Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Trust are a useless bunch of :

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Right now i have your attention, have the Trust done anything about the Price of food and Drinks in the outlets in the concourse ? Because the very fans that the Trust represent are being ripped off and that is just not right.
Would be great if at least one of you respond to this.

Re: The Trust are a useless bunch of :

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:40 pm

Hear hear,,,
I WILL NOT pay those prices, so i and my 2 boys will go without... their loss mate... :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:44 pm

In all fairnes I dont think theres a lot the Trust can do is there, apart from urge fans to boycott the food and drink outlets but lets be honest, Cardiff Fans and Boycotts? :lol:

As it goes, as long as people pay the prices the caterers will charge what they want and are not going to put the prices down cos the trust ask them. Their there to line their pockets as much as they can.

I dont think the club can do anything about it can they because of the contract Ridler gave Compass.

We are stuck with it, its pay or boycott, and unless ALL fans swerve the Beer and Pies in the ground nothing will change.

They wont, so we are stuck with it, unfortunatley.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:47 pm

Didnt TG say recently that the prices are out of his control as it is contracted out to a company?

Wasnt the contract done by Riddler with some catering/retail firm as we moved into the stadium?

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:47 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:In all fairnes I dont think theres a lot the Trust can do is there, apart from urge fans to boycott the food and drink outlets but lets be honest, Cardiff Fans and Boycotts? :lol:

As it goes, as long as people pay the prices the caterers will charge what they want and are not going to put the prices down cos the trust ask them. Their there to line their pockets as much as they can.

I dont think the club can do anything about it can they because of the contract Ridler gave Compass.

We are stuck with it, its pay or boycott, and unless ALL fans swerve the Beer and Pies in the ground nothing will change.

Gazza they need to make noises. They need to make there voices heard and yes even say we suggest the Fans boycott the place until Prices come out of the Piss take League.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:49 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Right now i have your attention, have the Trust done anything about the Price of food and Drinks in the outlets in the concourse ? Because the very fans that the Trust represent are being ripped off and that is just not right.

Don't see what the trust can do about it. You however could, you could stop buying it.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:52 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:In all fairnes I dont think theres a lot the Trust can do is there, apart from urge fans to boycott the food and drink outlets but lets be honest, Cardiff Fans and Boycotts? :lol:

Spot on.

Only a pretty much complete boycott will stop this.

Eat before you go in, and hold on for a drink til you get out, the only
way they will sit up and take notice is if their profits go down.

Same as West Ham...

The only way the Met could be challenged is by a complete boycott of the
game, and the subsequent press coverage. too late now, the Met have
taken the piss and won. So far... Compass are doing the same!

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:52 pm

Krel wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Right now i have your attention, have the Trust done anything about the Price of food and Drinks in the outlets in the concourse ? Because the very fans that the Trust represent are being ripped off and that is just not right.

Don't see what the trust can do about it. You however could, you could stop buying it.

agree, people will just stay in the pubs longer and buy food outside the ground...

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:53 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Gazza they need to make noises. They need to make there voices heard and yes even say we suggest the Fans boycott the place until Prices come out of the Piss take League.

Henrik Van Nukes my old mucker, I know what you saying mate, a statement along the lines of, 'the trust are dissapointed at the recent increase in the Food Outlets' etc and could urge fans to boycott them but it wont happen mate because not enough people will do it Im afraid to say.

£3.70 is a rip off, but most people will just pass it off as 'Football Prices'. The only time people will start to swerve is if the prices went up to £5-£6 quid.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:55 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Krel wrote:

agree, people will just stay in the pubs longer and buy food outside the ground...

Just don't understand if people don't like the prices-and i agree they're a rip off)-eat and drink before you go in.
There is a choice.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:55 pm

I normally pop in Asda to get drinks for my boy and myself to take in but last Saturday we were running late and had to buy from inside the stadium. Now I knew it would be a bit expensive so I ordered two small bottles of water and I nearly fell through the floor when she asked me for the money - £4 Would have cost around £1.40 in Asda! :evil:

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:59 pm

I know people love there drink at games and so do . But i will not buy that overpriced cup of Piss.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:19 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:Didnt TG say recently that the prices are out of his control as it is contracted out to a company?

Wasnt the contract done by Riddler with some catering/retail firm as we moved into the stadium?

it might be out of his control but city employ the stewards who stop fans taking drinks
into the ground an stop the youngsters goin to other outlets at half time
if he thought they taking the piss why not tell the stewards to let fans go to the other fast food
outlets at half time until they drop there prices

Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:42 pm

taffyapple wrote:

Spot on.

Only a pretty much complete boycott will stop this.

Eat before you go in, and hold on for a drink til you get out, the only
way they will sit up and take notice is if their profits go down.

Same as West Ham...

The only way the Met could be challenged is by a complete boycott of the
game, and the subsequent press coverage. too late now, the Met have
taken the piss and won. So far... Compass are doing the same!

Hit the nail on the head taffy

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:03 pm

I usually go to Les Croupiers by the stadium, it's only a 2 min walk to the ground, you get a decent pint in a proper glass and the prices are reasonable too. Just need to join and need photo ID to do it, worth it though. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:10 pm

£3.70 is a rip off - but I suppose they only have a very small window and limited space to make as much money as possible.

You can pretty much guarantee that the queue will be full for the entire duration of half time and fairly full in the hour or so leading up to kickoff.

If they reduced prices - they probably wouldn't make that much more money - as they can only physically serve a small amount of people in this time frame. They've got to make selling cost effective and since theres an army working behind the bars, I should imagine the operating costs are quite high.

£3.70 is a complete rip off compared to pubs and clubs - but I think they are stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

For what it's worth, I am skint at the moment but will always go into a round at half time as I don't mind supporting the club.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:00 pm

at the end of the day, better beer. and food outside the ground. if people want to pay those prices, for poor drink, and food. let them carry on :roll:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:25 am

12thMan wrote:For what it's worth, I am skint at the moment but will always go into a round at half time as I don't mind supporting the club.

All well and good, except for a simple flaw in the logic.

That money goes to Compass, not the club.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:09 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Krel wrote:

City we stand......Divided we fall.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:23 am

Have you joined the trust?

Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:04 am

When we get to the promise land u'll really have sumthing to moan about coz the prices will be alot higher than ours , Don't like it Don't pay it SIMPLES !!!!

Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:44 pm

12thMan wrote:£3.70 is a rip off - but I suppose they only have a very small window and limited space to make as much money as possible.

You can pretty much guarantee that the queue will be full for the entire duration of half time and fairly full in the hour or so leading up to kickoff.

If they reduced prices - they probably wouldn't make that much more money - as they can only physically serve a small amount of people in this time frame. They've got to make selling cost effective and since theres an army working behind the bars, I should imagine the operating costs are quite high.

£3.70 is a complete rip off compared to pubs and clubs - but I think they are stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

For what it's worth, I am skint at the moment but will always go into a round at half time as I don't mind supporting the club.

Chief nothing made goes to the Club. It goes to Compass the company that own it.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:56 pm

Well it does beg the question really, how come Compass can sell you a cup of tea a lot cheaper in ASDA cafe than at a football ground. Same company, same tea, surely it should be the same price.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:00 pm

only answer would be a boycott. Those who would suffer would probably the locals who work there and probably really need the money.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Berwyn wrote:Well it does beg the question really, how come Compass can sell you a cup of tea a lot cheaper in ASDA cafe than at a football ground. Same company, same tea, surely it should be the same price.

Supply and Demand.

Its like supermarkets charging more for a litre of petrol in some places than others, same petrol, should be the same price.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:10 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
Berwyn wrote:Well it does beg the question really, how come Compass can sell you a cup of tea a lot cheaper in ASDA cafe than at a football ground. Same company, same tea, surely it should be the same price.

Supply and Demand.

Its like supermarkets charging more for a litre of petrol in some places than others, same petrol, should be the same price.

Or another explanation would be "charge what you can get away with". Tesco's selling petrol close to another place selling petrol will lower their prices to compete. If there's no one else around then they'll bump the price up. Inside a football stadium you can't shop around because they've got a captive audience.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:13 pm

i wont be buying a pint in the ground anymore because it is a shit pint anyway and 3.70 go f**k yourselves :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:24 pm

I wont be being buying anything in the stadium in the future. £5.70 for a pie and chips I paid for Saturday. It has just gone too far with no action being taken against them from the club or any other organisation that can have some input. The only option I have left is to boycott.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:15 pm

Warrior wrote:
bornsurvivor wrote:

Have you joined the trust?

He asking a question for the trust to answer, there is nothing wrong in that. Does he have to join the trust?

Hello Annis.

If he was a member of the trust he could then ask them, as his repesentitives, to ask these questions of the club.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:22 pm

I dont think compass will lose out on anything at half time, they can only sell so much in that 15mins and i can guarentee the queues will be just as long as always. In that respect I think they will earn a little more money.

I think they will lose out big time before the game though, people turning up even later for games etc etc so I cant see how its cost effective really.
I wouldnt be surprised to see a happy hour come in at some point for saying between 1pm - 2pm (for a 3pm KO) for say £2.50 a drink just to get people in the ground a bit earlier....