Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

starting lineup

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:16 pm

With the current players that are signed. What team and formation would you have on the opening day at west ham

I would probably have a 4-2-2

Marshal
Mcnaughton gerrad Hudson Taylor
Cowie gunnerson whittingham conway
Earnshaw miller

BENCH
Wildig
Heaton
Mason
Kienan
Mcphail

Re: starting lineup

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:25 pm

i like how every new signing causes a starting line up thread.

to me we do need a CB. i know we have 4 but i dont rate many of them to be consistant enough, chambers would be a good shout.

Kiss im really excited to see i think he will be great, he seems to be missing from your bench. we need a winger and im not sure how comfortable cowie is out wide either. but i think we now need strength in depth.

gestede
goodwille
bellemy
chambers

then id be happy

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:33 pm

aussie_bluebird wrote:With the current players that are signed. What team and formation would you have on the opening day at west ham

Marshal
Earnshaw miller

BENCH
Wildig
Heaton
Mason
Kienan
Mcphail

Id swap Whittingham with Cowie, and replace Wildig with Kiss. I like Wildig but I feel he needs to go out on loan.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:46 pm

Think that first XI is right, especially seeing how well Whitts played behind the forwards, and last season Malky liked playing Cowie out wide.

Considering the fact that we're down to 5 subs now, I imagine we'll see our more versatile players on the bench, namely Blake (who can cover midfield if needed) and Kiss (who can play central and defensive roles in midfield). Taylor can cover the wing as well (although not spectacularly) so I should think Naylor would be on the bench to come in at LB if that was the case.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:58 pm

------------------------------------------Marshall------------------------------------------------

----Mcnaughton------------Hudson-----------------Gerrard---------------------Taylor-------

-----------------------------------------Gunnarsson---------------------------------------------

------Conway-----------------------------Cowie-----------------------------------Whitts------

---------------------------------Earnshaw----------Miller-----------------------------------

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:58 pm

eighty_8 wrote:------------------------------------------Marshall------------------------------------------------

----Mcnaughton------------Hudson-----------------Gerrard---------------------Taylor-------

-----------------------------------------Gunnarsson---------------------------------------------

------Conway-----------------------------Cowie-----------------------------------Whitts------

---------------------------------Earnshaw----------Miller-----------------------------------

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:55 pm

aussie_bluebird wrote:With the current players that are signed. What team and formation would you have on the opening day at west ham

Marshal
Earnshaw miller

BENCH
Wildig
Heaton
Mason
Kienan
Mcphail

At this moment in time id have the same apart from its a close call between Gerrard and Keinan. Gerrard looked slow the other night, and he was prone to hoofing the ball aimlessly but Kienan came on and he was even worse! As for the bench Id probably have blake on there ahead of Wildig as he is more versatile and i'd probably do without the sub keeper and put Quinn on there. Its certainly going to give managers a headache this 5 player rule and there will be a lot of unhappy players! To be honest i really dont know why they changed it for the championship!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:30 pm

Atm;

..............................Marshall..............................
McNaughton..........Hudson..........Gerrard..........Taylor
............................Gunnarsson...........................
.........Cowie..........Whittingham..........Conway.........
.....................Miller..........Earnshaw.....................

BENCH
Heaton
Blake
Kiss
McPhail
Mason

I Hope;

..............................Marshall..............................
McNaughton........Hudson..........Chambers..........Taylor
............................Gunnarsson...........................
...............Cowie.................Whittingham...............
.....Earnshaw.......................................Bellamy.....
...............................Miller................................

BENCH
Heaton
Gerrard
Kiss
Conway
Goodwillie