Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Any News on Clubs/Fans Initiatives re Atmosphere etc?

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:49 am

Around a month ago we had a really good update from Carl and Gwyn if I remember rightly (and possibly the club themselves) re proposals put forward by the club to bring CCS to life. The proposals focused on The Canton Stand primarily I think and included suggestions such as bands playing in the concourse areas etc etc.

We also tried starting a campaign on this forum to get some full scale banners ready for the start of the season as well. There were some proper images proposed...I particularly liked the image with Malky's face on, on a backdrop of City colours, with BELIEVE written below. This I think needs to be done, we need to drag the way in which we support the club in this respect into the new age, so we can really showcase ourselves and prove theres no better set of fans in the country. We should open up a communal account on this forum and all pay a couple of quid into it to get it done.

We've got less than a fortnight to sort something prior to the Brizzle at home, and it would be great to see something different to kick off the new season and have apposing fans in awe. Our passion is unrivalled IMO and we need to start using different/new methods to bring that passion to the fore...as it will only have a profoundly positive effect on the team, especially considering the value Malky puts on the support base etc.

We need to make this happen BLOOOOOOOOOBIRDS!!! :ayatollah:

Re: Any News on Clubs/Fans Initiatives re Atmosphere etc?

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:59 am

There's so much that CCFC could do all around the CCS for the history of the Club but wont ....... I contacted them about putting up old player posters in the bar areas BUT they told me that coz its a shared stadium then it would not be suitable for the rugby supporters who watch the Cardiff Blues if say for example a large poster of Clarky scoring against Real was put up .

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:01 am

Vintage 63 wrote:There's so much that CCFC could do all around the CCS for the history of the Club but wont ....... I contacted them about putting up old player posters in the bar areas BUT they told me that coz its a shared stadium then it would not be suitable for the rugby supporters who watch the Cardiff Blues if say for example a large poster of Clarky scoring against Real was put up .

Thats a good idea. Theyre renting the stadium it aint theirs, fuk em init. They wouldnt give two shits about us if the shoe was on the other foot. They need to wake up and see their plan to move to CCS hasnt worked out and fuk off

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:06 am

Vintage 63 wrote:There's so much that CCFC could do all around the CCS for the history of the Club but wont ....... I contacted them about putting up old player posters in the bar areas BUT they told me that coz its a shared stadium then it would not be suitable for the rugby supporters who watch the Cardiff Blues if say for example a large poster of Clarky scoring against Real was put up .

The can just make the pictures double sided an turn them for the games. God they look for obstacles when there are always options.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:12 am

a lot of forum members are seated together. may as well get the banners made and flags out. i'll bring my forum flag :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:24 am

I am 100% behind this.

Would love to be able to develop designs to go on flags or banners!

If my T-Shirts sell well enough, I'd even like to fund the making of them!

I love seeing the stadiums in Italy, where the stands are covered in large flags - it looks amazing.

Chelsea are probably the best I have seen at it.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:28 am

COULDN'T WE SIGN A PETITION AND GIVE IT TO THE CLUB. LEAK IT TO THE MEDIA ETC SO THEY WOULD HAVE TO OFFICIALLY RESPOND?

1. They need to get us a section that cuts across the canton to the ninian at CCS. This means swapping of seats for season ticket holders etc.
2. we need some noise, drummers/band etc.
3. Posters at the bars/banners/big flags etc.
4. Representation for ticket allocations for away and cup games.
5. WE HAVE TO GET AN ATMOSPHERE

The Parma friendly was like a wake. it was an ok game, yeah we didnt score but things looked promising. The only major chants were against Borini.
How about we start chanting FOR our club than AGAINST others - we must look like pricks - quiet all game until we have to boo someone!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:24 pm

eddiep wrote:The Parma friendly was like a wake. it was an ok game, yeah we didnt score but things looked promising. The only major chants were against Borini.
How about we start chanting FOR our club than AGAINST others - we must look like pricks - quiet all game until we have to boo someone!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree, the 20 or so Parma fans who stood close to us were louder than 8,000 City fans. Fair play, they were great.

We need the atmosphere back.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:31 pm

this > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVQllaOyHig

crazy :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:35 pm

I'd like to see more in the Canton end like when we did that flag day against the Worzels a few years back. Lots of colour, flags and atmosphere. Hate to say it, but, a bit like the liverpool kop..

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:52 pm

JonScam wrote:I particularly liked the image with Malky's face on, on a backdrop of City colours, with BELIEVE written below.

and have apposing fans in awe.

I'm sorry but I think if this happened, we would be more laughed at by opposing fans than them being awestruck. Just my opinion but personally I hate all this band and banner stuff. It's all a bit gay

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:45 pm

McMurdo wrote:I'd like to see more in the Canton end like when we did that flag day against the Worzels a few years back. Lots of colour, flags and atmosphere. Hate to say it, but, a bit like the liverpool kop..

100% with you mate.The fact that some people don't like it cos it looks stupid,gay or whatever is a bit ridiculous.The reason i say this is because most of the clubs across the whole of europe who adopt this policy look amazing.Just look at the views on you tube.If we're honest it does look amazing if done well and regularly. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:58 pm

Agree with the guy that said we need to make it like the kop end in Liverpool.

Fantastic atmos, lots of Scarves etc would look great and may get the atmos going.
4 :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:00 pm

troobloo wrote:
McMurdo wrote:I'd like to see more in the Canton end like when we did that flag day against the Worzels a few years back. Lots of colour, flags and atmosphere. Hate to say it, but, a bit like the liverpool kop..

100% with you mate.The fact that some people don't like it cos it looks stupid,gay or whatever is a bit ridiculous.The reason i say this is because most of the clubs across the whole of europe who adopt this policy look amazing.Just look at the views on you tube.If we're honest it does look amazing if done well and regularly. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Exactly, you can also do it without the cringeworthyness that some ''ultras'' do. See: Palace. :lol: People, keep bringing into question what the club should do to make the situation better, but it's got sod all to do with them, it's down to the fans to make an exciting passionate environment. After all, football's not just about what's going on, on the field. It's about the fans just as much so should make more of what we have. Sincerely hope going down the city this season won't be the negative experience it was for a lot of games last season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: