Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gestede to be Player of the Year

Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:14 pm

I really do feel like he will be the best of the lot and will win player of the year.

he excites me the most and i just wanted to put it out there now :)

Re: Gestede to be Player of the Year

Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:20 pm

What do you know about him ? Club didnt want to keep him and let him go on a free ?

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:03 pm

not knocking what you say but out of interest have you ever seen him play? if so have you seen him play in a proper match and not a friendly?

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:36 pm

has anyone? end of the day i would be surprised if anyone on this site actually knows anything about him. but im sure he cant be any worse than parkin :ayatollah: i look at parkin and wounder can i still make it as a pro as im only 20 :lol:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:52 pm

never heard of him before....

ive just got a strong hunch, all im saying is what i think and we can look back come april and see :)

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:54 pm

jezzy666 wrote:never heard of him before....

ive just got a strong hunch, all im saying is what i think and we can look back come april and see :)

i hope you right :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:00 pm

Makes me laugh people were like whos this guy before the charlton game he scores a hoal and hes going to be a star

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Cardiffcityfc wrote:Makes me laugh people were like whos this guy before the charlton game he scores a hoal and hes going to be a star

well im glad your having a chuckle....

im going on everything ive read up on him and match reports.

he is an ex france youth player. hes very tall strong and quick, yes he scored for us and also had a goal disallowed so clearly has an eye for goal.

and with the only other tall option of parkin i think he could easily be a starter and what we need up front.

i have thought about it alot.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:16 pm

Kenny Miller will be our best signing this season in my eyes! I can see him having a massive season for us :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:23 pm

Merlin wrote:Kenny Miller will be our best signing this season in my eyes! I can see him having a massive season for us :ayatollah:

how many goals do you think he will get merlin?

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:28 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Merlin wrote:Kenny Miller will be our best signing this season in my eyes! I can see him having a massive season for us :ayatollah:

Well if he settles in quickly enough I think he COULD be a 20-25 goal striker if he gets the right supply.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:53 pm

I agree, Kenny Miller is lethal at this level. 1 million is a snip for a player of his calibre!

Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:06 pm

Merlin wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

Well if he settles in quickly enough I think he COULD be a 20-25 goal striker if he gets the right supply.

Milly, thats a "NO" BET,....if and could are the words of a looser,(not calling you that) IF my granny had balls, she could have been my Grandad.. ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:18 pm

i read gestede would be brought in for a fee where did you see he was a free signing i understand he was still under contract with metz :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:33 pm

He was released by metz hence why we had him on trial.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:34 pm

spot on!! :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:47 pm

Scorer of the first goal, great goal aswell! :D

http://ma-tvideo.france2.fr/video/iLyROoaf8Xx9.html

Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:49 pm

supercoops wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Milly, thats a "NO" BET,....if and could are the words of a looser,(not calling you that) IF my granny had balls, she could have been my Grandad.. ;) :ayatollah:

FAIL! Where's Milly? :lol:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:07 pm

jezzy666 wrote:I really do feel like he will be the best of the lot and will win player of the year.

just thought id point out i was the first to say this, and i will still back it

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:09 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:I really do feel like he will be the best of the lot and will win player of the year.

just thought id point out i was the first to say this, and i will still back it

Great shout :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:11 pm

Reminds me of a young Louis saha :ayatollah:

Impressive....

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:15 pm

Good call !

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Glad you pulled this topic back good call, although we played well before he came on, a far more potent attacking threat with him and an assist great stuff.