Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Obama, what a let down!!!!!

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:26 pm

im sure we'l be next.

shame really, I was quite enjoying things as they were :?

Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:20 am

Both of your pictures are hilarious :lol: .

I don't understand why you think that cuts should have to be made on poor, hardworking folk, when taxes could be raised on the rich? Especially in the US, the disparity over there is incredible and the Republicans do anything to protect their own (i.e the top 10%).

I understand cutting on things such as benefits for their equivalent of dole scum, but what about the hard working people trying to find jobs who have to provide for their families who have lost their jobs due to cuts?

Or the people with no health insurance who had relied on Medicare and Medicaid, who have had their budgets absolutely slashed?

All i'm saying is that in times like this, cuts shouldn't be getting made on the poor, or even really the middle class.

What should be happening is the rich should have their taxes raised massively, and they should have to pay MORE than their fair share. That's what the poor are having to do through all the cuts.

All these job cuts to, I don't understand them. Surely in times like this they (and we) should be paying one person to dig a hole and another to fill it in, so to speak. To make sure that people can provide for their families and to be able to collect tax revenue and get the economy pumping again.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:51 am

Midfield general wrote:People go on about Blair's spin but the spin around Obama before he got elected was crazy.

To all the left wingers out there, just look at the USA and see what happens when you dont make cuts in National spending. :ayatollah:

Typical Tory attitude and of course Bush did such a wonderful job, there are still billion of hidden debts from the Bush regime.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:52 am

hooligan858 wrote:Both of your pictures are hilarious :lol: .

I don't understand why you think that cuts should have to be made on poor, hardworking folk, when taxes could be raised on the rich? Especially in the US, the disparity over there is incredible and the Republicans do anything to protect their own (i.e the top 10%).

I understand cutting on things such as benefits for their equivalent of dole scum, but what about the hard working people trying to find jobs who have to provide for their families who have lost their jobs due to cuts?

Or the people with no health insurance who had relied on Medicare and Medicaid, who have had their budgets absolutely slashed?

All i'm saying is that in times like this, cuts shouldn't be getting made on the poor, or even really the middle class.

What should be happening is the rich should have their taxes raised massively, and they should have to pay MORE than their fair share. That's what the poor are having to do through all the cuts.

All these job cuts to, I don't understand them. Surely in times like this they (and we) should be paying one person to dig a hole and another to fill it in, so to speak. To make sure that people can provide for their families and to be able to collect tax revenue and get the economy pumping again.

I completely understand where you're coming from but unfortunately they tried this in the 70's with disastrous results. I think im right in saying that the top rate of tax at that time was around 90% and all that succeeded in doing was driving the rich, and big companies, out of this country which meant less taxes coming in and less jobs for people. It may not be fair but thats the way it is. Also why should people who work hard, and have had success, be punished for doing so? Where is the incentive for them to continue to work hard, and for people to strive for success, if they know that most of their salary is going to be gone in taxes? Everyone should take a fair share of this burden! For me there are plenty of areas where we can afford to have cuts in this country without harming people. Some of the benefits we dole out, and immigration costs, are a scandal as are needless expenses such as multi lingual signs, devolved government, some of the quango's and public bodies which provide a limited service to the public etc etc. We're all in this together as both the rich and poor are to blame for this current state of affairs, as well as an abysmal Labour government which caused irreparable damage to this country!

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:58 pm

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ... lldMEPvUqA

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:23 pm

We will never solve our employment/tax/spend problems until there is a radical rethink on immigration. Call this racist if you have to but the fact is new arrivals undercut the working class people in this country to such an extent that it is simply not worthwhile them looking for a job, whilst at the same time it puts unbearable pressure on public services such as education/health.

It is common sense that if you reduce the competition and introduce a level playing field more people from this country would take up jobs which would make them financially better off. They would also become less reliant on state benefits and areas of the country would-not see their local schools and hospitals swamped by thousands of foreigners who can't even speak English.

That would reduce Government debt by Billions, but because our politicians haven't got the bollocks to address this issue so the same crappy merry-go-round will continue for another generation and the Government will simply put the blame on what one poster called the 'dole scum'

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:32 pm

oNLY fOOLS AND hORSES WORK!

I've more respect for dole scum than people earning average wages

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:We will never solve our employment/tax/spend problems until there is a radical rethink on immigration. Call this racist if you have to but the fact is new arrivals undercut the working class people in this country to such an extent that it is simply not worthwhile them looking for a job, whilst at the same time it puts unbearable pressure on public services such as education/health.

It is common sense that if you reduce the competition and introduce a level playing field more people from this country would take up jobs which would make them financially better off. They would also become less reliant on state benefits and areas of the country would-not see their local schools and hospitals swamped by thousands of foreigners who can't even speak English.

That would reduce Government debt by Billions, but because our politicians haven't got the bollocks to address this issue so the same crappy merry-go-round will continue for another generation and the Government will simply put the blame on what one poster called the 'dole scum'

Your right Tony.

What makes it worse, is everyone knows it, but are to afraid of being called a racist if they come out and say something.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:43 pm

You cant just keep taxing the rich. There seems a downer on people with money. I you Tax these people to death then they will just move Country or move there Money. These People work hard for there money so no its not fair taxing any one for more than they should. Make some real changes get the Scroungers, the lazy, the feckless back to work by slashing there Benifits instead of Taxing extra to those of us that graft.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:15 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:You cant just keep taxing the rich. There seems a downer on people with money. I you Tax these people to death then they will just move Country or move there Money. These People work hard for there money so no its not fair taxing any one for more than they should. Make some real changes get the Scroungers, the lazy, the feckless back to work by slashing there Benifits instead of Taxing extra to those of us that graft.

We'll only turn to crime

DEATH BEFORE EMPLOYMENT! :lol:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:30 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:You cant just keep taxing the rich. There seems a downer on people with money. I you Tax these people to death then they will just move Country or move there Money. These People work hard for there money so no its not fair taxing any one for more than they should. Make some real changes get the Scroungers, the lazy, the feckless back to work by slashing there Benifits instead of Taxing extra to those of us that graft.

We'll only turn to crime

Do the decent thing then Chief :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:33 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

We'll only turn to crime

Do the decent thing then Chief :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :ayatollah: