Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: west Wales !

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:08 pm

rb1976 wrote:Was in Newquay, Langrannog and Cardigan.

Only one Bluebird shirt to report now Swansea shirts. Also went on a boat trip to spot Dolphins no joy with that either.

Did see a Cardiff Blues rugby shirt in a window in Cardigan High Street which I thought was odd!

Lots of Bluebirds in Newquay during the summer. Saw a few Cardiff shirts in Aberystwyth on my lunchbreak today. You want to stay clear of Cardigan though, proper shithole.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:15 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:

Only one Bluebird shirt to report now Swansea shirts. Also went on a boat trip to spot Dolphins no joy with that either.

Did see a Cardiff Blues rugby shirt in a window in Cardigan High Street which I thought was odd!

Lots of Bluebirds in Newquay during the summer. Saw a few Cardiff shirts in Aberystwyth on my lunchbreak today. You want to stay clear of Cardigan though, proper shithole.

Leave cardigan alone- i was born there.

Agreed though it is a dump-thank god i left was i was 3. I remember watching a cardiganshire cup final between Maesglas and St Dogmaels in Aberaeron. It was like a mini CCFC v Jacks match.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:25 pm

Maesglas and St Dogmaels my god, whenever I play them in footie it always ends up in a mass brawl. Horrible buggers.

Plus St Dogmael's pitch is awful. Played against St Dogmael's a couple of months ago in a final for some Ceredigion cup, we had two men sent off and they had one sent off, still won it on penalties though :D

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:34 pm

If I may point out , has it occurred to you that perhaps the tops were being worn by holiday makers enjoying West Wales , great beaches around Cardiff !
and also do your other hobby must be trainspotting .

Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:11 pm

strangely i have never seen a jack top in west wales (pembs) and i have spent years living there and go down almost every week for the last 5 yrs.....weird. most people i know profess to follow us as they all seem to like their Capital city, most tho follow liverpool for some benign reason.... :roll:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:38 pm

Cardigan a shithole :shock: Cenneth Falls is one of west wales' most beautiful spots.We had a house built in Pencader,bungalow actually but decided against it last minute and sold to another party.I love that part of Wales,Newcastle Emlyn too and can never understand anyone saying different.All said i've always found the cities depressing and far too frantic for my liking.Give me the countryside and hambones any day of the week.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:54 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:Maesglas and St Dogmaels my god, whenever I play them in footie it always ends up in a mass brawl. Horrible buggers.

Plus St Dogmael's pitch is awful. Played against St Dogmael's a couple of months ago in a final for some Ceredigion cup, we had two men sent off and they had one sent off, still won it on penalties though :D

I remember playing for Lampeter U'15s down there about 3 seasons ago and it was a truly horrible experience ! :lol:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:03 pm

blackswan wrote:Cardigan a shithole :shock: Cenneth Falls is one of west wales' most beautiful spots.We had a house built in Pencader,bungalow actually but decided against it last minute and sold to another party.I love that part of Wales,Newcastle Emlyn too and can never understand anyone saying different.All said i've always found the cities depressing and far too frantic for my liking.Give me the countryside and hambones any day of the week.

I live 15 mins from Pencader mate and yes it is very scenic over here. Have gorgeous views from my house and plenty of grounds also that you would never get in the city however the social part of life here is too tame for my liking. As for my comment on Cardigan it was more in relation to the people that inhabit the place, seriously it's infested with chavs.

On a nice day on my route to work I can see all the way down the coast to Cardigan and all the way up to Snowdonia and Llyn peninsular, gorgeous views.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:21 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:
blackswan wrote:Cardigan a shithole :shock: Cenneth Falls is one of west wales' most beautiful spots.We had a house built in Pencader,bungalow actually but decided against it last minute and sold to another party.I love that part of Wales,Newcastle Emlyn too and can never understand anyone saying different.All said i've always found the cities depressing and far too frantic for my liking.Give me the countryside and hambones any day of the week.

I live 15 mins from Pencader mate and yes it is very scenic over here. Have gorgeous views from my house and plenty of grounds also that you would never get in the city however the social part of life here is too tame for my liking. As for my comment on Cardigan it was more in relation to the people that inhabit the place, seriously it's infested with chavs.

On a nice day on my route to work I can see all the way down the coast to Cardigan and all the way up to Snowdonia and Llyn peninsular, gorgeous views.

The mother of my kids is an Aberaeron girl Chris so i know Lampeter and surrounding very well.But as you say if its a good social life your after then its not really the place to be.I always felt like Robbie Williams down there and im a right ugly tw*t.Still,i'd happily swap the shithole i live in now for Cerdigion any day of the week.I envy you apart from your football team of course :D

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:26 pm

Live in Tenby, city season ticket holder, lot of support for city round these parts.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:32 pm

placid-casual wrote:Been going there since I was a Kid never seen a Jack ever not one that ever said so anyway this could be the year!

anyone been this summer Haverfordwest way?

My holiday and the Fryers could be wrecked by seeing a dirty Inbred unwashed mother down there in a jack shirt. :)

pre-armed is pre-warned :D

You really need to get a new pair of glasses, geeezzz louiseee

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:35 pm

Went to Haverfordwest a couple of years ago, Christ it was like stepping back in time

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:35 pm

What a load off bollox,you must only see what you want.Over the last 7 years I have traveled all over west mid and the valleys,and granted the rhondda is 90% cardiff west wales is with out doubt 70 % swansea.you will have yor pockets of cardiff areas mainly around pembs but other then that its white.May be you are going to these areas for hols and seeing other blueterds on thers,after all ther are many owners of caravans in the west owned by your lot(and yet you call us gypos)but I'm ther year round and very rarely see scum tops out side of summer but many jack tops.You realy think you are somthing big dount you.I will say that you still have the bigger fan base,mainly thanks to the highly populated rhondda,but you will always see swans tops ther these days as 5to6 years back hardly ever.It does seam east of p talbot is blue mainly but west lads is white and had been for a long time apart from a few pockets as I said.Ps you will find rugby is more popular then football in the west anyway.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:50 am

blackswan wrote:
chris_ccfc wrote:

The mother of my kids is an Aberaeron girl Chris so i know Lampeter and surrounding very well.But as you say if its a good social life your after then its not really the place to be.I always felt like Robbie Williams down there and im a right ugly tw*t.Still,i'd happily swap the shithole i live in now for Cerdigion any day of the week.I envy you apart from your football team of course :D

Pencader is a dump-remember having a scrap with some kids from there when i was about 18 down by the Riviera Club in Carmarthen.

Aberaeron is a lovely place. My dad grew up there and i spent many a weekend there visiting relatives. Llandysul and the Teifi Valley are beautiful as is most of the scenery.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:56 am

geeezzz louiseee!! wtf

bitter Bitter Jacks there obsessed lads! :D

fact is I've never seen a jack down there since 1978! I saw a jack beermat 2/3 years back that turned my guts ! :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Only one Bluebird shirt to report now Swansea shirts. Also went on a boat trip to spot Dolphins no joy with that either.Did see a Cardiff Blues rugby shirt in a window in Cardigan High Street which I thought was odd!

What you didn't see any dolphins wearing Bluebird or Swansea shirts???????????? :D

Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:13 pm

slightly off the subject but it was quite funny:

went to my friends gig in treforest on the weekend. and at the end the organizer of the tour got up and said to everyone "you've been great tonight, last year we were in cardiff and it was shit...a place called sin city i believe" and someone shouted "thats swansea you idiot!" to which someone started shouting "who are we? jack army!"
to which atleast 30 of the crowd responded with "YOU JACK b*stard!" i was the only one there in a city shirt as id just come from the parma game so it took me by surprise. was brilliant! didnt expect it at all :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm

So judging by the logic of the poster who started this thread, seeing not one, but two maybe three shirts in a town or city, formally declares that the town or city where the shirts are spotted, is a hotbed of either Cardiff or Swansea support.

Well in that case San Francisco is all Gooner, I saw 3 Arsenal shirts out there a few weeks ago and 1 Liverpool shirt. :lol:

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:16 pm

bloo wrote:So judging by the logic of the poster who started this thread, seeing not one, but two maybe three shirts in a town or city, formally declares that the town or city where the shirts are spotted, is a hotbed of either Cardiff or Swansea support.

Well in that case San Francisco is all Gooner, I saw 3 Arsenal shirts out there a few weeks ago and 1 Liverpool shirt. :lol:

San Francisco-i wont say anything about why you were there ;)

Seriously though you are correct as i've not worn a CCFC shirt for a number of years as i wont pay the ridiculous prices charged in club shops. More fool the twats who buy Man U and Chelsea shirts yet have never been within 60 miles of the grounds.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:44 pm

I got a caravan in broadmoor. Called Cross Park. Saw about 50 Bluebirds there, only ever saw one in white and black. A Newcastle top! :ayatollah: