Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Confused - Why are people lowering expectations

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:59 am

miguel comminges ftw wrote:I think we've been spoilt in how well we've done the last 3 years. So one year when we're not challenging for the autos isnt the end of the world

No its not but the Malasians want Prem football ASAP , yes we need to re-build but can you see Malasians hanging around if we are mid table ? Bellamy if he comes and Goodwilly and decent defender to change us into Prem - Automatic :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Perhaps because peoples expectations were ridiculous last year. Booing the team off if we werent winning half time.

Cunts to a man.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:24 pm

Bellers and Goodwillie sign then BANG......

Everyone saying mid table will change their tune.

The simply truth is that we have not replaced the goals we have lost.

Over the moon with Miller. Rudy will be a great back up for the target man role.

Get Goodwillie and Bellers.

Kiss is the X Factor!

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:27 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Bellers and Goodwillie sign then BANG......

Over the moon with Miller. Rudy will be a great back up for the target man role.

Kiss is the X Factor!

Sign them two and our squad will still be no better than West Hams or Leicesters as it stands.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:28 pm

And that means we would be top three then?

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:30 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:And that means we would be top three then?

No it doesnt.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:31 pm

What do you mean then?

You don't think we will be there or there abouts if he have a squad as good as West Ham?

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:34 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:What do you mean then?

You don't think we will be there or there abouts if he have a squad as good as West Ham?

Where did I say our squad is as good as West Hams?

By having West Ham and Leicester and their squads in this division hopefully people wont be spouting the "We have got the best squad in this diviosn. We should be walking it" bollocks that was being spouted last season.

Although I wont hold my breath.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:42 pm

You said with the signings of Goodwillie/Bellers our squad will still be not better than West Hams.

I think that's fair enough and I agree.

But add in Goodwillie/Bellers I don't think we are a midtable and could be there or there abouts at the end of the season.

The key to football is goals.

Miller, Bellers and Goodwillie have goals written all over them.

Leicester have failed to bring back Yak - Yak was the best striker in this league last season.

Carton Cole has been on a bad run for sometime and West Ham have lost their best striker to Newcastle Utd.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:48 pm

Here's hoping we have lost 12 individuals and will bring in 12 members of a team.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:01 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:i think its to do with the fact we lost 12 good players and so far signed 9 average players (well part from Kenny) and a new manager trying to start his own effort. cant expect promotion with the team we go (at the moment). we need another 5 players before we can actually challenge at the top of the league with the likes of West Ham and Forest etc.
if we sign bellamy he would make a big difference. but thats a big IF.
i would be happy with 10th because as things stand we havent got a strong team tbh.

12 good players? Who? Not good enough to take us up obviously.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:17 pm

Goodwilly off radar but Bellars wil be amazing - need defender though big time

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:24 pm

NIBluebird wrote:OK topic for debate -

Why are people now accepting that mid table or above is good enough for us this season ?

Surely after the previous seasons of guaranteed play off etc to move forward with a new manager we should expect automatic or 3rd as that will be the only improvement MM can make from the previous management regime ?

CCFC intentions should be to sign Goodwilley now plus if he has £10m budget a named defender and midfielder - I know the transfer season is not over but our squad at the moment wont achieve much in my opinin.

So what are your expectations ?? Are we ambitious anymore and if we lose half and win half will you be putting pressure on MM with his team of signings ??

I cant see come October if we are not challenging this MB accepting that this is the new city ??

Any comments

Next season should be all about rebuilding and sorting out which tactics to use bla bla bla (hence why we have pre season friendlies). So I'm not expecting promotion, as I've learned not to put your hopes up when its Cardiff.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:28 pm

polo wrote:Perhaps because peoples expectations were ridiculous last year. Booing the team off if we werent winning half time.

Cunts to a man.

this

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Only two weeks to go now - agree with all said - what does booing team do anyway - nothing except annoy players further although this team will run their socks off for us :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:28 pm

Dave Jones done very well for the city
before last year. Last year he was given
all the ammunition he asked for and still
we failed. So a clear out this year with a
new manager and new back room staff was
inevitable. So lets give the new staff and players
a chance. We still have some loan players to come
in to hopefully strengthen the side. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:59 pm

I think that it is unfair that we brand the players that we have got in to the club as "average". I think they are good signings that have yet to be proven at Champ level granted but i do think that if we are not looking at a top 6 finish we are goiing backwards. Why give a new manager the budget that the board have given with the intention not to take the club to the next level. I feel that TG and co have obviously said that they expect big things from MM to allow him the money. If CB is back in board then any team in this league will have a fighting chance at top 6 with player of that calibre and desire to drive a team forward. IMO i will be slightly dissapointed if we finish outside the playoffs this year but i suppose the excuse of "we are building" come in to play.

Reagardless of where we are next year as long as we play the right kind of football and show pasion which i feel we have lacked ( bar bellaz and mcphail) in the past few years i will be over the moon! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Bobbanker89 wrote:I think that it is unfair that we brand the players that we have got in to the club as "average". I think they are good signings that have yet to be proven at Champ level granted but i do think that if we are not looking at a top 6 finish we are goiing backwards. Why give a new manager the budget that the board have given with the intention not to take the club to the next level. I feel that TG and co have obviously said that they expect big things from MM to allow him the money. If CB is back in board then any team in this league will have a fighting chance at top 6 with player of that calibre and desire to drive a team forward. IMO i will be slightly dissapointed if we finish outside the playoffs this year but i suppose the excuse of "we are building" come in to play.

Reagardless of where we are next year as long as we play the right kind of football and show pasion which i feel we have lacked ( bar bellaz and mcphail) in the past few years i will be over the moon! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wil evryone agree with you on the terraces - plastic fans ?

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:02 pm

NIBluebird wrote:
Bobbanker89 wrote:I think that it is unfair that we brand the players that we have got in to the club as "average". I think they are good signings that have yet to be proven at Champ level granted but i do think that if we are not looking at a top 6 finish we are goiing backwards. Why give a new manager the budget that the board have given with the intention not to take the club to the next level. I feel that TG and co have obviously said that they expect big things from MM to allow him the money. If CB is back in board then any team in this league will have a fighting chance at top 6 with player of that calibre and desire to drive a team forward. IMO i will be slightly dissapointed if we finish outside the playoffs this year but i suppose the excuse of "we are building" come in to play.

Wil evryone agree with you on the terraces - plastic fans ?

No they wont. But if we like it or not its the plastic fans over the last few years that have enabled us to bring in investment.
I really think that real city fans will be prepared to take a season but the question is if the new board will, and if we like it or not plastic fans will leave when times are had and so will investors.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:21 pm

The truth is Jones built a team to get promoted and was giving time as we had lost so many good players like Kav Gabby Colins Mcanuff etc when he took over and kept us in the division and took 5 years to get us to the play off final paying high wages and giving money to buy Chopra etc but we missed out in the play off final then last season Jones new it was his last chance and gambled and failed and we lost more players than ever in out history 12 in total.

So now we are building again and as supporters we have to remember that, trouble is we got so close in the play off final then we all thought we would get top 2 last season so it is hard to go back but that is what we have to do and trust Malky and our almost new squad

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:03 pm

Einstein wrote:Dave Jones - Playoff Final and Semi-Final in last two seasons.

MM - We're happy with mid table.....

Please explain the logic.... :old:

Being called Einstein I thought you would have been cleverer than the question you just asked (joke) :ayatollah:

Dj had the team he wanted and fucked it season after season, the reason that we are so happy with mid table finish is because Malky has brought in a team of young players and we will get a few experienced ones in. This season will be learning about Malky and bring the youngsters up to a better standard using the Experience around them.

Next season we will have a team of players that know how each other plays with a good team spirit ( like Swansea unfortunatley ), and then when add a few players we will be in a position to push again. Rome wasn't built in a day and Dj wasn't the architect we all thought he would be, he just didn't know how to finish!

I have faith but also patience.....

