Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My 1000th Post - Then and know

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:29 am

Can't believe I have reached that mile stone, like many on here I came over to this board from CCMB initially because I was curious and because I was starting to get fed up of all the sniping and back biting going on with certain posters on Mikes board :( However i continued to post on both boards but as time went by I found myself posting more and getting a better reaction on this board than I ever got on CCMB :ayatollah:

I still look and post on both boards but whereas I visit this board everyday I probably visit CCMB once or twice a week at most but I still fail to see and don't think i will ever understand why there is so much animosity between the two boards after all we are all Cardiff City fans and want to see our Club promoted :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Anyway for my 1000th post I decided to briefly comment on some of the things which have happened to our Club recently and some of the onging issues the club faces.

1. The appointment of Malky Mackay - The new Manager has been like a breath of fresh air and the players he has brought into date I am generally pleased with. The main thing however that has impressed me is the way in which he seems to want to engage with us fans and consequently i think the atmosphere will improve at the CCS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

2. The 'sacking' of Dave Jones - I was always a supporter of Jones and make no apologies for that but like many others I felt his time had come and when it came to that final hurdle he always came up a little bit short. :(

I for one however will always be grateful for what he give us which included 3 visits to Wembley including the FA Cup Final which is something i never thought I would see in my lifetime :ayatollah: He also secured us our highest league position in the 40 years plus that i have been watching City :old: He had his faults as we all know, and is inability to engage with the fans and foster a bond between Manager, Players and Fans was a big failing but I think people need to read his book to understand more about his character and why he found it so difficult to engage with the press!

Anyway thanks Dave and good luck for the future to you and your family.

3. Craig Bellamy not going into the in's and out's of his situation at Man City but I want him back here i honestly think that alongside Malky he is the man to drive us to promotion. People will point out he couldn't do it last season but I honestly believe if he hadn't gone off injured at Reading he would have dragged us up through the Play Off's and it would be us in the Premiership know not the Jerks :twisted:

4. Goodwillie - Personally although he seems a bit of a gamble with all his off field issues i think it's a gamble worth taking if we got him in we would have a fantastic balance of youth and experience, Miller, Earnie, Goodwillie and Gestade who is a bit of a unknown but could be the presence we need up front? Then if we do get Bellamy he really would be the icing on the cake :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

5. Prospects this Season - We all know we blew a glorious chance last season and i think the Division this year is going to be much harder, Leicester, West Ham, Reading, Birmingam, Middlesboro, Forest, Ipswich, Leeds and Brighton are all going to be a big threat that's 9 teams without Blackpool and Southampton who will fancy their chances :o So even getting in the top 6 will be a hell of an achievement. Again however if we get Bellamy then I think we can get in the Play Off's again and maybe it will be third time lucky :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

6. Finally our fans and our expectations - Based solely on our passion and support we deserve to be in the Premiership but it doesn't work like that and we may have to accept a season of reconcilliation to allow players to bed in and to build a squad that can achieve promotion the following season. However some fans will rightly point out that after two 4th place finishes anything less could be regarded as faiure?

Personally although I crave promotion to the Premiership and think after following City for 40 years plus I deserve to see them play at least one season at the highest level :old: Then i think back to the 'bad old days' when we played the likes of Halifax, Rochdale, Scarboro, Aldershot, Mansfield etc (No disrespect to any of those sides) but compare that to who we will play next season.... West Ham, Leicester, Middlesboro, Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Ipswich all sides who have played at the highest levels and who are competing with us for promotion.

I can also remember players like Tarki Micallef, Gary Stevens, Ronnie Moore, David Tong, Mike Ford and John Lewis all players I have supported whether good ,bad or indiffrent because they have wore the Bluebird on their shirt but then compare them with the likes of Whiitingham, Kenny Miller, Kevin McNaughton, Earnie, Cowie, Taylor and hopefully Bellamy :ayatollah:

Then you will see how far we have come and that maybe the Championship isn't such a bad place to be and that maybe we should relax a bit really get behind the team and see where we are come next May :ayatollah:

So there you have it my 100th post a bit longer than I anticipate :D but feel frre to comment :old: :ayatollah:

Re: My 1000th Post - Then and know

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:49 pm

blueheaven wrote:Can't believe I have reached that mile stone, like many on here I came over to this board from CCMB initially because I was curious and because I was starting to get fed up of all the sniping and back biting going on with certain posters on Mikes board :( However i continued to post on both boards but as time went by I found myself posting more and getting a better reaction on this board than I ever got on CCMB :ayatollah:

I still look and post on both boards but whereas I visit this board everyday I probably visit CCMB once or twice a week at most but I still fail to see and don't think i will ever understand why there is so much animosity between the two boards after all we are all Cardiff City fans and want to see our Club promoted :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Anyway for my 1000th post I decided to briefly comment on some of the things which have happened to our Club recently and some of the onging issues the club faces.

1. The appointment of Malky Mackay - The new Manager has been like a breath of fresh air and the players he has brought into date I am generally pleased with. The main thing however that has impressed me is the way in which he seems to want to engage with us fans and consequently i think the atmosphere will improve at the CCS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

2. The 'sacking' of Dave Jones - I was always a supporter of Jones and make no apologies for that but like many others I felt his time had come and when it came to that final hurdle he always came up a little bit short. :(

I for one however will always be grateful for what he give us which included 3 visits to Wembley including the FA Cup Final which is something i never thought I would see in my lifetime :ayatollah: He also secured us our highest league position in the 40 years plus that i have been watching City :old: He had his faults as we all know, and is inability to engage with the fans and foster a bond between Manager, Players and Fans was a big failing but I think people need to read his book to understand more about his character and why he found it so difficult to engage with the press!

3. Craig Bellamy not going into the in's and out's of his situation at Man City but I want him back here i honestly think that alongside Malky he is the man to drive us to promotion. People will point out he couldn't do it last season but I honestly believe if he hadn't gone off injured at Reading he would have dragged us up through the Play Off's and it would be us in the Premiership know not the Jerks :twisted:

4. Goodwillie - Personally although he seems a bit of a gamble with all his off field issues i think it's a gamble worth taking if we got him in we would have a fantastic balance of youth and experience, Miller, Earnie, Goodwillie and Gestade who is a bit of a unknown but could be the presence we need up front? Then if we do get Bellamy he really would be the icing on the cake :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

5. Prospects this Season - We all know we blew a glorious chance last season and i think the Division this year is going to be much harder, Leicester, West Ham, Reading, Birmingam, Middlesboro, Forest, Ipswich, Leeds and Brighton are all going to be a big threat that's 9 teams without Blackpool and Southampton who will fancy their chances :o So even getting in the top 6 will be a hell of an achievement. Again however if we get Bellamy then I think we can get in the Play Off's again and maybe it will be third time lucky :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

6. Finally our fans and our expectations - Based solely on our passion and support we deserve to be in the Premiership but it doesn't work like that and we may have to accept a season of reconcilliation to allow players to bed in and to build a squad that can achieve promotion the following season. However some fans will rightly point out that after two 4th place finishes anything less could be regarded as faiure?

Personally although I crave promotion to the Premiership and think after following City for 40 years plus I deserve to see them play at least one season at the highest level :old: Then i think back to the 'bad old days' when we played the likes of Halifax, Rochdale, Scarboro, Aldershot, Mansfield etc (No disrespect to any of those sides) but compare that to who we will play next season.... West Ham, Leicester, Middlesboro, Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Ipswich all sides who have played at the highest levels and who are competing with us for promotion.

