Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will you pay £3.70 a pint at the CCS

You may select 1 option

View results

£3.70 A Pint would you pay it at CCS ?!! POLL

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:07 pm

I understand a pint will now cost £3.70 which is disgusting by any standards. But would you pay that price ? or would you pay it no matter what !!.

Re: £3.70 A Pint would you pay it at CCS ?!! POLL

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:11 pm

f**k that.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:14 pm

No way on earth would i pay that, and its prob still a shit pint!!

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:15 pm

I hate the fact they are hiking the prices of lager that tastes like watered down piss, but I voted yes, purely based on the fact that on a hot summers afternoon I just can't resist a strongbow even at £3.70.
On the other hand I won't be having one in the bitterly cold winter fixtures anymore! :x

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:15 pm

Those that voted yes would you like to explain why you have so much money to throw away :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:16 pm

i dont drink in the ground, never have never will :roll:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:17 pm

Gavlar wrote:I hate the fact they are hiking the prices of lager that tastes like watered down piss, but I voted yes, purely based on the fact that on a hot summers afternoon I just can't resist a strongbow even at £3.70.
On the other hand I won't be having one in the bitterly cold winter fixtures anymore! :x

Then why didnt you vote Yes but will drink less then :? :lol:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:21 pm

If they knock the prices down then they will sell a hell of a lot more. Business wise they are probably losing a fortune.
I go to the City with a gang of 9 of us. I can guarantee at around 2.50 a pint then we would all have a few before,ht and after the game and im sure plenty of others would. A few of the older ones with us used to watch the 2nd half in the bar at Ninian :lol:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:26 pm

£3.70p a pint, f**k that i always take a hip flask with me. lovely, Especially in them cold winter months pour into a coffee coke ect sorted

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:28 pm

over the ninian ground, we had happy hour, £2 a pint, and after the game :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:29 pm

To be honest if it keeps the supporters in the bowl whilst the game is on then it can only be a good thing IMO. Pissed of that the amount of fans that disappear before half time.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:29 pm

not a chance in hell, thats a total rip off

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:30 pm

I tend to have one at half time. I won't be happy paying that, but suppose I have no choice :D

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:39 pm

clarky wrote:£3.70p a pint, f**k that i always take a hip flask with me. lovely, Especially in them cold winter months pour into a coffee coke ect sorted

That is the best way to do it

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:41 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:I tend to have one at half time. I won't be happy paying that, but suppose I have no choice :D

The great British Taxpayer pays for your pint any way young Fish :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:50 pm

Not a chance Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ..£3.70 for a pint of shite :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:53 pm

£3.70 for Fosters - f**k off!!

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:54 pm

sod that rather suck on a grannies toe nail

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:18 pm

Its a fukn liberty and it tastes like shit...but we've no choice :D

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:32 pm

The club hiking up a fosters now to £3.70 ffs, i will stay longer in the Ninian or Pool Hall and not pay those prices.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:37 pm

JonScam wrote:Its a fukn liberty and it tastes like shit...but we've no choice :D

Of course you have a choice!!! Don't pay it man, vote with your wallet. This is outrageous, I wouldn't mind if they were selling Staropramen, London Pride and Westons cider, but £3.70 for poxy Fosters, Strongbow and Brains is taking the piss even if they tasted like they should, which is rubbish at their best, but to pay that for a watery version of an already shit range of booze is going too far.

I think there should be a boycott, fan power is the only way to sort this out, the power is in our hands!!

Starting from the Bristol City game, boycott the bars, have your beers before, take a hip flask if you really need a drink, just don't let them get away with this, or next season it'll be £4 a pint! is that what you want cause that's what'll happen!!

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:25 pm

Bugger, I thought my rousing post would have started a revolution! Not a chance. What's wrong with you all? Wake up people. I'm going down the club tomorrow morning, I've already made a placard saying "Stick your overpriced understrength shitty beer up your crevices you shower of shit"
If they take no notice I plan to take a table to the next home game and set up my own bar on Sloper Road, I'll call it 'Harolds Reasonable Pub' and I'll sell cans for £1 each. It'll open at 12 o'clock, there will be a dart board, dry roasted nuts and maybe some pickled eggs. Can someone supply the sounds?

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:23 am

£3.70 :lol: I bet some mugs will buy it though!

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:25 am

Has it gone up then coz it was £3.60 at the Celtic game in the bar under the stand ...... still only £3 in the Ninian Park !

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:30 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Those that voted yes would you like to explain why you have so much money to throw away :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't exactly say throw away, but I always have a beer in Canton before and after games and don't really drink at half time, but on the odd occassion I do have a half time beer, I can handle £3.70.
However, I'm just glad it's Fosters and not Stella. Stella's strong enough, but can you imagine the price if they did do Stella? £3.70 would be a drop in the ocean :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:32 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Has it gone up then coz it was £3.60 at the Celtic game in the bar under the stand ...... still only £3 in the Ninian Park !

There's a reason it's only £3 in the Ninian, Martyn. It's shit beer :lol: :lol: That's the reason I don't go in there. Drinking from cans in a pub??? How dreadfully uncivilised :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:01 am

I seem to remember when the stadium first opened they tried charging £3.30 a pint, the fans complained and they reduced it to £3. They then gradually increased the price expecting us not to notice. It takes the piss. If we could do it once we can do it again.

It wasn't that much at f*cking stamford bridge!

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:02 am

JonScam wrote:Its a fukn liberty and it tastes like shit...but we've no choice :D

We do have a choice, don't pay it, and at the next supporters club meeting tell the club we will not pay £3.70, if sales drop so will the price.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:08 am

harold pinta wrote:

Of course you have a choice!!! Don't pay it man, vote with your wallet. This is outrageous, I wouldn't mind if they were selling Staropramen, London Pride and Westons cider, but £3.70 for poxy Fosters, Strongbow and Brains is taking the piss even if they tasted like they should, which is rubbish at their best, but to pay that for a watery version of an already shit range of booze is going too far.

I think there should be a boycott, fan power is the only way to sort this out, the power is in our hands!!

Starting from the Bristol City game, boycott the bars, have your beers before, take a hip flask if you really need a drink, just don't let them get away with this, or next season it'll be £4 a pint! is that what you want cause that's what'll happen!!

^This ^
not only is the beer crap, its now ridiculously overpriced, a boycott will sort it out.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:10 am

if they dropped the price to that of weatherspoons i`d have a drink every match .... i can never understand how sporting and music events take the piss out of their punters like they do, its legal robbery :evil: