Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Confused - Why are people lowering expectations

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:41 pm

It sounds like to me that most fans dont want to be let down again.

Dont really blame them as i was p*ssed off most of last season and didnt really enjoy myself much at all. :(

But all this ill take midtable crap is making me sick i love being p*ssed off its a big part of be a fan of any club it means your excited and expect high standards of football every game and that come across to the players on the pitch during the game imo.

If every1 in the stadium is calm and happy with the odd loss and 1 point here and there what the fck does that say about our club because as far as i can see we have already told our players there shite & because of that we are happy with mid table.

Its not acceptable to me for them to be shite I have paid my money and i expect them to push on from what DJ did or what was the fcking point of getting MM in at all because dj would have got another team together to push for promotion again whether us fans liked him or not & imo thats what pissed alotof fans off he didnt give a shite about what we thought as he is a very stubborn man. :shock:

Myself and my family will be singing all season long and trying to ride them bunch of lossers like zorro until then end of he season and i hope you lot will be doing the same or the club might aswell shut up shop now. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:15 pm

yes, we lost 12 players from last season. but what did rae koumas jet jls matthews burke really do last season. koumas won a game up in doncaster for us, i personally thought burke was very poor for the last few months. feel sorry about matthews. i think the players that malky has signed are team players, which a few of the other so called big names of ours, who has gone, simply werent. as long as these players give 100% for cardiff city, i couldn give a f##k. an i also think that a few of these signings will suprise a few of us. lets just get behind the boys,come the start of the season. i think if we are there by xmas, then we will be there come may, and maybe this time, our manager wont bottle it................. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:46 pm

thewelshfella wrote:It sounds like to me that most fans dont want to be let down again.

Dont really blame them as i was p*ssed off most of last season and didnt really enjoy myself much at all. :(

But all this ill take midtable crap is making me sick i love being p*ssed off its a big part of be a fan of any club it means your excited and expect high standards of football every game and that come across to the players on the pitch during the game imo.

If every1 in the stadium is calm and happy with the odd loss and 1 point here and there what the fck does that say about our club because as far as i can see we have already told our players there shite & because of that we are happy with mid table.

Its not acceptable to me for them to be shite I have paid my money and i expect them to push on from what DJ did or what was the fcking point of getting MM in at all because dj would have got another team together to push for promotion again whether us fans liked him or not & imo thats what pissed alotof fans off he didnt give a shite about what we thought as he is a very stubborn man. :shock:

Myself and my family will be singing all season long and trying to ride them bunch of lossers like zorro until then end of he season and i hope you lot will be doing the same or the club might aswell shut up shop now. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think as has been said MM is taking pressure off new team etc by stating mid table but trust me he wants prem and is a winner - roll on new season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:31 am

NIBluebird wrote:OK topic for debate -

Why are people now accepting that mid table or above is good enough for us this season ?

Surely after the previous seasons of guaranteed play off etc to move forward with a new manager we should expect automatic or 3rd as that will be the only improvement MM can make from the previous management regime ?

CCFC intentions should be to sign Goodwilley now plus if he has £10m budget a named defender and midfielder - I know the transfer season is not over but our squad at the moment wont achieve much in my opinin.

So what are your expectations ?? Are we ambitious anymore and if we lose half and win half will you be putting pressure on MM with his team of signings ??

I cant see come October if we are not challenging this MB accepting that this is the new city ??

Any comments

Nothing wrong with a bit of realism!! Mid table would be about as high as you could aim for this season. If you're not relegated then that will be a fantastic season for you. :old:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:01 pm

JackArmyWalesNumber1 wrote:

Why are people now accepting that mid table or above is good enough for us this season ?

Surely after the previous seasons of guaranteed play off etc to move forward with a new manager we should expect automatic or 3rd as that will be the only improvement MM can make from the previous management regime ?

CCFC intentions should be to sign Goodwilley now plus if he has £10m budget a named defender and midfielder - I know the transfer season is not over but our squad at the moment wont achieve much in my opinin.

So what are your expectations ?? Are we ambitious anymore and if we lose half and win half will you be putting pressure on MM with his team of signings ??

I cant see come October if we are not challenging this MB accepting that this is the new city ??

You will be relegted by easter - how we will laff

Any comments

Nothing wrong with a bit of realism!! Mid table would be about as high as you could aim for this season. If you're not relegated then that will be a fantastic season for you. :old:

Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Any comments

Loss of momentum perhaps?

We're starting again, so there may be "teething problems".

If we can't challenge for promotion then a relegation battle is the next best thing, assuming we don't go down obviously.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:00 pm

We are going up.We've signed some cracking young players and experianced players.
did anyone tip norwich last season :old:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:47 pm

Today proves e :twisted: :twisted: veryone still wants automatic and thats when we WIN !!! Pathetic if you ask me -

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:49 pm

I don't understand people who say midtable, that's pretty stupid thing to say, imo. We strengthened our midfield and defence, and it's a question whether our strikers are better

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:19 am

Last nights result will test fans in terms of reality .

we are a mid table side at best - are you happy with that - splash the cash

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:24 am

NIBluebird wrote:Last nights result will test fans in terms of reality .

we are a mid table side at best - are you happy with that - splash the cash

Like Leicester have you mean?

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:30 am

quadsas wrote:I don't understand people who say midtable, that's pretty stupid thing to say, imo. We strengthened our midfield and defence, and it's a question whether our strikers are better

Debatable wether midfeld and defence have been strengthened (Taylor no better than Quinn, Gerrard no better than Keinan)
and our forward line is nowhere near as good this year.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:30 pm

Still dont understand why malasians are not going for it , they are not going to mkae money in the championship

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:56 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:WTF Is wrong with People? And the lost 12 player's syndrome? Bellers jb and Chops that's three players End Off!! Earnie will fare better than Chop's last season, Miller will top 18 +, So we really only lost 1 player Bellamy, Dont yarp on about Burk, ollie, Jet, Rea, and a hat full of other loan'ies that people like to add to our lost player scenario, Get real' We have got rid of some utter sh'te players, Fare play to MM He has brought in 10 players that i for one got more confidence in our new arrivals than the money grabbing bottlers we had last season, And only one loan signing, Im happy as punch, though i still would love to see Bellers and Goodwilly added im still confident of good things to come, not to forget with Hudson-Gerrard-Kheinen- and supper Kev We already boast one of the best defenses be for we add the likes of Taylor and Co, I think too many People are clinging on to what could'v beens, ONE MORE THING , BELLERS apart CCFC did Not have a premiership team last season, Hype nothing but Hype, We already got a better Team and MM aint finished yet, Get a Gripp!!!! :old:

To quote Blackadder "if only you were as pretty as punch"......

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:57 am

MM doesn't have low expectations.

If MM doesn't have low expectations then why should I?

Has MM talked about midtable? No.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:38 am

Any comments

We should Always be looking for at least the play offs with our wage bill and support :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:45 am

Midfield general wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:Still dont understand why malasians are not going for it , they are not going to mkae money in the championship

Completely agree. OK we paid high wages last year but in football terms we didn't spend that much because they were all loans.

But that is counter productive as we have no sell on value for loan signings.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:24 pm

Agree -catch 22 but we are squad building at least .................. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:49 pm

carpet20 wrote:I agree dave jones was was able to give us a consistant top 6/7 position. Including good cup runs. The last 10 years have been some of the best following cardiff, if changing the manager mean we should expect a mid table finish, what was the point in changing the manager

Agree.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:30 pm

I think we now have a team to challenge top 6 and we can buy in January - this is where i think the malasians will be looking :ayatollah: :ayatollah: waiting to see how we do and mm

Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:57 pm

This is definately the new City. I think we'll finish above midtable, I'd be ecstatic with a play off place :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:43 am

Well we are where we are ..................why are people now having a go when a lot of them said here that mid table is expectation ?