Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gerrard say big egoes have gone

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:56 am

I want to take the glory for this. :lol:

Re: Gerrard say big egoes have gone

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:02 am

He didn't say that...

he said there are no big egoes in the dressing room...

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:20 am

i spoke to mallky in seville about it and all the loan players did not give a shit besides 1.pride and passion beats promotion .

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:50 am

nerd wrote:He didn't say that...

he said there are no big egoes in the dressing room...

Because they have all gone.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:52 am

i don't see a problem with maybe 1 or 2 loans but last season was ridiculous and by bringing in "big names" they couldn't give two sh*ts because they were returning to clubs like arsenal!
at least this year it looks like we have players who really have the hunger to succeed

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:53 am

dibstours wrote:i spoke to mallky in seville about it and all the loan players did not give a shit besides 1.pride and passion beats promotion .

We learnt that at our expense.

I question why that is. Gerrard on loan to Hull becomes their player of the year. Borini gets the Jacks promoted then leaves for Parma, he put a shift in for them. Why could not our manager get the best out of the loanees?

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:54 am

lewis91 wrote:i don't see a problem with maybe 1 or 2 loans but last season was ridiculous and by bringing in "big names" they couldn't give two sh*ts because they were returning to clubs like arsenal!
at least this year it looks like we have players who really have the hunger to succeed

JLS was on his way out of Bolton and had all intentions of signing for us. He totally screwed it up.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:59 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
lewis91 wrote:i don't see a problem with maybe 1 or 2 loans but last season was ridiculous and by bringing in "big names" they couldn't give two sh*ts because they were returning to clubs like arsenal!

JLS was on his way out of Bolton and had all intentions of signing for us. He totally screwed it up.

that's true. better management would have resulted in him taking things more seriously especially his chance to play first team football again. would malky stand for that sort of behavior? very much doubt it. i'm happy that we have got rid of some of the big egos and in with professional footballers!