Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I think it's time for pay per points ?

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:04 am

Hate player's that hangs on for the most money. They play for Cardiff City because they want to or f**k off. I think it's time Football clubs started paying players min/max wages per points. Lose a game, Minimum wage. Draw a game 1/4 of the maximum wage. Win a game get full wages.

It's no diffrent to when i worked in the colliery the harder i worked the less money i brought home. Because if the roof caved in you would work your bollox off cleaning up and putting things right. But if everything is hunky dory you just strole behind the cutter pulling over the hydraulic roof supports the coal is flying out and you earned brilliant bonuses.

So if the TEAM are all performing and pulling in the right direction they should get full wages. Plus they will try that little bit harder if they are loseing or it looks like a draw game.

Re: I think it's time for pay per points ?

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:15 am

That system is a bit too simple, because sometimes a draw is hard-fought, and a good result. Players wages already depend on a lot of performance bonuses. When you hear 'so-and-so is on 20k a week', it's usually more like a maximum of 20k if they were to score a hat-trick and keep a clean sheet or something like that.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:36 am

As the guy said above about sometimes its a hard fought draw they should get paid full wich i agree with... If you barely hang on you get the draw pay but if you keep digging in you get the win money. It reminds me of something that happened in ufc a few months back the judges sadi he lost but he blaitently won so dana white said he would still get the win bonus wich is what i feel we could do and let it be down to the chairman/manager... But then again that could cause friction in the boardrooms if the manager says i want to pay them full amount the chairmen could say well its not your money to give away. Or if the players feel they should be paid the win money but they dont that could cause unrest within the squad. Or am i looking to much into it?

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:08 pm

Good luck a) keeping the players we've got and b) attracting new players with that deal.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:09 pm

dai-ton wrote:Hate player's that hangs on for the most money. They play for Cardiff City because they want to or f**k off. I think it's time Football clubs started paying players min/max wages per points. Lose a game, Minimum wage. Draw a game 1/4 of the maximum wage. Win a game get full wages.

It's no diffrent to when i worked in the colliery the harder i worked the less money i brought home. Because if the roof caved in you would work your bollox off cleaning up and putting things right. But if everything is hunky dory you just strole behind the cutter pulling over the hydraulic roof supports the coal is flying out and you earned brilliant bonuses.

So if the TEAM are all performing and pulling in the right direction they should get full wages. Plus they will try that little bit harder if they are loseing or it looks like a draw game.

A bit complicated but I fully agree with your over all point that wages should be more linked to incentives, rather than inflated basic salaries which get paid no matter how badly players perform.

Blackpool did it right 2 years ago when their players had the carrot of £5m dangled in front of them and therefore played out of their skins to reach the Premier League, unlike some of our players....

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:12 pm

nice ideas but no player i going to accept that are they :? would you? I certainly wouldnt if i could pick a "normal" wage elsewhere

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:18 pm

and what about the subs , surely the starting lineup will get cocky or be annoyed that they preformed to give the subs and players that dont play their full wages. for example if witts works his arse off and gets man of the macth every game and then gypes is there not playing a game n being like cheers witts i got paid in full cos u worked so hard. and what if one player who plays just doent make a effort and the rest do , hell still be getting paid the same as the people working hard

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:29 pm

2blue2handle wrote:nice ideas but no player i going to accept that are they :? would you? I certainly wouldnt if i could pick a "normal" wage elsewhere

True but somehow Blackpool managed it.

I think that football fiances will slowly mean that a more incentive based system will slowly take over. I read the other day that something like 600 professional footballers are out of work.

Whilst at the moment that is probably affecting (or benefiting) the lower leagues more than it is at Championship/Premiership level it will slowly work it's way up the pyamid system.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:33 pm

scotty10010 wrote:and what about the subs , surely the starting lineup will get cocky or be annoyed that they preformed to give the subs and players that dont play their full wages. for example if witts works his arse off and gets man of the macth every game and then gypes is there not playing a game n being like cheers witts i got paid in full cos u worked so hard. and what if one player who plays just doent make a effort and the rest do , hell still be getting paid the same as the people working hard

That is the whole idea of incentives. ATM I believe that a subs only receive an appearance bonuses if they come on during the 90 minutes (plus injury time).

So the idea would be to reward those in the starting 11 with more of the pot which then acts as an incentive to the subs/reserves to get into the first 11 so their share is greater.