Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A Message From The Manager

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:42 pm

Dear Steve

It is a great thrill to be the manager of West Ham United and hard to believe I have only been here for two months. I have had a fantastic welcome.

You can’t beat that special feeling you get at the start of a new football season. A lot has gone into our preparations. We began at the end of June, have been to Switzerland and Denmark since then and even had the lads running in Hainault Forest.

It has not just been about form and fitness but also about changing the mentality of the football club and creating a more positive environment at the training ground.

I have been impressed by the application shown by all of the squad, but we are work in progress after the player movement in the squad. The new signings have been positive, the youngsters are getting their chance to prove themselves and no one has been allowed to feel sorry for themselves after last season. That’s all in the past.

Our efforts have all been to get us to this point. I know we will not be the finished article yet but the aim is to make sure we are ready to go this weekend.
Click here for Kids for a Fiver tickets for Sunday

We will then look to improve with every passing week.

While we are on a good unbeaten run and I am happy with four successive clean sheets, pre-season is not about results. The only way to judge if it has been a good summer will be after we have completed our first ten league games.

I said when I arrived that I was joining a fantastic club with a strong tradition and loyal supporters who deserve to be in the Premier League. I wasn’t wrong.

Everywhere I go there are Hammers fans and we have had a great following. Talking to fans long into the night in the car park at Dagenham & Redbridge last Tuesday, I could feel the passion and pride.

My staff and I are determined to bring success but we also have a responsibility to bring on those players coming through the Academy and development squad. We also owe it to the owners to repay their faith.

Hopefully we will see you as many of you as possible next week against Cardiff City and throughout the season. We will need every single one of you right behind us.

Come on you Irons!

Big Sam xxx

Re: A Message From The Manager

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:11 pm

Well, he's in for a shock on Sunday. Not good to start the season with a home defeat!!! :D

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:17 pm

bluebirds wrote:Well, he's in for a shock on Sunday. Not good to start the season with a home defeat!!! :D

This :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:40 pm

Sounds like they are low on ticket sales.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:43 pm

A LOAD OF CRAP.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Big Sam xxx

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:53 pm

Daya wrote:Dear Steve

Big Sam xxx

Don't pretend that was a personal email :lol:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:02 pm

west ham cunts running all the time

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:33 pm

Like most people, that will be a template that his PA will be sending out to most! The only thing to change is the name at the top!