Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Arsenal fans booing off their team today

Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:17 pm

Crazy...its pre-season and they didnt even lose! :lol:

Re: Arsenal fans booing off their team today

Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:26 pm

their not happy with the board for the lack of activity in the transfer window this summer.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:31 pm

murphy wrote:their not happy with the board for the lack of activity in the transfer window this summer.

Its Wenger whos never wanted to spend...the moneys always been there by the board from what I've understood. Theyve just bought Gervinho for over £10 mil.

I thought the boos were purely from a performance perspective

Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:36 pm

Went yesterday, I thought Cardiff fans did'nt have a clue, these lot are on another level, expectancy is so high. Pre season and there booing, absolute disgrace makes the players feel so uneasy and will completely effect teams performance in first home league game

Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:37 pm

cecilccfc wrote:Went yesterday, I thought Cardiff fans did'nt have a clue, these lot are on another level, expectancy is so high. Pre season and there booing, absolute disgrace makes the players feel so uneasy and will completely effect teams performance in first home league game

Exactly, the ultimate case if 'plastic' affect IMO

Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:40 pm

JonScam wrote:
cecilccfc wrote:Went yesterday, I thought Cardiff fans did'nt have a clue, these lot are on another level, expectancy is so high. Pre season and there booing, absolute disgrace makes the players feel so uneasy and will completely effect teams performance in first home league game

Was incredible, talk about prawn sarnie fans, literally unbelievable yday, Riquelme ran them off the park and there saying Ramsey's not good enough etc .. joke

Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:42 pm

@Cecil.

I think your being a tad harsh there mate, I think the boo's are just ongoing from last season.

They have had enough of Wenger, they have bought in Gervinho and some youngster and sold Clichy with Nasri and Fabregas also on the way out.

With Wenger still in charge they are just not happy, I think we would be the same if Dave Jones was still in charge and our best players were on the way out with no replacements.

Its all relative realy, I know Arsenal are a big club and have been succesfull, but with no trophy since 2006 and stubborn Wenger still in charge, add to that Liverpool and City splashing the cash, Arsenal look like dropping out of the top 4.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:42 pm

cecilccfc wrote:
JonScam wrote:

Was incredible, talk about prawn sarnie fans, literally unbelievable yday, Riquelme ran them off the park and there saying Ramsey's not good enough etc .. joke

Totally pathetic mate, Rambos been shit hot for them this pre-season

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:55 pm

took my son yesterday and i have to say PSG were are brilliant footballing side technical and intelligent football at its finest.imo.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:13 pm

[quote="MillarFromTheHalfWayLine"]@Cecil.

With Wenger still in charge they are just not happy, I think we would be the same if Dave Jones was still in charge and our best players were on the way out with no replacements.

quote]

Given what Arsene Wenger has acheived at Arsenal I think he deserves a bit more respect than that.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:50 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:@Cecil.

I think your being a tad harsh there mate, I think the boo's are just ongoing from last season.

They have had enough of Wenger, they have bought in Gervinho and some youngster and sold Clichy with Nasri and Fabregas also on the way out.

Its all relative realy, I know Arsenal are a big club and have been succesfull, but with no trophy since 2006 and stubborn Wenger still in charge, add to that Liverpool and City splashing the cash, Arsenal look like dropping out of the top 4.

Understand your point pal, but to be fair he has done so much for them, went a season unbeaten, to boo at pre season is a complete joke imo

Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:03 pm

the expectation levels are huge at that club
but to compete, Wenger must be willing to part with cash
I heard if the Fabregas deal goes through, they may go in for Mata

Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:09 pm

If they want to charge a fortune for a Friendly then they are entitled to there opinion if they dont perform

Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:58 pm

to be honest i cant see wenger lasting the season there! For 4 years now they have been absolutely desperate for a proper keeper, a strong centre back and a strong centre mid yet year after year he fails to correct the problem! Some managers, like DJ, are just too arrogant to listen to the fans despite the problem staring them in the face!

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:12 pm

As an Arsenal fan (team since birth, always be my NO.1 team. But obviously a big City fan, feel free to call me a plastic :roll: ) i think that some peoples views on this thread are absolutely ridiculous. As i stated, been an Arsenal fan since birth and i've seen the glory and the misery. 5 years without anything for such a big club is stupid. Its so frustrating to see a huge club like Arsenal failing year after year and we've had enough of it ! Im not saying that booing was right yesterday, i was at the game and didnt boo. I believe the only reason they booed was because (yet again) we conceded a late goal ! It was a sort of "f**k sake here we go again" reaction. Not sniping at anyone but im just saying that the demand for the bigger clubs are so much higher than championship teams. People need to have a little think before they type.

:ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:31 pm

bleed_blue wrote:As an Arsenal fan (team since birth, always be my NO.1 team. But obviously a big City fan, feel free to call me a plastic :roll: ) i think that some peoples views on this thread are absolutely ridiculous. As i stated, been an Arsenal fan since birth and i've seen the glory and the misery. 5 years without anything for such a big club is stupid. Its so frustrating to see a huge club like Arsenal failing year after year and we've had enough of it ! Im not saying that booing was right yesterday, i was at the game and didnt boo. I believe the only reason they booed was because (yet again) we conceded a late goal ! It was a sort of "f**k sake here we go again" reaction. Not sniping at anyone but im just saying that the demand for the bigger clubs are so much higher than championship teams. People need to have a little think before they type.

Your not a big club anymmore though. Youve been left a million miles behind on a financial level so surely cannot expect to compete with the likes of Chelsea and the two Manc clubs.

You should be grateful for 4th place and a Champions league place.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Think it was a build up of numerous defence mistakes last season...wenger said he realised defence was a problem and that he would remedy in the summer............

Then the weekend two games, three defensive mistakes and captain leaving - deja Vu.

Also Arsenal charge highest in prem for season tickets and also have had a hike in price so fans basically saying nothings changed, paying premium prices and no further forward.

Sack Wenger and install DJ!! :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:32 pm

polo wrote:
bleed_blue wrote:As an Arsenal fan (team since birth, always be my NO.1 team. But obviously a big City fan, feel free to call me a plastic :roll: ) i think that some peoples views on this thread are absolutely ridiculous. As i stated, been an Arsenal fan since birth and i've seen the glory and the misery. 5 years without anything for such a big club is stupid. Its so frustrating to see a huge club like Arsenal failing year after year and we've had enough of it ! Im not saying that booing was right yesterday, i was at the game and didnt boo. I believe the only reason they booed was because (yet again) we conceded a late goal ! It was a sort of "f**k sake here we go again" reaction. Not sniping at anyone but im just saying that the demand for the bigger clubs are so much higher than championship teams. People need to have a little think before they type.

Your not a big club anymmore though. Youve been left a million miles behind on a financial level so surely cannot expect to compete with the likes of Chelsea and the two Manc clubs.

Miles behind financialy ? Arsenal is one of the most secure clubs in the premiership, Man city are loaded solely on their owners, Man utd ?? really ? in about 400m debt ? chelsea another RICH OWNER. Stan Kroenke and Peter Hill Wood are not billionaires like these. Granted their rich people obviously but Arsenals financial plan is ALOT more secure than most clubs.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:53 pm

bleed_blue wrote:
polo wrote:

Miles behind financialy ? Arsenal is one of the most secure clubs in the premiership, Man city are loaded solely on their owners, Man utd ?? really ? in about 400m debt ? chelsea another RICH OWNER. Stan Kroenke and Peter Hill Wood are not billionaires like these. Granted their rich people obviously but Arsenals financial plan is ALOT more secure than most clubs.

Your contradicting yourself :roll:

You try and claim you are not financially behind these clubs then bleat that your owners are not billionaires like the others. :?

The fact is you do not pay the wages or transfer fees, and if you are doing that for the balance sheet then great, I applaud that, but then you surely cannot expect to compete against the others????

I

Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:18 pm

The owners dont have to be as rich as Abramovich or Mr.Mansure to make a club rich.

As for wages and transfer fee's are you saying that arsenal dont pay the ridiculous amount of money a week ?

Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:42 am

bleed_blue wrote:The owners dont have to be as rich as Abramovich or Mr.Mansure to make a club rich.

As for wages and transfer fee's are you saying that arsenal dont pay the ridiculous amount of money a week ?

You dont pay the transfer fees, and you certainly dont pay multiple players 200k a week like they do at Chelsea, Man City and Man U.

FACT.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:26 am

Yes you are right, I wouldn't say all the players are on 200k mind.

Jack Wilshere gets 70k a week and he's 19. Fabregas has been on 100k for two seasons. And I'm pretty sure 10m was just spent on Gervinho ?

Surely it can only be a good thing financially that arsenal don't pay 200k a week for players. I don't think its a case of being miles behind financially because they arnt. I think Arsenal along with some other clubs are just sensible with their money.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:39 am

bleed_blue wrote:Yes you are right, I wouldn't say all the players are on 200k mind.

Jack Wilshere gets 70k a week and he's 19. Fabregas has been on 100k for two seasons. And I'm pretty sure 10m was just spent on Gervinho ?

Surely it can only be a good thing financially that arsenal don't pay 200k a week for players. I don't think its a case of being miles behind financially because they arnt. I think Arsenal along with some other clubs are just sensible with their money.

You are missing the point. I am not talking about how well the club is run, I applaud that.

Let me put it a slightly different way. The TEAM (not the club) budget at Arsenal is financially miles behind the top 3, yet you are booing them? or booing Wenger?

How can he possibly be expected to compete with the Top 3 when is budget is nowhere near theirs? Hes done well to hang onto their coat tails while the blast their way through the tramsfer market.

So you pay 10 million on a player. Wow. Man City have just spent 40 million on a player. Chelsea paid 50 million for Torres. United have just spent 50 million, with another 30 million+ earmarked for Sneijder.

And to say they are not miles behind Man City and Chelsea financially when their owners can underwrite any debt is just silly. You only have to look at what Man City and the 400 million pound naming rights of the stadium which is being ploud in by their owner.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:16 pm

Yes but you don't need to be at the same level as these clubs to compete !

Look at Tottenham, not on the same level as man utd, city and chelsea but their still up there !

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:22 pm

Feck Arsenal, most boring football team and boring fans in London.
Even if a few of my mates here are Gunners, they also know it's true.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:31 pm

I agree that they haven't got the best fans in the world (at home). Away their insanely good.

As for the football, boring ?? Really mate ? Voted best passing team in the world along with barca and man u.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:43 pm

bleed_blue wrote:Yes but you don't need to be at the same level as these clubs to compete !

Look at Tottenham, not on the same level as man utd, city and chelsea but their still up there !

Tottenham fans aint booing because they havent won the league!!!!

And they aint that far up there. They finished miles behind the champions.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:18 pm

I've heard the spuds booing their team off mate.

Lets be fair every team has had a game where the fans have booed them off. And just to point out Arsenal fans didnt boo them off. just at the whistle for about 5 seconds. Not saying its right. just pointing it out.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:24 am

bleed_blue wrote:I've heard the spuds booing their team off mate.

Lets be fair every team has had a game where the fans have booed them off. And just to point out Arsenal fans didnt boo them off. just at the whistle for about 5 seconds. Not saying its right. just pointing it out.

Not in a pre-season friendly they havent :?

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:53 am

Judging from what I can gather from my mates who are regulars at their games, it's the transfer policy that's pissing them off. They have players like Chamakh and Bendtner playing for them and they then and go and sign Gervinho, another lightweight African from the French league, who doesn't really inspire confidence among the fans when what they need is a good, solid, goalscorer. Wenger divides opinion among their fans and at any other club in the country, he would probably have been sacked by now. But he has been saved by the fact that his teams are always in transition and threaten to win something in the next season that never really arrives and that they always seem to wow the pundits by playing their 'pretty football' (i.e. pass it around the centre circle 52 times and pass it to Bendtner who will blaze hit high and wide 10 times a game)