Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CRAIG BELLAMY LATEST "

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:36 pm

Craig Bellamy has asked officials at Man City for a meeting with Roberto Mancini.

Bellamy and Mancini have not spoken to each other in 16 months and Craig feels he needs to have this meeting with Mancini to sort out his future.

Man City arrive back from overseas this week before going on a tour of Ireland, a meeting has been set and will take place this week.

Craig knows for the good of his career this situation has to be sorted and he wants it done before the season starts.

There are concerns though that Mancini is a very stubborn person and Craig hopes that despite this and their troubled relationship they can come to an agreement over his future.

Don't hold your breath that this means he is returning to the Bluebirds but it is a move that will give Craig a clear understanding on his future.

Let's hope this proves to be a successful meeting in terms of Craigs chances of returning.

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/ :ayatollah:

Re: CRAIG BELLAMY LATEST

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:38 pm

Fingers crossed everything works out and we get to see him in a Cardiff shirt again!! Blooooobirds!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: CRAIG BELLAMY LATEST

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:38 pm

cheers carl :ayatollah:

Re: " CRAIG BELLAMY LATEST "

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:42 pm

Thanks Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:42 pm

Thanks Carl.

:ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:45 pm

Mancini will say to Craig

Play in the reserves see if i care---your not in my plans

end of the day the money men wil decide if they are going to loan him out or sell him cheap

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:48 pm

carlccfc wrote:Craig Bellamy has asked officials at Man City for a meeting with Roberto Mancini.

Bellamy and Mancini have not spoken to each other in 16 months and Craig feels he needs to have this meeting with Mancini to sort out his future.

Man City arrive back from America this week before going on a tour of Ireland, a meeting has been set and will take place this week.

Craig knows for the good of his career this situation has to be sorted and he wants it done before the season starts.

There are concerns though that Mancini is a very stubborn person and Craig hopes that despite this and their troubled relationship they can come to an agreement over his future.

Don't hold your breath that this means he is returning to the Bluebirds but it is a move that will give Craig a clear understanding on his future.

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

Let's hope this proves to be a successful meeting in terms of Craigs chances of returning.

He has also stated that he does not and will not go out on loan to any club, he wants a permanent move away but if Man City will not allow that to happen then he will be happy just to sit and wait for his contract to run out. :ayatollah:

Wont be too long now and he WILL be back. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:49 pm

Thanks for the info Carl

Its a difficult one for Craig in terms of how does he approach it imo. Does he try and call Mancini's bluff (knowing how stubborn he is) and kick up a fuss to the point Mancini feels he needs to get rid of him from the squad in fear of him impacting morale...in which case Craig may get what he wants.

Or does he approach the meet appealing to Mancini's good nature and see if he can be humane enough to let him come back to us under terms which we can comply with.

Craig needs to think carefully of whatever strategy he chooses to adopt because this meeting could well shape the remainder of his career :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:50 pm

So hopefully we can get some clarification on where we stand with Craig this week. :ayatollah:

Fingers crossed.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:57 pm

Not sure this is particularly "good" news. Surely he would be better off having a meeting with the CEO, after all this is really a money matter rather than a footballing one.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:58 pm

thanks carl for all the info u give to us all . cheers mate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:01 pm

Thanks Carl. Appreciated :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:02 pm

Am I the only one who thinks its too much of a risk to bring Bellamy back?

Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:04 pm

Bellers has done everything that has been asked of him,snice Man City went to the USA.
He has trained and played for the ACADEMY team in 2 of their 3 games,the next on the 29th July v Nijmegan.

Bellers was not in the team last night that lost to Espanol,and Man City will NOT have a res team next season,but will keep the Academy side still going.

I have said all week the sale of some of these players so far,might also pave the way for a reduced fee or a contract to be agreed.

Cheers for the update Carl - lets hope this is the week when we might know more :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Where does Craig stand legally?

Can MC force him to play in Reserves?

Can they force him to go on loan?

If he doesn't comply can he be in breach of contract and sacked and lose his pay?

I'm guessing at present MC are paying him £90k a week - how long id this for - next 12 mnths? i.e. over £4.5m

Maybe we could offer £2m and MC could put this to Craig with their £2.5m and he could come here and play for beer money :D

Or would Craig be prepare to pay out some of his contract ? That would be a big ask?

£2m is a lot for any player, especially one that could get injured - I'm guessing his insurance is expensive.

However, I'm sure the shirt sales would improve - and the gate - and help pay for any fees or wages.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:11 pm

i no it nuts but i just think it mad man city don't want him. he still brilliant player sure he could still cut it in the prem. anyway lets hope his future gets sorted

Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:11 pm

Any news on other targets?

Still think we BADLY lack width even if Conway comes good

Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:38 pm

One thing that really impresses me about CB is the fact that he is the true professional.

