Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How Many Years Have you Been Supporting Cardiff ?

Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:39 pm

How many Years have you supported Cardiff and what was your first home and away games? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: How Many Years Have you Been Supporting Cardiff ?

Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:55 pm

57years, my first game was standing on the old bob bank against Preston North end 1955.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:05 pm

52 years. 1959 first home game against Fulham, Jimmy Hill & Johnny Haynes playing for Fulham. First away game Swans at the Vetch.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:12 pm

40 years. First home game v Millwall 1971 2-2 draw. Away Lincoln 1982 2-1 loss.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:14 pm

Can;t remember first home game, spent most of the the first couple of years in the late 70's running around a deserted family enclosure in front of the GrandStand,first away game would have been Swansea in the early 80's 2-3 defeat ,first away game on my own with Aerdyglas - spelling ???, Wolves circa '85, 1-0 win courtesy of Andy Kerr !

Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:16 pm

17yrs, 8 of them years were as a part time fan and the other 9 as a die-hard. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:17 pm

Time to be different!

Only really coming up 1 year this autumn. Having grown up in London, I supported Chelsea for a long time, being my Grandad's favourite team. However, my Dad is from Cardiff, so I've always followed the Welsh rugby team, and occasionally took an interest in how Cardiff were doing (can vaguely remember bits of Earnie's first stint).

Shortly after Chelsea got all their money I got bored of football, and so paid no attention for years, but after moving to Cardiff last year to go to University, I started taking an interest again. Living with a fierce Villa fan, football is a frequent topic for discussion in my flat, so in a relatively short space of time I've been completely swept away by the constant drama at Cardiff, and can't believe how much more interesting the Championship is than the Prem!

Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:17 pm

13 years, i'm only 16 though :lol:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:49 pm

18 years! And my first game sadly to say was against the jacks in the autowindscreen cup wen andy legg scored late on to take it to extra time and I think Martin Hayes scored the winner but me and my friend missed the extra time as In those days the last train up to rhymney was about 10 o'clock

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:41 pm

My first game was southampton 2006 so i was 13/14 i always looked for citys results but didtn really start going regular untill about 2007/08 and that was only a few games a season but i went to about 10 last year and ive got my 1st season ticket for this upcoming season an im planning on going to a few away games when i pass my driving test!

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:55 pm

About 56/7years played for school team in morning teacher then took whole team to watch city in afternoon we were told watch the guy who plays in your position and learn from him i had to watch alf sherwood no chance i would ever be like him.However one member of our team did make it he was a year younger than us but still made the team that was steve derret.My first away game was at newcastle my dad won the trip in some sort raffle a home game we stayed with my mums relatives who all live in newcastle

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:08 pm

Since 2001 :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:28 pm

1979 Chelsea.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:33 pm

First ever game was organized by my football team under 11's & it was 1987 against burnley .I didn't go again then until 1991 when we had the jacks live on sky :ayatollah: I'm so glad my football team chose Cardiff & not the jerks :shock:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:34 pm

99/00 season when i was 7 Millwall at home the first game of the season night game i was watching the Grange end from the family stand for most of the game was madness! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:36 pm

over 30 years. 1st league game was home to newcastle in 81 (won 1-0). First away was 1983 at Newport County(lost 1-0)

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:40 pm

Xcasual wrote:First ever game was organized by my football team under 11's & it was 1987 against burnley .I didn't go again then until 1991 when we had the jacks live on sky :ayatollah: I'm so glad my football team chose Cardiff & not the jerks :shock:

York city away 1992 I think lost :roll: ,had a season ticket since 94 :D

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:42 pm

44 years first game sheff united home,think we lost 3 2 i was only 8 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:45 pm

19 years... 1st game was against walsall in 1992... it was during the school hols in august...

didnt have my first season ticket though til 2003 though...

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:57 pm

Very late 70s for me I can`t remember who my first home game was against as I was only 12, but I remember my first away game Hereford United Welsh Cup semi final.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:01 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:99/00 season when i was 7 Millwall at home the first game of the season night game i was watching the Grange end from the family stand for most of the game was madness! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That first home game against Millwall 99/00 season wasnt a night game fella.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:21 pm

supporting city since 1970 first game was at swansea wesh cup tie city won 2 nil but it wasnt until 73/74 that i attended my first game at ninian park relagation decider against crystal palace when we secured a draw for us to stay up first proper away game southend away fa cup city lost two one .to be fair though missed a good few yers because of my own playing days would then go to matches when iwasnt playing but have always follwed the city no matter what

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:35 pm

since 1992, first home game was halifax I think we won 2-0 or 2-1, first away game in 1995 against wrexham can't remember if it was welsh cup or league, we lost though 3-1 I think, :?: :?:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:36 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
Llantrisant Blue. wrote:99/00 season when i was 7 Millwall at home the first game of the season night game i was watching the Grange end from the family stand for most of the game was madness! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That first home game against Millwall 99/00 season wasnt a night game fella.

thats right, it was a saturday.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:36 pm

Ipswich Home 1978

Swansea Away 1981

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 pm

My first away game is an interesting story (i've been supporting about 3-4 years).

It was at the Liberty, the first year that the gypos were in the Championship. I went for the League Cup game, the one which we lost 1-0. My mate's dad is a die-hard Jack, but me and my mate are Bluebirds as we're both born and bred in Cardiff.

My mate's dad got us tickets to sit with the home fans, so there me and my mate were sitting with a bunch of Jacks with our city tops on under our coats! Shitting myself the whole time. Never been so quiet in my life. Especially when the Jacks scored that goal! Luckily no one clicked, probably pretty stupid come to think of it :lol: .

First home game was in Jan, the 2-1 win over Leeds. Was right infront of Bellamy when he scored :D and had a great view for Snodgrass's screamer as well. My mate who I lived with in uni at the time came with me, and he's a lifelong Leeds fan. Needless to say that was a good car ride home!

Haven't been able to make many games in the past, but this season will be attending more home games at least as i'll be better off financially! Happy days!

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:49 pm

5:20 kick off.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:50 pm

hooligan858 wrote:My first away game is an interesting story (i've been supporting about 3-4 years).

It was at the Liberty, the first year that the gypos were in the Championship. I went for the League Cup game, the one which we lost 1-0. My mate's dad is a die-hard Jack, but me and my mate are Bluebirds as we're both born and bred in Cardiff.

My mate's dad got us tickets to sit with the home fans, so there me and my mate were sitting with a bunch of Jacks with our city tops on under our coats! Shitting myself the whole time. Never been so quiet in my life. Especially when the Jacks scored that goal! Luckily no one clicked, probably pretty stupid come to think of it :lol: .

First home game was in Jan, the 2-1 win over Leeds. Was right infront of Bellamy when he scored :D and had a great view for Snodgrass's screamer as well. My mate who I lived with in uni at the time came with me, and he's a lifelong Leeds fan. Needless to say that was a good car ride home!

Haven't been able to make many games in the past, but this season will be attending more home games at least as i'll be better off financially! Happy days!

Actually that's dead wrong, my first home game was to Wrexham when I was in primary school! I think it was a 2-0 loss! Must've been 1998 or 1999 or something! Only just remembered :|.

I was a die-hard egg chaser until about 16 ya see! My family a hugely rugby family, i'm the first footy fan!

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:57 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:5:20 kick off.

Wrong again sorry my friend.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:59 pm

Ohh right must have got mixed up with the league cup game the season after but that was my first game the div 2 one.