Lets just enjoy a season without all the pressure for the first time in a long time :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 pm

How can you enjoy a season losing games and not playing for anything ?

as said pn here the malasians want success .....................maybe MM playing it cool taking pressure off the team . MM has not joined us to become a mid table team he had thta at watford

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:22 pm

All i want to see is COMMITMENT.COMMITMENT,AND MORE COMMITMENT.end of :x

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:04 am

weza 65 wrote:All i want to see is COMMITMENT.COMMITMENT,AND MORE COMMITMENT.end of :x

who wants players committed but losing? I dont

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:11 am

carpet20 wrote:I agree dave jones was was able to give us a consistant top 6/7 position. Including good cup runs. The last 10 years have been some of the best following cardiff, if changing the manager mean we should expect a mid table finish, what was the point in changing the manager

WHAT POSITION DID WE GET TO IN DAVE JONES FIRST SEASON - WAS IT 11TH???
MM is basically starting from scratch. What players left in the squad after last season are premiership or even championship class? We have to give this time and no pressurise FFS.
Enjoy our team and club guys.
What would we have done if we'd got up? It would have been a disaster. No Squad, No money and us all forecasting prem league doom.

I think those championship doom fans (not neccesarily the guy i've quoted!) do need to get a grip and get behind the team. lower your expectations and support for once you miserable cunts
FOR ANY CLUB OTHER THAN TOP FOUR PREM FINANCIAL (MAN U/CITY/CHELSEA/LIVERPOOL) A SQUAD CANT BE BOUGHT IN AND HAS TO GROW and even thay use a youth system!. Therefore, we will have to grow - some of MMs signings may not work - some may excel - some will be bought young and anonymous - and some will be names:
LETS GET REAL BOYS
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:18 am

eddiep wrote:
carpet20 wrote:I agree dave jones was was able to give us a consistant top 6/7 position. Including good cup runs. The last 10 years have been some of the best following cardiff, if changing the manager mean we should expect a mid table finish, what was the point in changing the manager

WHAT POSITION DID WE GET TO IN DAVE JONES FIRST SEASON - WAS IT 11TH???
MM is basically starting from scratch. What players left in the squad after last season are premiership or even championship class? We have to give this time and no pressurise FFS.
Enjoy our team and club guys.
What would we have done if we'd got up? It would have been a disaster. No Squad, No money and us all forecasting prem league doom.

I think those championship doom fans (not neccesarily the guy i've quoted!) do need to get a grip and get behind the team. lower your expectations and support for once you miserable cunts
FOR ANY CLUB OTHER THAN TOP FOUR PREM FINANCIAL (MAN U/CITY/CHELSEA/LIVERPOOL) A SQUAD CANT BE BOUGHT IN AND HAS TO GROW and even thay use a youth system!. Therefore, we will have to grow - some of MMs signings may not work - some may excel - some will be bought young and anonymous - and some will be names:
LETS GET REAL BOYS
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Some good points BUT we have made steady progress since that 11th place - should we go back to that place ?? Undertsand we went down loans last season but as long as we are challenging gives fans something to turn up for !

Good to read malasians are 100% behind us :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:27 am

Momentum is very important agreed. We have to aim for the top. Unfortunately that hasn't worked for us so we have changed our manager and the way we approach our clubs finances over a longer term. This may take time. I agree with you that we still have to aim high although we may have to ease off to leave it gel. I'm at training now for a look - will understand more about them then!

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:26 am

eddiep wrote:Momentum is very important agreed. We have to aim for the top. Unfortunately that hasn't worked for us so we have changed our manager and the way we approach our clubs finances over a longer term. This may take time. I agree with you that we still have to aim high although we may have to ease off to leave it gel. I'm at training now for a look - will understand more about them then!

If we start well then great - if we are going down few loans then wilhave to wait until end of august

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:28 pm

polo wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:Bellers and Goodwillie sign then BANG......

Kiss is the X Factor!

Sign them two and our squad will still be no better than West Hams or Leicesters as it stands.

Do you think west ham will look the same when the transfer window closes?,gonna be a lot of movement over the coming weeks and plenty to look forward to I reckon.Don't think we can seriously judge our team until the window closes and the prem players start going out on loan.

In Malky we trust :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:12 pm

West Ham wil be huge test - our defence still squeaky bad