Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

1 in 10 Sickness benefits claimaints are fit for work

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:32 am

Latest figures after new government medical tests prove that a very small number of people are actually incapable of work.

These tests will move loads of scroungers off into work related benefits which are much less beneficial.

Good news in my book

too many scroungers

Re: 1 in 10 Sickness benefits claimaints are fit for work

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:36 am

amazing :lol:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:05 am

Great news.

Finally!....the lazy bast**ds will now have to go and get a job, and work like the rest of us :evil: !!! whilst the geninue sickies can finally relax and not have to worry about folks constantly judging them.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:07 am

Grondog wrote:Great news.

Finally!....the lazy bast**ds will now have to go and get a job, and work like the rest of us :evil: !!! whilst the geninue sickies can finally relax and not have to worry about folks constantly judging them.

Now they can claim job-seekers allowance instead, as there are not enough jobs as it is. :roll: :roll:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:19 pm

In my opinion there's far more than just 1 in 10 sickness benefit claimants who are fit for work. Lazy, bone idle feckers everywhere - they make me sick! Too often have I seen people walking around feigning their "disabilities" by dragging crutches around with them, not using the crutches to walk but dragging them along and walking normally but having the crutches with them incase they are seen!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:18 pm

The minority of benefit scammers give the genuine people a bad name. The sooner they're dealt with the better.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:52 pm

Unfortunately a lot of genuine claimants lose their benefits as well because the medical is basically a tick box and it all depends on what the examiner decides to write. I have been to medicals with genuine claimants and they were turned down, when they got the report back it was hard to believe that I was at the same medical. The decision making on this needs to get better as it is costing a fortune in appeals against decisions. Unfortunately a lot of deserving people accept the decision as right as "the examiner must know best" and put a brave face on their problems. They don't check with the GP's of the claimants etc. It's easy to judge and label people but even though they look fit for work you don't know what's going on in their heads. I am not a treehugger or anything, I know there are loads out there playing the system but I have been involved with the system and seen how it works.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:53 pm

logger wrote:amazing :lol:

haha you avatar is class :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:55 pm

Death Before Employment :old:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:21 pm

There is not many that can't work IMO. A vast majority that are expert claimants and scroungers and i say expert because they know the system backwards, they know all the rules, the first thing they always make sure of is, they always take there sticks with them just in case they are being watched. It really is quite sad and deep down they can't be happy.
My Wife had to give up her Morning Job as she just could not do it any more due to her illness, and it broke her heart, but she still struggles into her Job at Dinner times and she will keep going until she is unable.
For that reason those scroungers make me sick. They feel they are owed a living to be paid for by those that work, They should be given a home to live in when they click there grubby fingers, or want a bigger house because they keep breeding when they should be sterilized. Most of us if we don't have the room or can't afford another kid we dont have any more end of
End of rant :lol:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:52 pm

Iknow a guy who works as a roofer,and claims incapacity benefit the tw*t does nothing but brag what hes got :evil:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:59 pm

After recently being made redundant, this is the first time I havecollected unemployment benefit since I left school(I am now 50). I now there are people who screw the system, but what about coporations and people who avoid paying as little tax as possible

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:15 pm

It's another case of the tory toffs who've never done a days graft having a go at the most vunerable.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:10 pm

bluebirds over.... wrote:It's another case of the tory toffs who've never done a days graft having a go at the most vunerable.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:20 pm

earniebluemark2 wrote:Iknow a guy who works as a roofer,and claims incapacity benefit the tw*t does nothing but brag what hes got :evil:

Why don't you report him then? The DSS have a freephone number you can ring anonymously. If he's ripping off the state, he should be investigated :evil:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:37 pm

I'm disabled and i've still got a job fed up of these lazy b*stards moaning because they got little back "pain" f*ck jeremy kyle in the morning it's always on later on ITV 2! :D

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Sorry mate never grassed anyone up in my life,makes me mad as f**k tho

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:39 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:I'm disabled and i've still got a job fed up of these lazy b*stards moaning because they got little back "pain" f*ck jeremy kyle in the morning it's always on later on ITV 2! :D

Chief the vast majority have no pain in the world. They are just lazy bastards that just want to lye on there sofa all day and do f**k all. Parasites that is all they are.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:42 pm

Spot on for the people who can't work due to a real sickness this effects them with less pay due to all these people who scam it winds me up!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:11 pm

Mafor wrote:Latest figures after new government medical tests prove that a very small number of people are actually incapable of work.

These tests will move loads of scroungers off into work related benefits which are much less beneficial.

Good news in my book

too many scroungers

It was actually the other way round 1 in 10 claimant aren't fit to work, ie 9 out of 10 are ;)

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:00 am

People will tell lies to get free money, finds disability benefit survey
According to a new survey on sickness benefits by the Department for Work and Pensions, 93% of people will tell lies about their physical condition in order to get some free money.

Of the 1.3 million people who claimed to be ‘too sick to work’ from October 2008 to November 2010, only 88,700 were considered beyond even the most humiliating of menial paid positions.

“These figures show that many people are able to work with the right, erm, ‘motivation’.” said Work and Pensions Minister Steve Webb.

“Those who cannot work will always receive our unconditional support, it’s just that it’s the position of this government that such people don’t exist.”

“If you tell us you’re sick and can’t work, fine – it’s just that we won’t believe you. And if you somehow manage to convince one of our assessors that it’s true, we’ll still find some way to disqualify you. You have my word on that.”

“We’re working hard on that 88,700 figure, trust me.”

Disability benefit survey
TUC general secretary Brendan Barber said the survey was extremely flawed, and the suggestion that any of the 1.3 million applicants for sickness and disability benefit was simply ‘trying it on’ was insulting.

He told reporters, “What sort of people does the minister think my members are? Why would anyone lie about their physical condition purely to get some free money from the government? It’s preposterous!”

“I know full well that if any of my members were offered the choice between minimum wage manual labour, or sitting on the sofa at the government’s expense, they’d all take the menial job at the drop of a hat.”

“Oh yes they would.”