Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Players that need to go.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:50 pm

I totally understand the reasoning behind MM not selling any players and purely focusing on getting players in to replace the ones that left.

But I now feel as were adding the finishing touches to the team we need to get rid of some of the dead wood and get some realstrength in depth.

Firstly I think we need to let Parkin go, he hasn't performed when given the chance in pre-season games and although I understand the argument to keep him because of his strength. I think our new signing Rudy Gestede could be the player to boss opposition defenses and at least he's fit enough to last a prolonged period of time on the pitch unlike Parkin. I think we need to let Jarvis out on loan and if its not to late get in Goodwillie to add some strength and depth to our attacking line. I can see it now Earnshaw or Miller picking up a knock then suddenly were down to the unproven Mason or Gestade to partner whoever up front and judging by current pre-season results its not working (although I know the team is still gelling). I think Goodwillie would add some real class to our attack next season and get us the goals we need to keep us pushing up the table.

The other players I believe need to go is Gypes I just think he had an appalling last season (in particular away to Millwall and home against Preston).I think we could freshen up the defense by replacing him as hes not the same player of past years and Taiwo who just doesn't looks average at best and not the quality of player we need at the club. Don't ask me who could replace them but I'm sure MM would find us a few little gems for us!

In my eyes there's still a bit of work to do but I cant wait for the new season! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Players that need to go.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:06 pm

I don't think Parkin will go, Gestede and Mason are completely untested at this level, Fagan is better wide and hasn't had a solid season for some time and Miller has on sparingly been dominant at this level too (not to Say Parkin is any better than any of those). So we're gunna need him as basically Plan B.

Gabor started the season really strongly last year and it wasnt until he made some errors and DJ decided to blame him

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/cardiffonl ... -28738606/

ala: Thommo, Matthews etc as DJ did through out his managerial campaign. Useful as a 4th choice CB given his experience and ability (although not pace). I wouldn't be surprised to see him go, maybe around Jan just to be sure he isn't needed from injuries etc.

Small Gabor fact: Started his career as a forward, 6"3. I'd have much rather had him brought on against Blackpool than Etuhu.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:27 pm

OUT
Gyepes (If we bring in a centre back)
Taiwo
Parkin

LOAN OUT
Alex Evans
Ibrahim Farah
Jonathan Meades
Aaron Wildig (If we bring in a centre mid, heard we're loaning one from the prem)
Nat Jarvis

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:43 pm

i would get rid of parkin,but i thought taiwo played well tonight,and fagan looked quite good maybe offer him a contract :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:42 am

I'd actually keep Farah. I think he looks better than Wildig ever did and is worth having as a squad member. I reckon he could come in and do a job if we were down to the bare bones.

Agree about Taiwo, Gyepes and Parkin. I'd also be willing to see us sell Naylor if someone offered some money. Even as little as £200k. He's looked better but his lack of pace will still get exposed at Championship level.

Alex Evans and Nathaniel Jarvis would do best to go out on loan definitely. Not really sure what Wildig's future is. I don't think he is good enough to be honest and again, if someone bid some money for him, even £100k, I'd sell him.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:56 am

Bluebird1993 wrote:OUT
Gyepes (If we bring in a centre back)
Taiwo
Parkin

LOAN OUT
Alex Evans
Ibrahim Farah
Jonathan Meades
Aaron Wildig (If we bring in a centre mid, heard we're loaning one from the prem)
Nat Jarvis

agree with all of this, maybe keep farah though for the bench.. would like to see him get a couple of games this yr, maybe starting with carling cup and going from there...

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:58 am

i agree with the last post i think it depends on whether he wants to stay in top half this year or go for promotion he might just want to get into top 10 then push on next year when they gel if thats the case the squad is fine but obviously we want to go up as fans but i just cant see us challanging to be honust

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:02 am

I'd send the kids out on loan. Keep Farah, sell Naylor and McPhail and that's it.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:20 am

Si-money wrote:I totally understand the reasoning behind MM not selling any players and purely focusing on getting players in to replace the ones that left.

But I now feel as were adding the finishing touches to the team we need to get rid of some of the dead wood and get some realstrength in depth.

Firstly I think we need to let Parkin go, he hasn't performed when given the chance in pre-season games and although I understand the argument to keep him because of his strength. I think our new signing Rudy Gestede could be the player to boss opposition defenses and at least he's fit enough to last a prolonged period of time on the pitch unlike Parkin. I think we need to let Jarvis out on loan and if its not to late get in Goodwillie to add some strength and depth to our attacking line. I can see it now Earnshaw or Miller picking up a knock then suddenly were down to the unproven Mason or Gestade to partner whoever up front and judging by current pre-season results its not working (although I know the team is still gelling). I think Goodwillie would add some real class to our attack next season and get us the goals we need to keep us pushing up the table.

The other players I believe need to go is Gypes I just think he had an appalling last season (in particular away to Millwall and home against Preston).I think we could freshen up the defense by replacing him as hes not the same player of past years and Taiwo who just doesn't looks average at best and not the quality of player we need at the club. Don't ask me who could replace them but I'm sure MM would find us a few little gems for us!

In my eyes there's still a bit of work to do but I cant wait for the new season! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Goodwillie in for Parkin
Chambers in for Gypes
Mutch in for Taiwo
Happy days. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:27 am

Goodwillie in for Parkin
Chambers in for Gypes
Mutch in for Taiwo

Happy days. :ayatollah:[/quote]

this would be great business.. cant see any of these 3 joining us though!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:29 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:Goodwillie in for Parkin
Chambers in for Gypes
Mutch in for Taiwo

this would be great business.. cant see any of these 3 joining us though![/quote]
Are you malky in disguise :D
I'd be well up for them changes :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:37 am

boxerbob wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:Goodwillie in for Parkin
Chambers in for Gypes
Mutch in for Taiwo

this would be great business.. cant see any of these 3 joining us though!

Are you malky in disguise :D
I'd be well up for them changes :ayatollah:[/quote]

me too , but think mutch as only 19 will be in brums plans, especially if they have to sell some big names ....

chambers enquiry was quashed by forest

goodwillie apparantly now there are 8 clubs after him and our interest seems to have cooled...

id like all 3, but realistically cannot see them happening..

but in football who knows!!!!