad and highest paid manager in that division.

Cardiff fans never expected anything a few years back when the squad wasn't so good, mid-table was good enough for everyone's expectations back then.

Yeah, before Dave Jones turned us into a club that was challening for play-offs / promotion. :roll:

A victim of his own success.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:24 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:DJ was as usual spot on with everything he said. So many of our so called fans are so one-eyed and deluded they would expect us to be up there with the best in the Premier League. Anyone who listened to the show will know that he said it in a jokey sort of way but he is totally right. Too many of our fans are convinced we are a big club. I had the same delusions in the late sixties/early seventies but the reality was even then that we were not a bug club and were never gonna become the big club that I thought we would go on to become. I just wish all if our fans would accept us for what we are. We are Cardiff City the team you support but we are not a big club. Just wait for the booing and jeering to start when we are not doing as well this season as we have done for the last several seasons. Wonder who will become this seasons victim of the boo boys??? Certain fans expect to win every game and when we don't they turn against the players and manager. That ridiculous expectation wouldn't change from these people just because we were in the Premier League. Don't know how those people would cope with us getting beaten week after week (sometimes well beaten). My answer to those people would be stay away. It's the club we support through thick and thin. But DJ was right there is a large element of our support whose expectations would be that high. Nothing wrong with high expectations but it's the turning against the players, manager and club when those high expectations are not met that gets on my nerves. Rant over :ayatollah:

my guess is that there is a small minority who would of had those sorts of expectations but the majority of our fans are well grounded.
last season, there were boo-boys (i dont agree with booing) but i bet a lot of these boo's were mainly down to lack of effort on the pitch, obviously the results were a big factor but there was an element of laziness in some of our players.
some games where we didnt take maximum points, millwall away, qpr away, the team had a great response as they worked their socks off in these games

i really dont think there will be ANY boos this season, aslong as the passion, heart and effort is there :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:24 pm

tbh i think DJ is right in saying some of our fans would want us to win the PL if we went up :lol: i know a couple who would...
but tbh last season, i felt was the season to go up imo we had one of the best teams on paper in the league but they just didnt seem to gel but tbh as soon as Sunday comes im going to forget about last season. If Cardiff get relegated i'll be there... if Cardiff get promoted i'll be there this is still the club i support. If we went up the most i'll ask for is survival as Stoke proved you don't need to be a "big club" to survive in the PL... they were finishing mid table since they promoted from the third division and then they went up and done a fantastic job and are now imo a good PL club. Around 10th place will do me for this season, we're not going to win every game but i'm going to stick behind the team this season :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:26 pm

The best squad we have ever had last season. Perhaps the best squad in the division. After missing out by the closest of whiskers the previous season then excuse me and my colleague supporters for expecting promotion.

When you get paid a lot of money you are expected to deliver. That is life Dave Jones.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:36 pm

Yea there is something wrong with us Cardiff fans, I mean we even outrageously think we could go close to winning the FA Cup :roll:

Honestly how could DJ answer that question, he never got us promoted to the EPL so how does he know what our expectations would have been?

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:50 pm

Why hasnt anyone mentioned the fact that DJ was joking and how he also thanked the fans for the past 6 years!!

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:57 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Why hasnt anyone mentioned the fact that DJ was joking and how he also thanked the fans for the past 6 years!!

Because the majprity of us are really pissed off with him and just dont find him funny.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:03 pm

DJ has gone, whats the point in another DJ bashing propoganda thread!! People should pick apart the whole interview and not pick on the bits that suit their anti dj bullshit

Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:14 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:DJ has gone, whats the point in another DJ bashing propoganda thread!! People should pick apart the whole interview and not pick on the bits that suit their anti dj bullshit

You are having a laugh?

No doubt it will be Dave Jones to blame and not Malky if we dotn meet the cretins expectations this season. :roll:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:25 pm

polo wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:DJ has gone, whats the point in another DJ bashing propoganda thread!! People should pick apart the whole interview and not pick on the bits that suit their anti dj bullshit

You are having a laugh?

No doubt it will be Dave Jones to blame and not Malky if we dotn meet the cretins expectations this season. :roll:

I actually agree with you, some people will blame the squad MM inherited if we fail to get promotion this season, not that he got much of a squad mind.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:42 pm

f**k me - give the man a break.
I aint no DJ fan and have wanted him out since Blackpool. Nothing to do with not going Prem league etc - it was the whay the fans (and new fans) had over the top expectations and the fact that his teams weren't good enough and not a 'team'.

He has been the best manager in 50 years - what i didn't like was the fact that we were running the club on borrowed time and money. I will/and have been supporting this club all my life -i dont want us to go bust. I want us to grow players and not lose out on a 'young bellamy', Bale, etc and nurture local talant plus buy in a few cherries on the cake.
DJ was bring in old names on top money -totally unsustainable for a club like us.

If we got promoted and were now in place of swansea, I think that would have destroyed us eventually - like leeds etc.

We need to build a squad but our wanker fans will probably grizzle from day one as DJ's success has created this expectation monster. We must remember our roots - we've been shit over 80% of our existence!
We've now become corporate new stadium snob fans, with no grit and no vocal support.

Our fans are not together, same as our team wasn't together. lets hope MM is given time to make both things gel and get the passion back to cardiff. Once that is sorted, success will follow.

well done DJ, good luck in the future PS (the worst players in our current squad are yours!) :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:00 pm

eddiep wrote:f**k me - give the man a break.
I aint no DJ fan and have wanted him out since Blackpool. Nothing to do with not going Prem league etc - it was the whay the fans (and new fans) had over the top expectations and the fact that his teams weren't good enough and not a 'team'.

He has been the best manager in 50 years - what i didn't like was the fact that we were running the club on borrowed time and money. I will/and have been supporting this club all my life -i dont want us to go bust. I want us to grow players and not lose out on a 'young bellamy', Bale, etc and nurture local talant plus buy in a few cherries on the cake.
DJ was bring in old names on top money -totally unsustainable for a club like us.

If we got promoted and were now in place of swansea, I think that would have destroyed us eventually - like leeds etc.

We need to build a squad but our wanker fans will probably grizzle from day one as DJ's success has created this expectation monster. We must remember our roots - we've been shit over 80% of our existence!
We've now become corporate new stadium snob fans, with no grit and no vocal support.

Our fans are not together, same as our team wasn't together. lets hope MM is given time to make both things gel and get the passion back to cardiff. Once that is sorted, success will follow.

well done DJ, good luck in the future PS (the worst players in our current squad are yours!) :ayatollah:

Good post :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:30 pm

eddiep wrote:f**k me - give the man a break.

Good post but I think the "expectation monster" was around before Dave Jones. I remember Lenny Lawrence often commenting on signing players who would be able to cope with the "Cardiff experience" which was about the pressure from fans to succeed.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:01 pm

eighty_8 wrote:"they would demand to win the Premier League in the first season and the Champions League in the 2nd"

SOURCE PLEASE :old:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:09 pm

Wolf wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:"they would demand to win the Premier League in the first season and the Champions League in the 2nd"

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:10 pm

Wolf wrote:

talksport mate ;)

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:47 am

that wanker could not win the rhonnda league with the team we had last season :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:57 am

polo wrote:He is right.

Theres never been a more collective bunch of cretinous pricks supporting City than at this present moment.

Yes indeed. And your the biggest one of them all. DJ's gone, so why do'nt you f**k off with him.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:23 am

polo wrote:He is right.

the thread started was a joke :D

chill man :lol: