Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

These 'new chants'

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:24 pm

for the couple of years i have browsed this site and there must have been near enough 500 new chant ideas including a lot from myself
there isnt much point to them as ive yet to hear any in the CCS or away, unless some small groups have sang them but not as a collective

i like a lot of the ideas but if we were to use them, then people really do need to sing them

the 'i just cant get enough' is the best idea we have had for a few years and it would be bouncing in the ground if we were to do it but honestly, i dont see it.... come West Ham, Bristol, it will be the same old (not that i dont love the classics, as I do)

another thing, I like bringing in new ideas but we have lost a lot of the old chants that we seemed to have left in Ninian Park. Id love to have those back aswell

Thoughts lads? :ayatollah:

Re: These 'new chants'

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:29 pm

Have to say I'm not a fan of 'just can't get enough'. I know it might be catchy, but seeing as a lot of people on here criticize people for pinching the poznan, I think it would be a bit hypocritical.

Went to the play-off semi with my flatmate who is a Villa fan, and he quite rightly observed that we don't really have any 'original' songs, we just do the same old stuff everyone else does.

I would imagine there's enough people on here to at least try and get some new ones going, they have to start from somewhere after all!

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:32 pm

The way i see it with the chant ideas are that some of them are too diffiult to remember.its all good writing a good song but people wont remember them. I think we need more basic ones like you said the "i just cant get enough" is a good idea but then we would be copycats ill never understand why poeple dont belt out "ill be there" its a fitting song for the club with all the shit we have been through. And also some people just dont want to sing anymore i admitt the only time i sing is when people around me are belting out a chant but theres too many quiet sections where if you chant you get funny looks or are just there on youre own whilst the rest sit there moaning.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:33 pm

Baarmy_Bluebird wrote:Have to say I'm not a fan of 'just can't get enough'. I know it might be catchy, but seeing as a lot of people on here criticize people for pinching the poznan, I think it would be a bit hypocritical.

Went to the play-off semi with my flatmate who is a Villa fan, and he quite rightly observed that we don't really have any 'original' songs, we just do the same old stuff everyone else does.

I would imagine there's enough people on here to at least try and get some new ones going, they have to start from somewhere after all!

I totally agree, my point was, they never do start, as much as I want them to, they never do

'Ill be there' is as original as they come but we dont dont do that enough
i dont think stealing a song and changing the words is a as bad as stealing the poznan
you could argue most footy chants are stolen as most are originally pop songs etc

i see your point though buddy

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:34 pm

Cardiffcityfc wrote:The way i see it with the chant ideas are that some of them are too diffiult to remember.its all good writing a good song but people wont remember them. I think we need more basic ones like you said the "i just cant get enough" is a good idea but then we would be copycats ill never understand why poeple dont belt out "ill be there" its a fitting song for the club with all the shit we have been through. And also some people just dont want to sing anymore i admitt the only time i sing is when people around me are belting out a chant but theres too many quiet sections where if you chant you get funny looks or are just there on youre own whilst the rest sit there moaning.

yes, we are famous for being 'noisy' but a lot of sections at the CCS are very quiet, thats why 1. im in the canton end and 2. i prefer away games

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:46 pm

eighty_8 wrote:
Cardiffcityfc wrote:The way i see it with the chant ideas are that some of them are too diffiult to remember.its all good writing a good song but people wont remember them. I think we need more basic ones like you said the "i just cant get enough" is a good idea but then we would be copycats ill never understand why poeple dont belt out "ill be there" its a fitting song for the club with all the shit we have been through. And also some people just dont want to sing anymore i admitt the only time i sing is when people around me are belting out a chant but theres too many quiet sections where if you chant you get funny looks or are just there on youre own whilst the rest sit there moaning.

yes, we are famous for being 'noisy' but a lot of sections at the CCS are very quiet, thats why 1. im in the canton end and 2. i prefer away games

Ill be going to my first away game this year cant wait to experience it!

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:04 pm

You forgot my one. This would be awsome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruAF71UVMTc
And the lyrics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US-ZgUr3xQY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: