Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GOODWILLY DEAL!!!!!!

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:17 am

Seems like the Goodwilly deal with Blackburn has gone tits up! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 94,00.html

Re: GOODWILLY DEAL!!!!!!

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:22 am

Seems like the usual Rangers guff. Not so much a decent bid, more a "how can you reject us we are Rangers" sulk.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:23 am

My thoughts exactly. I still think we should have tried harder to get him. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:27 am

3 days old just repeating

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:29 am

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:My thoughts exactly. I still think we should have tried harder to get him. :ayatollah:

I thought Mackay showed great strength in calling it a day and bringing in Miller. I agree that Goodwillie may have been the better option but we are now finding out that he would have cost three times the price and a deal may not have been sorted before the season start. He is still not signed up and we play at the end of the week.

Had the assault charge not been suspended for a month we may have gone for him but that moving to mid August meant a decision was needed and Mackay made it.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:34 am

What you say makes good sense Wayne :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:58 am

Miller convinced me in that 45 minutes against Parma that
He will do the business for us!

My only concern is who will partner him

Earnie won't get a load of goals, he's too easy to read now

Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:18 am

Taffy I only saw the highlights of the Parma game but Im certainly prepared to give Kenny a chance , I was taking nothing away from Miller when I mentioned Goodwilly. I also think Goodwilly would have made good financial sense if he turned out well, which I am sure MM would have done,He's gonna be worth 5 Mill in no time. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:18 am

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:What you say makes good sense Wayne :ayatollah:

Agreed!

Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:11 pm

I never really believe Sky Sports, even their programmes are pure speculation some of the time. Their website isn't a lot better, either. According to the BBC site, the Goodwillie deal is still on so can't we give it a rest with him. We've got Miller and he isn't coming, something I knew last week