Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WAYNE ROUTLEDGE AND THE JACKS

Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:29 pm

wayne routledge being a proven championship player ,his record speaks for itself,im sure most of us city fans would welcome
him back here !
reports say that the jacks are paying him 25 k a week(not confirmed as far as im aware),considering hes been moved on from spurs ,villa and newcastle who are indeed established premier clubs in thier own right ,for not being good enough,he may have struck the deal of the century !!

nice one wayne ,top marks :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: WAYNE ROUTLEDGE AND THE JACKS

Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:32 pm

25k a week i bet the rodent sinclair and the handbag thief r well happy with that

Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:52 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:25k a week i bet the rodent sinclair and the handbag thief r well happy with that

Lets hope it creates divisions within the club :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:11 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:25k a week i bet the rodent sinclair and the handbag thief r well happy with that

Nah, that's a Cardiff kind of thing.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:14 pm

Well it will be an interesting move.

Routledge has always played for a premier club where he has never been first choice. With the Jacks he will be so this usually turns out one way or the other, it will be a great hit or a big miss.

Personally I think the Jacks need an established premier player to work around. Routledge is not that and is a gamble.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:26 pm

He wouldn't be on 25k a week as we have a well publicised salary cap of 20k.Im not overly impressed with his signature as he seems like a football mercenary who never settles anywhere.But in Brendan we trust.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:26 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Well it will be an interesting move.

Routledge has always played for a premier club where he has never been first choice. With the Jacks he will be so this usually turns out one way or the other, it will be a great hit or a big miss.

Personally I think the Jacks need an established premier player to work around. Routledge is not that and is a gamble.

Established Prem players cost far too much though Ian. Not many of the teams who managed to stay up got in established players straight away. I think Routledge, Sinclair and Dyer has a good look to it. Fair do's they are making some ok buys.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:29 pm

I dont think Routledge will be first choice.Sinclair and Dyer will always start imo with WR coming on last 20-25.Im sure there will be some games he starts but on the whole he'll have to play out of his skin to displace Nath or Scottie.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:31 pm

panic buy as no f**ker else wants to go there and not many seem to want routledge

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:33 pm

jinks-rct wrote:and not many seem to want routledge

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You'd all welcome him back with open arms.

Go on,say you wouldn't :D

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:43 pm

MayhillBoi wrote:
azz_ccfc wrote:

Nah, that's a Cardiff kind of thing.

:lol: Sinclair must be livid :lol: Dyer will be alright he'll just go back to thieving :lol:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:45 pm

blackswan wrote:

I dont think Routledge will be first choice.Sinclair and Dyer will always start imo with WR coming on last 20-25.Im sure there will be some games he starts but on the whole he'll have to play out of his skin to displace Nath or Scottie.

Hell of a lot of money to spend on a player thats goin to be bench warmin,well done huw
Last edited by Daniel_PT_blues on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:45 pm

balls to it they have 3 little bastards together

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:47 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
blackswan wrote:

Hell of a lot of money to spend on a player thats goin to be bench warmin,well done huw

It is,i agree.Is he an out an out winger then? When i've seen him he always seems to play down the middle??

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:49 pm

blackswan he is right winger. he can play behind striker but he like paper weight so unless your manager got master plan where to play the little shit either dyer or sinclair will be dropped ? or u pusing sinclair up front this season?

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:55 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:blackswan he is right winger. he can play behind striker but he like paper weight so unless your manager got master plan where to play the little shit either dyer or sinclair will be dropped ? or u pusing sinclair up front this season?

Can't see SS playing up front.Perhaps Routledge will be used like you say just behind the striker,in the Dobbie role.Sounds more plausible.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:58 pm

blackswan wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:blackswan he is right winger. he can play behind striker but he like paper weight so unless your manager got master plan where to play the little shit either dyer or sinclair will be dropped ? or u pusing sinclair up front this season?

Can't see SS playing up front.Perhaps Routledge will be used like you say just behind the striker,in the Dobbie role.Sounds more plausible.

i gonna be honest he mite do well for you but don't no if your fans happy with him signing? fantastic champ player but failed in the prem with newcastle and aston villa.

he gonna be your top earner tho that's a cert

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:00 pm

blackswan wrote:

I would have definatley welcomed him back,
proven championship player.
When the jacks go down bye bye Wayne (not known for his loyalty)
Shocked when he didn't go back to qpr !!enjoy mr money!!

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:05 pm

blackswan wrote:

yes but not on 25k the blokes a journeyman hes never given a f**k about the clubs hes been at nor does he stay very long. great in a good winning team goes missing in a poor one

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:13 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:balls to it they have 3 little bastards together

No we've got a team of Jack bastards , what have you got ?

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:18 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:

8 players signed on perm contracts fecking christmas if you ask me

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:21 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
blackswan wrote:

i gonna be honest he mite do well for you but don't no if your fans happy with him signing? fantastic champ player but failed in the prem with newcastle and aston villa.

he gonna be your top earner tho that's a cert

Reading on Planet Swans they all seem to be happy with him.Im in the minority i think but we do seem to get the best out of players and Routledge is obviously a talented lad so could well prosper at the Lib.Im not sure whether he'll be our top earner,at the moment that's Danny Graham on 18k,i believe.I think WR will be close to that if not a little more.As i said previously though,he wont be on more than 20k.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:23 pm

he was on 25 at newcastle with add ons ........ newcastle fans have never rated him.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:26 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:

8 players signed on perm contracts fecking christmas if you ask me

:lol:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:28 pm

Wow, this is pretty embarassing, we have a jack on this board with more than 1000 posts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess he will have like 5000 by the end of the season, because it's gonna be a long and boring for them :ayatollah: :old:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:29 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:he was on 25 at newcastle with add ons ........ newcastle fans have never rated him.

perhaps for once in his career he's put his football first and not his bank balance.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:35 pm

quadsas wrote:Wow, this is pretty embarassing, we have a jack on this board with more than 1000 posts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess he will have like 5000 by the end of the season, because it's gonna be a long and boring for them :ayatollah: :old:

Embarrassing for who? I can assure you I feel no embarrassment whatsoever and will continue to post unashamedly.Perhaps it's you who's embarrassed then? That im still on here after 1000 posts and not been run off of here?

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:42 pm

blackswan wrote:
quadsas wrote:Wow, this is pretty embarassing, we have a jack on this board with more than 1000 posts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess he will have like 5000 by the end of the season, because it's gonna be a long and boring for them :ayatollah: :old:

Embarrassing for who? I can assure you I feel no embarrassment whatsoever and will continue to post unashamedly.Perhaps it's you who's embarrassed then? That im still on here after 1000 posts and not been run off of here?

Think about it , how many threads are about Swansea on here . ;)

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:44 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
blackswan wrote:

Think about it , how many threads are about Swansea on here . ;)

Indeed.And they'd miss us if we weren't here :D

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:48 pm

I'd like to think we bring reasoning and sensible comments to what otherwise would be just rants about their nearest Premier
League club :)