Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Right then.....who's next?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:59 am

I like the speed at which Malky works at and with Fagan on trial, he's clearly still thinking about certain positions and I agree with him that we are light in a few areas. In my opinion, the defence is fine for now. The central midfield has decent number with Cowie, Gunnarsson, Whitts and Kiss available to play there. Strikers are "ok" at the moment but still an area that we might need to look at in the future. The key area for me though is the wingers position.

We have Conway but I remember reading Dundee Utd fans saying that we'd signed a top class player "when fit" now early signs are that he maybe a player that will spend some time on the treatent table so I think than means we are very light in this position. Malky seems to like Taylor at left-mid and to be fair, he's looked pretty sharp in the matches and highlights I've seen of him.

As for players I would bring in, Wayne Routledge would always be my first target. I'm not sure what his situation is at the moment in regards to Leicester & Forest but if nothing is sorted yet, I believe we could steal one of the best players in this division for anywhere between £1.6-£2m. George Boyd (Peterborough) is another player I've always liked and he's been very good for P'boro in both League 1 and the Championship over the years, he has pace, flair and a real eye for goal and again, £1.5m would probably get him.

In short, we couuld end up picking some decent loans from the Premiership too come September but I think if we are to be really competitive early on, we need a few wide men.

Re: Right then.....who's next?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:45 am

i agree that we need wide players...

alot of goals come from the wide areas if you can get quick wingers with skill etc.. you can break away quick, you can also get in behind the defense etc... really even though cowie , whitts , taylor can play on the wing its not their natural position. conway is a winger, but we def need another one or two..

Re: Right then.....who's next?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:48 am

defence is not fine. in fact we need about 5 players! 1 for defence