Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Earnie's excited about linking up with Miller

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:45 am

From the Echo:

Kenny Miller and Robert Earnshaw launched their new Bluebirds strike partnership last night and the message was clear: “We can score goals together.”

The two international frontmen linked up for the first time when they both appeared as second-half substitutes in the 1-1 draw at Yeovil, Scotland cap Miller, pictured, coming on for the final 14 minutes after completing his £700,000 switch from Turkish club Bursaspor earlier in the day.

And Wales striker Earnshaw said: “Kenny is a quality player, a highly-experienced Scotland international. We are both quite clever in football terms because we know the game. We each have good movement and it’s an exciting prospect linking up together.

“We both love scoring goals and that’s what we aim to do. I’ve been chatting to Kenny over the last few days as he waited for his transfer to be finalised, he’s settling in well and hopefully we’ll play alongside each other against Parma on Saturday.”

Earnshaw was back in action having missed the last two pre-season games because of a minor thigh injury.

“It was a slight strain and I missed those games as a precaution, there was no point risking it,” he said.

“I felt a little stiff and tired after the run, but we are building up for the Parma game.”

Cardiff’s pre-season programme seemed set to continue with a win after Peter Whittingham’s splendid 18th-minute volley put them ahead at Huish Park, only for Yeovil’s Max Ehmer to equalise seven minutes after the re-start.

Read all the action from our live blog from Huish Park below

Slovakian Under-21 cap Filip Kiss shone in the City midfield and there was another opportunity for new French striker Rudy Gestade in the second-half.

Bluebirds boss Malky Mackay used 20 players in all and gave a start to the on-trial Craig Fagan, the former Derby and Hull player who is a free agent.

“Rudy did well when he went on and Filip looks comfortable, even though he’s another player trying to settle in,” said Mackay. “There is a calmness about how he plays.”