I can also remember players like Tarki Micallef, Gary Stevens, Ronnie Moore, David Tong, Mike Ford and John Lewis all players I have supported whether good ,bad or indiffrent because they have wore the Bluebird on their shirt but then compare them with the likes of Whiitingham, Kenny Miller, Kevin McNaughton, Earnie, Cowie, Taylor and hopefully Bellamy :ayatollah:

Then you will see how far we have come and that maybe the Championship isn't such a bad place to be and that maybe we should relax a bit really get behind the team and see where we are come next May :ayatollah:

So there you have it my 100th post a bit longer than I anticipate :D but feel frre to comment :old: :ayatollah:

In a couple of weeks you'll be in the 5k club :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:54 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
blueheaven wrote:Can't believe I have reached that mile stone, like many on here I came over to this board from CCMB initially because I was curious and because I was starting to get fed up of all the sniping and back biting going on with certain posters on Mikes board :( However i continued to post on both boards but as time went by I found myself posting more and getting a better reaction on this board than I ever got on CCMB :ayatollah:

Glad someone replied Mate :ayatollah: ; i am now counting down to my 5000th post might be a while yet :lol:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:56 pm

blueheaven wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Glad someone replied Mate :ayatollah: ; i am now counting down to my 5000th post might be a while yet :lol:

Christ good luck! I havent been on here much lately and I think I signed up at the beginning of the year :? I'm going to be very busy the next month or so anyway. Thought I'd give you a story :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:20 pm

In a couple of weeks you'll be in the 5k club :D :ayatollah:[/quote]

Glad someone replied Mate :ayatollah: ; i am now counting down to my 5000th post might be a while yet :lol:[/quote]

Christ good luck! I havent been on here much lately and I think I signed up at the beginning of the year :? I'm going to be very busy the next month or so anyway. Thought I'd give you a story :lol: :ayatollah:[/quote]

If you haven't been on here much recently you must be pretty bloody prolific at posting when you do come on here :lol:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:28 pm

I too, enjoy your posts, most of all the 'honesty' in what you believe.... crack on mate.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:43 pm

supercoops wrote:I too, enjoy your posts, most of all the 'honesty' in what you believe.... crack on mate.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks Mate glad you enjoy my posts, working towards 2000 now :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:03 pm

blueheaven wrote:In a couple of weeks you'll be in the 5k club :D :ayatollah:

Glad someone replied Mate :ayatollah: ; i am now counting down to my 5000th post might be a while yet :lol:[/quote]

Christ good luck! I havent been on here much lately and I think I signed up at the beginning of the year :? I'm going to be very busy the next month or so anyway. Thought I'd give you a story :lol: :ayatollah:[/quote]

If you haven't been on here much recently you must be pretty bloody prolific at posting when you do come on here :lol:[/quote]
When I hit 5000 i had a break from this cursed site. I would normally have had another 200 or so. But anyway i applied to join the army so will be busy :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:28 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

If you haven't been on here much recently you must be pretty bloody prolific at posting when you do come on here :lol:[/quote]
When I hit 5000 i had a break from this cursed site. I would normally have had another 200 or so. But anyway i applied to join the army so will be busy :ayatollah:[/quote]

As i have said before mate, if you need any advice ect, let me know.. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:34 pm

Blueheaven.....great post :ayatollah: I enjoyed the read. One day when Cardiff moves up to Premiere it's guys like you who I am going to be thinking about. You long term fans deserve it.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:48 pm

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:33 pm

greenlawler wrote:Blueheaven.....great post :ayatollah: I enjoyed the read. One day when Cardiff moves up to Premiere it's guys like you who I am going to be thinking about. You long term fans deserve it.

Thanks for the sentiments Mate; the thing that makes our Club so great is the passion and cross section of fans that we have fans like yourself who follow the Club all the way from Tennessee :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:43 pm

greenlawler wrote:Blueheaven.....great post :ayatollah: I enjoyed the read. One day when Cardiff moves up to Premiere it's guys like you who I am going to be thinking about. You long term fans deserve it.

Thanks for the sentiments Mate; the thing that makes our Club so great is the passion and cross section of fans that we have fans like yourself who follow the Club all the way from Tennessee :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:35 pm

really enjoyed your summing up and have a similer view to you it seems, look forward to your next 1000 and lets all look forward to the future with malky. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:38 am

blueheaven wrote:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:34 am

CONGRATULATIONS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:29 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

When I hit 5000 i had a break from this cursed site. I would normally have had another 200 or so. But anyway i applied to join the army so will be busy :ayatollah:[/quote]

All the best with your army career Mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: