Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

about a month ago....

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:09 am

We were told goodwille was malkys NUMBER 1 TARGET. So what has changed?

Re: about a month ago....

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:10 am

trotskie wrote:We were told goodwille was malkys NUMBER 1 TARGET. So what has changed?

Miller was available and a proven striker at this level.
Goodie is potential.
Malky has taken the safer option I think. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:12 am

trotskie wrote:We were told goodwille was malkys NUMBER 1 TARGET. So what has changed?

I dont think our owners will pay a big transfer fee,but only big wages.Personally i think he would be a sound investment

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:14 am

Maybe that extra million pound can go on further investment.

1 Mil is another winger and midfield player.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:18 am

had kenny miller not become avail, i feel we prob would have continued with goodwillie, however i think as time went on we were unsure on certtain outcomes and needed to look elsewhere..

as soon as miller became available for half the price of goodwillie i think thats were we turned to..

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:37 am

The confusing bit for me is were told MM is prepared to wait the whole tranfer window to get his main targets. So is miller a panic buy?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:38 am

I still don't understand this bumming of Goodwillie. Totally unproven at Championship level and for £2m that's too much for a club like us in my eyes.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:48 am

trotskie wrote:The confusing bit for me is were told MM is prepared to wait the whole tranfer window to get his main targets. So is miller a panic buy?

dont think a panic buy... mm knew we needed strikers and as he became avail, quickly moved to snap him up ... when certain players become avail , you take them as soon as you can or risk losing them to other clubs..

had we not moved for miller then someone else would have.. especially for the same price as we paid for gavin gordon some yrs ago!!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:42 am

Zabier wrote:I still don't understand this bumming of Goodwillie. Totally unproven at Championship level and for £2m that's too much for a club like us in my eyes.

agreed.