Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City Sweep The Board!

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:17 am

Cardiff City youngsters sweep the board!

CARDIFF City’s Youth Academy swept the board at the Welsh International Super Cup tournament – and were winners in all eight age groups.

There were even two tournaments at under-12 because of the number of teams entered and the Bluebirds won both.

Llantwit Under-12s, meanwhile, missed out after losing 2-1 to Athlone Tigers in the Challenge Cup final.

It was a remarkable achievement for City in a tournament which attracted teams from Ireland, Finland, Dubai, Malta, Norway, Canada, England, Scotland and Wales.

Blackpool and Hereford United were among the league clubs to send teams to the Super Cup held at the University Playing Fields, Llanrumney.

Cardiff City won at u-8, u-9, u-10, u-11, u-12, u-13, u-14 and u-15 levels.

“The best thing about the whole week was the way the lads at every age level played and conducted themselves over the tournament,” said City Academy coach Geraint Twose.

“Players, coaches and parents really enjoyed the tournament.

“Our aim was for the lads to have a fun time at every age level, while there was also the serious side of playing in the right way.

“We were keen for all teams to play in a similar style and they all worked hard to achieve that.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -29165091/

The future is looking bright, the future is Blue! :D :ayatollah:

Re: Cardiff City Sweep The Board!

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:51 am

I was at the tournament and yes i do agree that Cardiff City players conducted themselves well as Geraint says,but the other teams in the tournament were developement sides or parksides with Blackpool being a spinoff of the Jamie Shore Academy and hereford not even an 'Academy' team.I saw the Cardiff U13's be totally outplayed by a local side.Cardiff City should be the stand outside as they are an academy and supposedly the pick of the area.If i'm being honest i did not see anything at the academy that excites me and at u14's age they look like they need to completely rebuild.