Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone know how Craig Fagan played last night.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:50 am

Does anyone know how he played last night cause I haven't heard a thing, maybe that explains it all??

Re: Anyone know how Craig Fagan played last night.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:52 am

Chris Waltham at the Echo described his game as "poor"

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:54 am

Bluebird99 wrote:Chris Waltham at the Echo described his game as "poor"

Hes way behind in terms of fitness though isn't he? I hope he gets anher chance tbh, not only will he occupy a position where we're a little short, but he also did well for Hull in the Prem so he has obvious qualities to offer

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:56 am

what was the score n?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:03 am

Not another Koumas ??

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:13 am

He looked quite sharp and full of running and kept busy,made a good impression i thought.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:16 am

BigGwynram wrote:He looked quite sharp and full of running and kept busy,made a good impression i thought.

thats encouraging to know gwyn... my only concern is that he was well respected at Hull but they chose to release him as he didnt make a single appearance for them last season due to inj... surely if he still had something to offer them they would have given him another season...

would he be another koumas, lacking in match fitness and sharpness until the latter parts of the season... i dont know..

what do you think?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:16 am

BigGwynram wrote:He looked quite sharp and full of running and kept busy,made a good impression i thought.

I thought he did well too, same he had Parkin up front with him because be was awful!!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:18 am

Nakedbussurfer wrote:

I thought he did well too, same he had Parkin up front with him because be was awful!!

was parkin shit again gingell??

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:20 am

Thought he did ok, but needs a lot of fitness work, deserves a chance. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:21 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

thats encouraging to know gwyn... my only concern is that he was well respected at Hull but they chose to release him as he didnt make a single appearance for them last season due to inj... surely if he still had something to offer them they would have given him another season...

Fagan played 5 games for Hull last season, before getting injured in September and missing the rest of the season!

It's also no surprise that Hull released him though, as they have to slim their budget, as they're still paying £40,000 or more per week for Jimmy Bullard, who they had to send out on loan last season! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:25 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

Fagan played 5 games for Hull last season, before getting injured in September and missing the rest of the season!

It's also no surprise that Hull released him though, as they have to slim their budget, as they're still paying £40,000 or more per week for Jimmy Bullard, who they had to send out on loan last season! :ayatollah:

so do you feel that he could offer us something, or would he just be a squad player??

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:36 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:so do you feel that he could offer us something, or would he just be a squad player??

Sorry mate, but I was unable to get to last night's match, but I would have thought that as he'd be another free transfer, he'd be worth a punt on a short term contract (2 years at most), as long as the injuries he suffered last season, have healed! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:39 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:so do you feel that he could offer us something, or would he just be a squad player??

Sorry mate, but I was unable to get to last night's match, but I would have thought that as he'd be another free transfer, he'd be worth a punt on a short term contract (2 years at most), as long as the injuries he suffered last season, have healed! :ayatollah:

:thumbup:

fair quote.. think he would offer more than say having taiwo or wildig on the bench...

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:47 am

Fagan looked OK last night. Obviously lacking match sharpness / fitness but full of running, challenging for every ball but struggling to really get a foothold as nothing was sticking up front with Big John.
In defence of Parkin he put in a good effort again last night but unfortunately he's just not quick enough to get into the correct positions and I feel that as the squad get fitter and gel more, the best thing he can do is go out on loan elsewhere

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:23 am

The impression I got from the highlights (not a very good method of judgment I understand but it's all I can go on along with the radio commentary) is that he kept trying to do things that weren't quite coming off either due to a lack of sharpness/match practice or a lack of understanding with team mates.

For instance, he put a superb ball across the six yard box at head height where Parkin should have been dominating but no-one got on the end of it. He also had a terrible header that can be put down to a lack of match time.

I reckon we keep him on board provided his wages aren't bad. I can see him as another Keogh. Not a natural goalscorer but at this level will cause problems, work hard and win us a few points.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:39 am

How long did he have to train and mix with the squad?