His contract is as it is and he has honoured it and intends to honour it unless an "out" becomes available. He plays for the Academy side and doesnt grumble and accepts that he maybe there for another 12 months and, unlike other Man City Strikers, he has not used the media to swipe at Man City.

I hope to see him back this season but if I dont I am sure we will see him next season - with his knee potentially rested for a year as well!

Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:45 pm

nice 1 Carl lets hope it works out

Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:42 pm

carlccfc wrote:Craig Bellamy has asked officials at Man City for a meeting with Roberto Mancini.

Man City arrive back from overseas this week before going on a tour of Ireland, a meeting has been set and will take place this week.

I saw somwhere earlier in the summer that in fact Mancini wants the club to get rid of the players like Bellamy Adebyor and Wright Phillips but it is Brian Marwood and Garry Cook the football administrator and chief executive of Man City who wanted the ridiculous transfer fees for them that no one will pay.

The impression the article gave was that Mancini would rather just cancel their contracts as he does not want their influence round the club.

I'll try and find it but it was a while ago.

Regardless of the article I have seen in various places that it is Marwood and Cook who are the powers as far as transfers and contracts are concerned.

It may be that seeing Mancini will not have much effect

Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:48 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:

I saw somwhere earlier in the summer that in fact Mancini wants the club to get rid of the players like Bellamy Adebyor and Wright Phillips but it is Brian Marwood and Garry Cook the football administrator and chief executive of Man City who wanted the ridiculous transfer fees for them that no one will pay.

The impression the article gave was that Mancini would rather just cancel their contracts as he does not want their influence round the club.

Regardless of the article I have seen in various places that it is Marwood and Cook who are the powers as far as transfers and contracts are concerned.

When Craig signed for City last season he cited Gary Cook as instrumental in the move and thanked him publically so hopefully his relationship with Cook and your post regarding Mancinis comments could prove pivotal Elwood.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:59 pm

I really hope Bellers comes back! Hopefully he can sort something out with Mancini to bring him back to City.

I can see this dragging on though to the last week of august. But I believe we'll get him back eventually! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:14 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:

When Craig signed for City last season he cited Gary Cook as instrumental in the move and thanked him publically so hopefully his relationship with Cook and your post regarding Mancinis comments could prove pivotal Elwood.

It seems to be following a similar pattern last season in that there were runours regarding a loan move early on but it then semed to die a death for a bit and looked more and more unlikely.

Suddenly in ther middle of August there was that few days of frantic activity and rumour which ended with the loan agreement.

I may be entirely wrong but it could be that Man City will play hardball until around the same period and then seeing that they will be stuck with paying Bellamy's salary for a season for nothing ( or two actually isn't his contract until June 2013, but if they cant get £4 million for him now they sure as hell won't next year!) may feel that it is time to cut their losses and cancel his contract although of course such a cancellaton will have to include a substantial pay off.

If it is true we are offering CB £30,000 a week at least they would save £1.5 million a year if they agreed a payoff for the rest

Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:20 am

Randy Udderway wrote:Am I the only one who thinks its too much of a risk to bring Bellamy back?

I honestly think we dont need him.... We have recuited really good in the midfield/strike force i think get him back next year when we are in the premier league

Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:03 am

im getting sick of the speculation to be honest! the whole club and fans are just waiting for him to arrive and we will be left disappointed if he doesn't! maybe its best that we just look at what we have and be happy with that! And when Belamy has 4.5 mill coming to him at City, im not so sure how much he is willing to sacrifice of that!

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:01 am

JonScam wrote:Thanks for the info Carl

Its a difficult one for Craig in terms of how does he approach it imo. Does he try and call Mancini's bluff (knowing how stubborn he is) and kick up a fuss to the point Mancini feels he needs to get rid of him from the squad in fear of him impacting morale...in which case Craig may get what he wants.

Or does he approach the meet appealing to Mancini's good nature and see if he can be humane enough to let him come back to us under terms which we can comply with.

Craig needs to think carefully of whatever strategy he chooses to adopt because this meeting could well shape the remainder of his career :ayatollah:

If Mancini digs his heels in to the extent that he stops Bellamy playing any meaningful football this season, at this stage in Bellamys career, then Mancini should hang his head in shame.

I wonder how he would've felt as a player if the same thing had happened to him.

Bellamy has not got long left in my opinion, maybe 2 years and if Mancini deliberately prevents him from making the most of the time he has left, then I hope he gets the sack pronto and never gets to work in football again.

The PFA should be getting involved if an amicable solution can not be worked out.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:39 am

I'm sorry to say but Bellers won't be playing at cardiff city this season
End off story

Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:43 pm

THANKS CARL :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Great news carl. Keep us updated :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:03 pm

Mafor wrote:Mancini will say to Craig

Play in the reserves see if i care---your not in my plans

end of the day the money men wil decide if they are going to loan him out or sell him cheap

man city may think they are better off to loan him out to cardiff city than have him playing in the premiership against them ????