Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHY NOT DEFENDERS

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:13 pm

JUST A QUICK ONE TO SAY I AM HAPPY WITH WHATS GOING ON DOWN THE CITY, I THINK WE NEEDED TO BRING NEW FACES IN AND LIVEN THE PLACE UP.
BUT I AM JUST WONDERING AM I THE ONLY ONE WONDERING WHY HE HAS NOT BROUGHT IN ANY NEW CENTRE HALVES, ALL OF THE NEW SIGNINGS ARE FORWARD THINKING LADS.
ANDREW TAYLOR PREFERS TO PLAY ON THE WING, I JUST HOPE HE AS SIGNED HIM TO PLAY LEFT BACK CAUSE I CANT WATCH NAYLOR AGAIN..
WE LET ALOT OF GOALS IN FROM SET PEICES AND OUR TWO BEST DEFENDERS AT SET PIECES WERE BOOTHROYD AND OLLY WHO HAVE GONE SO ITS WORRYING I THINK

SUGGESTIONS FOR CENTRE HALVES WELCOME

Re: WHY NOT DEFENDERS

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:21 pm

Haven't we put in a bid for Luke Chambers? And are improving that bid as far as i've heard... :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:22 pm

gerrard to me is like a new signing considering he werent here last season,he was a bit dodgy in his first season but i hoping his season at hull last year has improved him as a player he did win one of there player of the season awards

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:32 pm

malkay knows what he is doing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:43 pm

Agree totally , I too trust MM & as a former centre-back Im sure he knows the ins & outs of that position and must be all too aware of well-documented weaknesses there imo. Gerrard has returned but Im not convinced he's the answer . As for Gyepes,Hudson,Keinan neither of these fellahs inspire me . Quinn & Naylor dont do too much for me neither . McNaughton I rate and Blake will develop in the long term . I certainly would like to see a quality CB & LB brought in - maybe AT will occupy LB leaving KM to play on the right !!?? Weve already been caught out on set pieces / crosses this pre-season ! :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:49 pm

Coco wrote:Agree totally , I too trust MM & as a former centre-back Im sure he knows the ins & outs of that position and must be all too aware of well-documented weaknesses there imo. Gerrard has returned but Im not convinced he's the answer . As for Gyepes,Hudson,Keinan neither of these fellahs inspire me . Quinn & Naylor dont do too much for me neither . McNaughton I rate and Blake will develop in the long term . I certainly would like to see a quality CB & LB brought in - maybe AT will occupy LB leaving KM to play on the right !!?? Weve already been caught out on set pieces / crosses this pre-season ! :ayatollah:

IMO I think Hudson & Gerard will shine this year. Hudson was amazing at the end of last year & Gerard is still young, Malky has a lot to work with when it comes to those 2. I think you'll be surprised

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Coco wrote:Agree totally , I too trust MM & as a former centre-back Im sure he knows the ins & outs of that position and must be all too aware of well-documented weaknesses there imo. Gerrard has returned but Im not convinced he's the answer . As for Gyepes,Hudson,Keinan neither of these fellahs inspire me . Quinn & Naylor dont do too much for me neither . McNaughton I rate and Blake will develop in the long term . I certainly would like to see a quality CB & LB brought in - maybe AT will occupy LB leaving KM to play on the right !!?? Weve already been caught out on set pieces / crosses this pre-season ! :ayatollah:

Dave Jones was a former centre back too tho wasn't he?

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:38 pm

Bluenutts wrote:

Think he was a left back

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:29 pm

johnnyjan4-69 wrote:
Bluenutts wrote:

Think he was a left back

That explains the two best left backs i've seen down the City. Naylor and Samuel. :roll:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:40 pm

Stokesy wrote:

IMO I think Hudson & Gerard will shine this year. Hudson was amazing at the end of last year & Gerard is still young, Malky has a lot to work with when it comes to those 2. I think you'll be surprised

i totallly agree, up until hudson got injured last year he was very impressive.. put his body on the the line many a times..

gerrard will be like a new centre half signing as we dindt have him last yr..

he got 5 goals for hull mostly from corners & free kicks and was impressive for them at the back..

most of the goals we conceded last yr game down our left flank.. I think we are better equipped there this yr and better protected at the back..

im expecting a good season from gerrard and hudson to be honest... :ayatollah: