Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"WHEN THE DAY SAM WENT", SAM JUST REMINDED ME.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:58 am

80% 0f people were saying so what f**k him etc.
I have just been talking to him, it still hurts, it was cruel the way they kicked me out Sam reminds me, in an undignified manner, what they did to me.

I asked him if the Malaysians dont end up buying the Club, can you ever see your self back with Cardiff city.
He said its much more complicated than that. I am back in lebanon where I was born, I follow everything about Cardiff city, results, games, players ect.
Please dont ask me that anymore as there is No offer on the table from anyone, I havent stopped loving Cardiff, even though I have been betrayed by many, I still love them.

Sam said he is the only person who lost Millions and the fans will eventually see the Truth.

The prob is Sam said the fans have forgot how far we have come and where we were in the 90"s, I said I promise you Sam, I Def havent forgot, I will never forget how bad those days were.

PR has rung him twice today reassuring him everything is ok lol.

Sam said they have all made money out of building this New Stadium.
Please can everyone stay Calm(Sams words), He believe the Malaysians will come on board, but is only being told the same as me on them.

Re: WHEN THE DAY SAM WENT

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:80% 0f people were saying so what f**k him etc.
I have just been talking to him, it still hurts, it was cruel the way they kicked me out Sam reminds me, in an undignified manner, what they did to me.

I asked him if the Malaysians dont end up buying the Club, can you ever see your self back with Cardiff city.
He said its much more complicated than that. I am back in lebanon where I was born, I follow everything about Cardiff city, results, games, players ect.
Please dont ask me that anymore as there is No offer on the table from anyone, I havent stopped loving Cardiff, even though I have been betrayed by many, I still love them.

Sam said he is the only person who lost Millions and the fans will eventually see the Truth.

The prob is Sam said the fans have forgot how far we have come and where we were in the 90"s, I said I promise you Sam, I Def havent forgot, I will never forget how bad those days were.

Does that mean Jan installment to SH not paid?

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:03 am

cardiff city stadium wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:80% 0f people were saying so what f**k him etc.

Does that mean Jan installment to SH not paid?

Sam wont answer that, just that PR spoke already twice today to him.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:07 am

I think we can read Sam's reply either way.
I recall he was not well a year or so ago. Perhaps that is the reason he is back home and whilst very interested in CCFC, but not really able or perhaps willing to take a more active role again.Life does go on, even for someone as passionate about his football.

Re: "WHEN THE DAY SAM WENT", SAM JUST REMINDED ME.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:25 am

Lets be fair, Sam only lost money because of his own stupidity. I thank Sam for getting us out of the bottom two divisions but I can honestly say I would not want him anywhere near this club again. We nearly went bust with him at the helm and I know we are close at the moment but we are a hell of a lot better on and off the pitch (players, stadium etc.)than we were when he was in charge.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:36 am

i dont think it was just sams fault that it went wrong i honestly think that if the crowds we are having now had turned up and supported sam then we would not have got in the trouble we did. Of course he made mistakes but he believed and so did i that we would sell out when we reached div 1. But the 1st home game in this division against bradford we didnt sell out and i was gutted and slightly embarrassed.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:45 am

swindonbluebird wrote:Lets be fair, Sam only lost money because of his own stupidity. I thank Sam for getting us out of the bottom two divisions but I can honestly say I would not want him anywhere near this club again. We nearly went bust with him at the helm and I know we are close at the moment but we are a hell of a lot better on and off the pitch (players, stadium etc.)than we were when he was in charge.

I tend to agree with that to an extent but I certainly believe that we shouldn't forget that we wouldn't be where we are now without Sam's intervention :ayatollah:

However, Sam had taken us a far as he could. It is fairly clear the stadium would not have been built with him at the helm and, whether we like it or not, any prospective investors would not have touched the club whilst we were still in a dilapidated stadium with limited future potential.

If the investment comes in then it would be undeniable that we will have progressed, however, the way we would have got to that point is something that we should avoid at all costs in the future :roll: :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:48 pm

Whatever you all say about Sam I believe he loved Cardiff City and still does and only turned because he was stabbed in the back and the club was taken away from him.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Whatever you all say about Sam I believe he loved Cardiff City and still does and only turned because he was stabbed in the back and the club was taken away from him.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would doubt Sam's passion and that transmitted to us fans under his ownership. Just a shame it ended as it did :(

As I said "we shouldn't forget that we wouldn't be where we are now without" him :ayatollah: :lol:

Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:24 pm

He was stabbed in the back BUT dont forget he was doing the same as PR ie selling players and saying we will get more in to rwplace them etc .Also his companies were taking money out of Cardif the same as PR .The on;y difference i REALLY believe is that he DID care about the club where as PR just wants to take money out of the club

Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:25 pm

john52 wrote:He was stabbed in the back BUT dont forget he was doing the same as PR ie selling players and saying we will get more in to rwplace them etc .Also his companies were taking money out of Cardif the same as PR .The on;y difference i REALLY believe is that he DID care about the club where as PR just wants to take money out of the club

Yes John, I agree he did do a few things wrong, but your right he really loves football and Cardiff City. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:28 pm

Given the choice i would PREFER to have him instead of PR (even though i had a go when he sold kav)

Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:29 pm

john52 wrote:Given the choice i would PREFER to have him instead of PR (even though i had a go when he sold kav)

I did as well, had many an argument with him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:34 pm

Carl,

I normally agree with your sentiments but this time I think you are wrong about Sam Hammam.

He was warned many times that the spending was out of control but chose to ignore all advice and the way that he treated some of the current influential figures came back to haunt him.

He just wanted 'yes' men at the club and I just don't know why he didn't follow his sucessful Wimbledon model of getting hungry players and paying them peanuts.

Mike

Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:40 pm

Annis,

While I agree that Sam Hammam did many good things to drag the club up the league this 'love for the club' thing is laughable.

I heard the same old story from Sam at Wimbledon about his 'family' but, in reality, he didn't care a f**k as he was trying to move the club to various cities outside London for his personal gain.

And as he said on the day he was finally ousted at the 11th hour 'I am going to f**k you all for this' - not true love I am afraid.

Mike

Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:46 pm

keith pontin wrote:Annis,

While I agree that Sam Hammam did many good things to drag the club up the league this 'love for the club' thing is laughable.

I heard the same old story from Sam at Wimbledon about his 'family' but, in reality, he didn't care a f**k as he was trying to move the club to various cities outside London for his personal gain.

And as he said on the day he was finally ousted at the 11th hour 'I am going to f**k you all for this' - not true love I am afraid.

Mike

Mike,

I agree he said some terrible things, but has NOT done any of them, He has never received a penny from PR.
I will be Honest if I gave 7 years of My life to a Club and then got Raped, I would say the same. I have personally slated him to his face when he said it all. He still keeps updated with every player/score etc etc, will PR ?

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:09 pm

john52 wrote:He was stabbed in the back BUT dont forget he was doing the same as PR ie selling players and saying we will get more in to rwplace them etc .Also his companies were taking money out of Cardif the same as PR .The on;y difference i REALLY believe is that he DID care about the club where as PR just wants to take money out of the club

Im sorry John, but I have to disagree, its not the same at all. The money that SH has personally lost is more than Ridsdale will ever dream of earning, and far outweighs anything SH took out in wages, are you not forgetting that he wrote off £6.5 million, to make the club saleable? Every club has to sell players at some point, and promises to replace them with like, but most don't, even Man U with Ronaldo are guilty of it. So I don't hold that against SH or Ridsdale, it has to be done sometimes.

Whatever money SH put into the club, was loaned largely through institutions, and personally guaranteed. He never stooped as low as to dupe the fans into stumping up £3million, to get the club out of a hole he had created, like Ridsdale has done. For me, that action is more despicable than anything SH was guilty of at this club, and something that can never be forgiven, and why he must leave this club.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:11 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Im sorry John, but I have to disagree, its not the same at all. The money that SH has personally lost is more than Ridsdale will ever dream of earning, and far outweighs anything SH took out in wages, are you not forgetting that he wrote off £6.5 million, to make the club saleable? Every club has to sell players at some point, and promises to replace them with like, but most don't, even Man U with Ronaldo are guilty of it. So I don't hold that against SH or Ridsdale, it has to be done sometimes.

Whatever money SH put into the club, was loaned largely through institutions, and personally guaranteed. He never stooped as low as to dupe the fans into stumping up £3million, to get the club out of a hole he had created, like Ridsdale has done. For me, that action is more despicable than anything SH was guilty of at this club, and something that can never be forgiven, and why he must leave this club.

Well said, You explained it better than I did. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:17 pm

Annis,

You forget that he brought the High Court case 2 years ago.

He is a bully and we all not what happens to bullies when the shoe is on the other foot.

I am pleased that he still follows the club but it was his financial mismanagement that is the reason why he is not with the club and has lost a lot of money when people like Paul Guy were trying to point him in the right direction at the start.

As for Ridsdale, I hate him as much as you do.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:19 pm

He is a bully and we all not what happens to bullies when the shoe is on the other foot.

