Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PRESS CONFERENCE UPDATES

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:34 am

Will post here quotes from Malky :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: PRESS CONFERENCE UPDATES

We are really just waiting on some documents coming through from Bursaspor. I would love to have it completed by the end of the day.

Medical is done and passed. We would have to talk to Kenny about whether he's fit to play tomorrow. If he feels he wants to play, then absolutely. But if he's not fit we can wait.

He's the captain of Scotland, he's a leader. He's always and goal threat and has got better with age. He's a leader of the line and will be a great addition for the football club.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:35 am

We still need more strength in depth. 12 players left and seven have come in and we still need more.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:35 am

For 46 games we really need a bit more and we will continue to look to the window and beyond.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:36 am

I've been looking at Kiss for a year or so. He played in the Champions League on Wed. We've got him for a year and he's a great addition.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:36 am

Conway and Earnshaw will miss out tomorrow but we aim to get them back for Parma.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:37 am

I've been to Slovakia to watch Kiss but we had a way in by dealing with Slovan and it has worked out really well. We will look to make it permanent if he enjoys it and things progress.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:37 am

Kiss is a central midfielder who goes box to box and has Champions League experience and he's a captain.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:38 am

Rudy Gestade is coming back to talk to us today but won't play tomorrow.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:39 am

We're taking all the players we have to Bournemouth. The younger guys will come too and we will mix and match during the Yeovil game.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:39 am

We're trying to get everyone minutes on the pitch. We want to balance getting them fit and avoiding injuries. Darcy Blake has a knock as well, so we have 3 senior players out, including Quinn and McPhail.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:40 am

Quinn and McPhail have viruses. Paul is ready to start doing intense work now but he's playing catch up. Steve will be a bit longer than that. When I feel Paul is fit he will play.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:41 am

We have asked about Luke Chambers but got no further. I see Kenny and Robert as the two strikers right now but I'm loathed to talk about other players in that position at the moment.

I think Kenny and Rob are both fantastic experienced players at this level and as a centre back I wouldn't want to play against them.

That's it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:43 am

Cheers for the updates!! Encouraging stuff!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:47 am

Brilliant! Cheers :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:56 am

Great thread! Top stuff! Malky is such a breath of fresh air compared to Jones, its great not to hear the same old downbeaten cliches and moans!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:57 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Thank you. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:58 am

Cheers fella...interested thoughts by Malky. I'm encouraged he thinks Earnie and Kenny can play together because I think they would be awesome! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:12 am

Great effort Worcester mate. Thanks for that. Surprised he came out and said that Earnie and Miller will be first choice. I know it's obvious but that must be a blow for Parkin to hear the manager come out and say it.

I like the look of this Kiss lad. It'll be interesting to see how he fits in. I can see him being the next Robert Koren (yes, I know Koren is Slovenian but you get what I mean! :lol: )

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:31 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:We have asked about Luke Chambers but got no further.

Cheers :ayatollah: Hope Malky goes in for Chambers again top centre back at this level! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:33 am

any news on goodwillie?

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:33 am

Is it offical then that miller is a bluebird im a little confused???? :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:34 am

Beasty1988 wrote:Is it offical then that miller is a bluebird im a little confused???? :ayatollah:

medical passed, contract signed....just waiting on paperwork from turkey

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:43 am

Great updates

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:14 am

bluebirdlewis wrote:any news on goodwillie?

No mention on Goodwillie at all by Malky :ayatollah: :ayatollah: