Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

next season is when we push for promotion

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:29 am

i dont believe the malaysians have told malky get us up this season. i believe we are putting a base in this season ready to build on next season. play offs a bonus now but next season we will add to our squad and make a push for automatic.

Re: next season is when we push for promotion

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:32 am

Silly game if true, planning ahead rarely works.
Unless we reduce our wage bill massively and I dont mean reported wages i mean real wages then expectations will bet the same.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:42 am

2blue2handle wrote:Silly game if true, planning ahead rarely works.
Unless we reduce our wage bill massively and I dont mean reported wages i mean real wages then expectations will bet the same.

sorry what i meant is at the end of last season we had a number of players/loanee's leaving for whatever reason leaving us quite bare leaving malky to bring in half a squad so i think at the end of this season we will still hopefully have a strong base to build on for the following season and maybe only bringing in 2 or 3 players to tweak whats already here.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:54 am

jinks-rct wrote:

sorry what i meant is at the end of last season we had a number of players/loanee's leaving for whatever reason leaving us quite bare leaving malky to bring in half a squad so i think at the end of this season we will still hopefully have a strong base to build on for the following season and maybe only bringing in 2 or 3 players to tweak whats already here.

IM guessing MM still had budget for loans and the chance of bellers :ayatollah:

I still believe DJ would have got us top 6 so anythingless will be poor

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:03 am

2blue2handle wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:

IM guessing MM still had budget for loans and the chance of bellers :ayatollah:

I still believe DJ would have got us top 6 so anythingless will be poor

but i feel this season is a hell of alot harder than the last few

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:13 am

but i feel this season is a hell of alot harder than the last few

I feekl thats because of change of manager?

From what ive read MM has signed everyone on a 3 year deal.....same as him...what happens in 3 years?
IMO who cares but same situation

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:17 pm

when does the window close and are we still looking for players. i read somewhere we are finished looking for players :shock:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:19 pm

mid table this season see how fans react that.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:38 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:mid table this season see how fans react that.

mid table is a decent position anything better this season will be a bonus.
but if we can hold our own till january we might bring some players in for a push but i think we are being sensible for a change and building a squad without rushing. if fans boo cause we are mid table maybe it would be better for the to piss off and watch man utd etc

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:43 pm

I honestly cant see how this season is going to turn out
i havnt got any incline of how strog we are
its like we heading into unknown territory

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:57 pm

eighty_8 wrote:I honestly cant see how this season is going to turn out
i havnt got any incline of how strog we are
its like we heading into unknown territory

spot on..

its difficult to predict , leicester are spending big, you have west ham and brum, who could get dismantled , blackpool there, leeds who have had a very good pre season, hull, burnley, southampton who i think will be a decent outfit..

i think though are aims are the same.. mm hasnt come here to consolidate a mid table finish , he is looking to challenge in and around the play offs... we wont get an idea until end of september early october at least before we can see who is looking good. then again , look at reading last yr, at the bottom at xmas time then flew up the league...

one thing is for sure it is going to be alot tougher this season than last , but that goes across the board for all teams...

:ayatollah:

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:34 pm

lets hope we dont see any gutless displays :ayatollah: