Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will you pay £3.70 a pint at the CCS

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: £3.70 A Pint would you pay it at CCS ?!! POLL

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:15 am

01443casual wrote:£3.70 for Fosters - f**k off!!

This!

I pay that or more in London for a pint, but for that watered down shit in a plastic cup - NEVER

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:49 am

In the Neville a pint is at around the £2.50 mark (proper glass no pouncey plastic)

In the cornwall they've dropped the price of strongbow and fosters to £2.80 and £2.45 only prob is carling and guiness at still dear :( however better quality than the stadium.

Whatever the price at the ground I would never buy a pint due to the fact it normally tastes of piss unlike my mate who always asks why I never get a pint.

The only time I'll buy a pint in a football ground is if we are on a bubble trip and they are serving or if its a long trip like Norwich and its too late to get to a pub.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:08 pm

Yes nuclearblue ill tell u why i would pay coz i got a well paid job and do most of my drinking in the Ninian 2 pints half time wots the problem if people cant afford it dont drink it SIMPLES :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:44 pm

Midfield general wrote:Anyone in the Trust confirm whether they took my idea on board and made things happen with the Caterers for the benefit of the Fred Keenor fund..?

nice of you to suggest that other fans should donate to something wheither they want to or not

Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:48 pm

no way if the price was the same as a wetherspoons me an a hell of a lott of others would drink there b fore games . an the city would b a perfect venue befor a game of fantastic football lol . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:20 pm

Mayonaise wrote:Yes nuclearblue ill tell u why i would pay coz i got a well paid job and do most of my drinking in the Ninian 2 pints half time wots the problem if people cant afford it dont drink it SIMPLES :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ha ha you might have a well paid job but obviously you have no class to go with it :lol: :lol: you should be drinking fine wine with fine food my Boy. But if watered down piss reflects your standing in the community good on you Lad :D

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:27 pm

vote with your feet and dont buy it,then you will soon see the price come down.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:14 am

Mayonaise wrote:Yes nuclearblue ill tell u why i would pay coz i got a well paid job and do most of my drinking in the Ninian 2 pints half time wots the problem if people cant afford it dont drink it SIMPLES :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

"I`VE GOT A WELL PAID JOB" :roll: ..... what a plonker you are to say that! ... what difference does it make if people can afford it or not? ... its not about that ... its about being ripped off by our football club! ... we pay enough as it is already just to get in, without being ripped off at the bar too!

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:23 am

i was disappointed to notice that the price's had gone up for the Parma game, & remember all the fuss that was made of the cost of food & drink when the CCS first opened. I guess its just a case of personal choice.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:03 pm

most I have paid is £4 in the CIA.

3 bottles for tenner,

Bought 9 bottles. :(

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:22 pm

I agree it's disgraceful.... I bet the queues will be just as long though.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:42 pm

i spend my pre match activities and hard earned cash at potters bar canton... its under new management drinks are cheap as chips and im told they will be showcasing football matches

nice homemade food had an awsome curry there and the drinks are the cheapest around :ayatollah:

you need to be on a footballers wages to eat and drink at ccs

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:06 pm

bluemoon wrote:i spend my pre match activities and hard earned cash at potters bar canton... its under new management drinks are cheap as chips and im told they will be showcasing football matches

nice homemade food had an awsome curry there and the drinks are the cheapest around :ayatollah:

you need to be on a footballers wages to eat and drink at ccs

where is this bar?

have to give it a go

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:00 pm

opp tesco in canton mate, above the canton cross

pool tables, grub, and cheap booze 8-)

gonna be showcasing footy games too

Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:20 pm

harold pinta wrote:
JonScam wrote:Its a fukn liberty and it tastes like shit...but we've no choice :D

Of course you have a choice!!! Don't pay it man, vote with your wallet. This is outrageous, I wouldn't mind if they were selling Staropramen, London Pride and Westons cider, but £3.70 for poxy Fosters, Strongbow and Brains is taking the piss even if they tasted like they should, which is rubbish at their best, but to pay that for a watery version of an already shit range of booze is going too far.

I think there should be a boycott, fan power is the only way to sort this out, the power is in our hands!!

Starting from the Bristol City game, boycott the bars, have your beers before, take a hip flask if you really need a drink, just don't let them get away with this, or next season it'll be £4 a pint! is that what you want cause that's what'll happen!!

exactly just boycott the bar and it wont take them long to lower the prices,it was only last year they wanted us to get to the ground early,if they lowered it to 2.50 they would have more people buyng a pint

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:31 pm

Midfield general wrote:Isn't it strange that you ask someone from the Trust a question whether their influence has raised the price of a pint yet no-one has answered. Yet if you 'have a pop' at them they come at you like a pack of dogs!!!!

Well have a go at em Chief and when they come at you like a pack of Dogs (That has given me an Idea :lol: ) and then ask the question :D

Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:14 pm

no f*cking way am i having one again :(

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:32 am

yeah it isn't like I'm getting leathered 'at' the football.

Cheaper than most events, it is just the way it is.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:21 pm

suprised you could spell class let alone know wot its if you only got a few pennies to take to football then get some cans from asda and sit with the under agers outside the ground that should suit u down to the ground NUKES and let the people who got abit of cash to spare spend it whatever way they want :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:06 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Ha ha you might have a well paid job but obviously you have no class to go with it :lol: :lol: you should be drinking fine wine with fine food my Boy. But if watered down piss reflects your standing in the community good on you Lad :D

Thought i would bring my original reply back to you :lol: :lol: :lol: I need say no more !! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:27 am

Class , standing in the community what a load of tosh , cash in the bank and living life to the full thats what its all about NUKES not coming on here bleeting on coz u cant afford a pint at the ground plenty of options for a pre match drink or maybe you could walk around the bar areas of the ground with a sandwich board on saying RIP OFF !! if you feel that strongly about it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:09 pm

Midfield general wrote:STILL waiting for a reply from any of the Trust's board on whether or not the price hike will benefit the Fred Keenor fund..?

was considering joining the trust this year but if I find out they are instrumental in the cost of strongbow going up just to pay for a poxy statue then they can forget it.
already paid a £1 extra for the celtic game and had no say in wheither I wanted to contribute to the statue let those who want it pay for it.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:14 pm

No way would I pay that. :twisted:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:06 pm

Mayonaise wrote:Class , standing in the community what a load of tosh , cash in the bank and living life to the full thats what its all about NUKES not coming on here bleeting on coz u cant afford a pint at the ground plenty of options for a pre match drink or maybe you could walk around the bar areas of the ground with a sandwich board on saying RIP OFF !! if you feel that strongly about it :lol: :lol: :lol:

It aint got nothing to do with if i can afford the drink or not and that is not the point. I would not buy a Car for £20.000 that is only worth £10.000. You are clearly stating i must live in poverty when you don't know me which is :lol: able.
Where am i stating, that if you enjoy a pint of watered down piss, that i am telling you not to buy it.? Carry on fella coz it really does not bother me, just stating on this message board that i will not partake in this particular ritual any longer.
But i will give you a free tip OK and you heard it first off Nukes!! tap into the Urinal outlet drain take your plastic cup and fill your Pint up there :idea: Its free and you will just love the taste :D

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:22 pm

If there is a boycott at least 80% of our fans won't be ambling back to their seats when men of harlech etc are playing.Have to be honest sounds shit when there's only 100-200 singing it and that does f**k all for the atmosphere. just an opinion. :ayatollah: