Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The Trust are a useless bunch of :

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:46 pm

If the Trust carried out a bucket collection for the Fred Keenor appeal at every home game, I suppose they could claim to be taking some of the fans disposable income away from Compass ;)

Being serious though, if this matter is raised by Trust Members then there is nothing stopping the Trust Board cutting out the middleman (CCFC) and approaching Compass directly to express their concerns.

If Compass refuse to co-operate then why not bring in the press or even look into the possiblities of making a compliant to trading standards.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:54 pm

Firstly Im nothing to do with the Trust. The prices last season were a joke yet it always amazed me to see the vast amount of fans eating and drinking and paying the inflated prices especially before kick off. I always drink in Canton before the game and there are more than enough reasonably priced pubs selling a much better standard of booze than the overpriced piss in plastic in the stadium. Also plenty of good priced eating venues with a better choice. Privatising catering just lines the pockets of the Private Caterers and rips off fans.

I read an article recently in Julys Rugby World magazine regarding Worcester Rugby Club and the sucess of their "in house" catering and drinks which was very interesting. They also have a sub business doing outside catering events all round the Malvern and Hereford area. In the last 12 months they have held 4,000 non-rugby events, including weddings, at their ground, Sixways, with all profits being ploughed back into the club. If City had someone with half a business brain surely they could do something similar.

Prices quoted were Cider £3, Bitter£3, Telteys Smoothflow £2.80, Steak and Ale pie with mushy peas £6 Burgers £4

Simple answer boycott the catering at the stadium.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Do we know anyone who is a member of the trust that have approach them about this issue?

Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Warrior wrote:
And maybe he intends to join the trust and could be asking a question to see a response before doing so ??

And I merely asked him if he was a member. You're the one that jumped up on your anti trust horse. Enjoying your holiday?

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:04 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
12thMan wrote:£3.70 is a rip off - but I suppose they only have a very small window and limited space to make as much money as possible.

You can pretty much guarantee that the queue will be full for the entire duration of half time and fairly full in the hour or so leading up to kickoff.

If they reduced prices - they probably wouldn't make that much more money - as they can only physically serve a small amount of people in this time frame. They've got to make selling cost effective and since theres an army working behind the bars, I should imagine the operating costs are quite high.

£3.70 is a complete rip off compared to pubs and clubs - but I think they are stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

For what it's worth, I am skint at the moment but will always go into a round at half time as I don't mind supporting the club.

Chief nothing made goes to the Club. It goes to Compass the company that own it.

Thats crazy and has definately made me think twice now mate!

Why the hell would the club want to outsource something like that?

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:14 pm

always have one pint in there before kick off because I don't finish work in time to go else where with my friend.

Go to pub after the game for a pint down the ninian or in town

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:29 pm

bornsurvivor wrote:
Warrior wrote:
bornsurvivor wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Right now i have your attention, have the Trust done anything about the Price of food and Drinks in the outlets in the concourse ? Because the very fans that the Trust represent are being ripped off and that is just not right.
Would be great if at least one of you respond to this.

Have you joined the trust?

He asking a question for the trust to answer, there is nothing wrong in that. Does he have to join the trust?

Hello Annis.

If he was a member of the trust he could then ask them, as his repesentitives, to ask these questions of the club.

:lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Right now i have your attention, have the Trust done anything about the Price of food and Drinks in the outlets in the concourse ? Because the very fans that the Trust represent are being ripped off and that is just not right.
Would be great if at least one of you respond to this.

good post Nukes, i feel the same and did when the ground first opened, only ever bought one pint in the ground :shock:
it also makes people leave it as late as possible to leave the pubs in canton/grangetown, causing a huge queue 5mins before kick-off

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:29 am

Midfield general wrote:Are the Trust ever going to answer the question..? It has been raised on 2 topics now and not a SINGLE response!!! :evil:

Has a trust member raised the question with the trust themselves?

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:44 am

12thMan wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
12thMan wrote:£3.70 is a rip off - but I suppose they only have a very small window and limited space to make as much money as possible.

You can pretty much guarantee that the queue will be full for the entire duration of half time and fairly full in the hour or so leading up to kickoff.

If they reduced prices - they probably wouldn't make that much more money - as they can only physically serve a small amount of people in this time frame. They've got to make selling cost effective and since theres an army working behind the bars, I should imagine the operating costs are quite high.

£3.70 is a complete rip off compared to pubs and clubs - but I think they are stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

For what it's worth, I am skint at the moment but will always go into a round at half time as I don't mind supporting the club.

Chief nothing made goes to the Club. It goes to Compass the company that own it.

Thats crazy and has definately made me think twice now mate!

Why the hell would the club want to outsource something like that?

Easy one this 12th Man, Peter Ridsdale.

Apparently Ridsdale is pally with one of the directors of Compass.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:20 am

Midfield general wrote:Its funny that you have to be a member of the trust to ask a difficult question, It reminds me of their support of Ridsdale during the golden ticket scam. Just a yes or no will do yet they'll keep their heads down and then try pushing their membership in a few months time.

I've no idea whether you do need to be a member or not. But if I wanted the trust to ask a question on my behalf then I'd expect to have to be a member.

Nor would I ask the Cardiff City Supporters Club to ask the club any questions on my behalf without being a member.

Not being affiliated with either of these groups, if I wanted a question asked I'd have to ask it myself and not expect someone else to ask it for me.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:50 am

Midfield general wrote:
bornsurvivor wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Its funny that you have to be a member of the trust to ask a difficult question, It reminds me of their support of Ridsdale during the golden ticket scam. Just a yes or no will do yet they'll keep their heads down and then try pushing their membership in a few months time.

I've no idea whether you do need to be a member or not. But if I wanted the trust to ask a question on my behalf then I'd expect to have to be a member.

Nor would I ask the Cardiff City Supporters Club to ask the club any questions on my behalf without being a member.

Not being affiliated with either of these groups, if I wanted a question asked I'd have to ask it myself and not expect someone else to ask it for me.

I understand you point however can any trust member on here put the question to them and as mentioned previously normally when you make an anti-trust statement on here they come after you like a pack of dogs whether you are a member or not

Probably why no trust members have bothered replying to a thread with a title like this.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:16 pm

Only just read this thread and i am a member of the Trust but not on the Trust board or anything to do with the running of the Trust, however i am quite happy to e-mail the Trust to ask them to raise the issue with Compass, hope that keeps everyone happy :D :ayatollah:

PS. Will post their response

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:16 pm

blueheaven wrote:Only just read this thread and i am a member of the Trust but not on the Trust board or anything to do with the running of the Trust, however i am quite happy to e-mail the Trust to ask them to raise the issue with Compass, hope that keeps everyone happy :D :ayatollah:

PS. Will post their response

Thank you Chief. And to a question asked as well !! why would they respond to a thread with a title like that ? Well it was tongue in cheek as they never ever respond to a serious question but respond with venom when they are attacked.