Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What Bellamy has actually said he will do

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:16 am

People everywhere are saying this and that about our Craig. It is obvious he wants to come but it is still not looking certain that he will join us. I'm guessing he'd had a few beers and was a bit emotional at the time (end of last season). Anyway, this is what he said. I hope he comes. He's f*cking quality.

Craig Bellamy said: "If it is a missed opportunity this year, I will definitely be here next year because I am committed.

"I will stay, I want this club to get in the Premier League."

"I'm here for a year and Man City have been great and we'll speak about it after," said Bellamy, who has scored 10 goals in 32 appearances for Cardiff this season.

"But Man City know my situation. They know I only want to play for Man City in the Premier League, I don't want to play for anyone else.

"I hear stories of other clubs and why would I choose them now when I could have chosen them last year? Why suddenly a year later would I want to go to the likes of the other teams.

"No. My stance is clear on this... I'm adamant on that. They own me, they are my club. If I can't play for them I will not play for anyone else apart from Cardiff City."

"If it is a missed opportunity this year, I will definitely be here next year because I want this club to get to the Premier League," he said.

"Whether it finishes my career doing so, I'll make sure that happens because I'm committed.

"I've made too many promises to myself, my kids, my friends and people around me that if I don't [get promotion] it will be a massive disappointment to me.

"But I'll be here next year trying to do the same."

Re: What Bellamy has actually said he will do

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:22 pm

So far, so true.

Re: What Bellamy has actually said he will do

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:24 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:People everywhere are saying this and that about our Craig. It is obvious he wants to come but it is still not looking certain that he will join us. I'm guessing he'd had a few beers and was a bit emotional at the time (end of last season). Anyway, this is what he said. I hope he comes. He's f*cking quality.

Craig Bellamy said: "If it is a missed opportunity this year, I will definitely be here next year because I am committed.

"I will stay, I want this club to get in the Premier League."

"I'm here for a year and Man City have been great and we'll speak about it after," said Bellamy, who has scored 10 goals in 32 appearances for Cardiff this season.

"But Man City know my situation. They know I only want to play for Man City in the Premier League, I don't want to play for anyone else.

"I hear stories of other clubs and why would I choose them now when I could have chosen them last year? Why suddenly a year later would I want to go to the likes of the other teams.

"No. My stance is clear on this... I'm adamant on that. They own me, they are my club. If I can't play for them I will not play for anyone else apart from Cardiff City."

"If it is a missed opportunity this year, I will definitely be here next year because I want this club to get to the Premier League," he said.

"Whether it finishes my career doing so, I'll make sure that happens because I'm committed.

"I've made too many promises to myself, my kids, my friends and people around me that if I don't [get promotion] it will be a massive disappointment to me.

"But I'll be here next year trying to do the same."

i really hope he sticks to his word