I am pleased that he still follows the club but it was his financial mismanagement that is the reason why he is not with the club and has lost a lot of money when people like Paul Guy were trying to point him in the right direction at the start.

I agree, but PR was involved in that, so who can we believe ??

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:29 pm

At the time, many were saying that the court case was brought because £5 million had come into the club through the sale of Chopra, and SH wanted some of it if not all as some payment towards the debt owed. At the time, I just thought of this as crazy and selfish. I think we were all behind Ridsdale and the club at the time. However, seeing how the finances have constantly been mis managed and wasted by Ridsdale, I now have some sympathy with SH, in his panic, in the hope that he could see another large amount of money going down the swanny without him seeing a penny paid off the debt, he did what he was his only option, and seak legal course. Events since then, have proved him right, in that he had no faith in Ridsdales management of funds and the money has been disapearing ever since, without the club moving on.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:48 pm

To be honest, I dont really know what went on behind the scenes and only heard peoples opinions at the time which was of the opinion that Sam screwed us. I do feel if it wasn't for him we would still be a 'sleeping giant' in the bottom divisions rather than being the promotion contenders we are now.

I did love having Sam as our chairman and I'm sure everyone will agree it was a special time, he obviously made mistakes but he did alot of good. I do miss him walking around the pitch and I always remember being stuck along side him in traffic coming home from an away trip to Swindon and him doing the ayatollah to us when he saw our Cardiff colours. Lets just say he was a character and I miss that side of him. I could never see Ridsdale interacting with fans the way he did.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:55 pm

A lot of sensible comment has been made on this thread with many different view points.

Let's just hope that if/when we do get new owners they look after the finances a whole lot better than Sam or PR :roll:

I would gladly forego interaction with the fans (as long as they consult with the Trust on bigger things) for the assurance that our club isn't under the threat of Administration every 3 months :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:01 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
I would gladly forego interaction with the fans (as long as they consult with the Trust on bigger things) for the assurance that our club isn't under the threat of Administration every 3 months :lol: :lol:

cant argue with that mate! :D

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:03 pm

If Sam loves Cardiff so much he'd cancel the debt to Langston.

To be fair we wouldn't be where we are today without him........................but he was in it for himself, not for Cardiff.

And don't forget he's the one who brought in the clown Ridsdale!!

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:30 pm

I remember when we got to the first divison when it was called that, i thought we would have sold out everygame we had that season bein we had just gone up to a decent standard league for where we deserved to be, we was even beatin teams like derby 4-1 at home, gillingham 5-0, we beat sunderland 4-0 and still the people didnt come and thats why we are in trouble not cus of sam, im only 19 nearly 20 and i havent missed a game at home since the start of the 1994 season, i was shocked and embrassed when we wasnt sellin out only 19,000 for the first year

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:12 pm

I for one would love to see Sam back at the club one day. I believe he should at least have his own designated seat in the directors box. For all his faults, he has put much more into the club than he has taken out, and the way PR and the current board shafted him then made him a scape goat and destroyed his reputation was criminal.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:43 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:I for one would love to see Sam back at the club one day. I believe he should at least have his own designated seat in the directors box. For all his faults, he has put much more into the club than he has taken out, and the way PR and the current board shafted him then made him a scape goat and destroyed his reputation was criminal.

totally agree :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:20 pm

Schnitzl wrote:If Sam loves Cardiff so much he'd cancel the debt to Langston.

To be fair we wouldn't be where we are today without him........................but he was in it for himself, not for Cardiff.

And don't forget he's the one who brought in the clown Ridsdale!!

Sam bought 83% of CCFC in 2000 for £3.1m. The 2007 takeover watered his shareholding down to 4% which is presently worth around £600,000 a loss of £2.5m

In 2004 Sam (Langston) paid off our £24m debt to Citibank out of his own pocket and replaced it with the famous loan notes. Since then he hasn't been paid a penny in interest (he wrote the lot off) and in 2007 wrote off £9m of that against stadium naming rights, even though he has no chance of realising anything like that.

If the 'debt' was settled this year he would receive a total of £10m, which would represent a total LOSS of £16.5m. At best that figure could be reduced to £11.5m if we get promoted to the Premiership. So for all his so called 'mistakes' and 'missmanagement' Sam paid the ultimate price in hard cash, whilst Ridsdale and others who have been even worse have walked away with millions of pounds of our cash.

Personally I know who I would prefer in charge.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:24 pm

people have forgotten what sam did for cardiff city, they only remember the bad things. :)