Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Today's Mirror online reporting.....

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:03 am

That we are STEPPING UP our bid of signing Goodwillie????

Printed 23:59 last night?

Hmmmmm ;)

Re: Today's Mirror online reporting.....

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:34 am

Just been reported on SSN too. Are we throwing caution to the wind?

He scored and won a penalty last night. If were ever going to gamble, it has to be on this lad. As the saying goes.. You need to speculate to acummalate.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:35 am

Merlin, i really hope we gamble on this one. Surely 'further investigation' means there wasnt enough evidence against him so fingers crossed he can be ours very soon. Him miller and earnshaw all fighting for a place will be just as exciting as having bellers, chops and jay (when they were all on fire)
:ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:42 am

BIG_BAD_WOLF wrote:Just been reported on SSN too. Are we throwing caution to the wind?

He scored and won a penalty last night. If were ever going to gamble, it has to be on this lad. As the saying goes.. You need to speculate to acummalate.

:ayatollah: exactly!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:42 am

UI think if we sign Goodwillie, he should be the last striker we buy. We don't want any more than 4 at the club and we will then have 5. If we get him, I'd say Parkin will be released. 4 is a good amount as it creates competition for places and strength in depth in that position. Any more and there could be unhappiness and division within the squad

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:45 am

Its common knowledge we're desperate to sign him, lets just hurry up and get a deal done, before somebody else does.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:57 am

Soare we willing to take the gamble and get him in a Cardiff shirbefore this court issue is settled?

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:30 am

The laws of probability say that if this rape allegedly happened then he would already be doing time for it now if enough evidence was gathered to convict him of it! And there's not much probability in the assault charge which also seems to have a lack of evidence too and thinking about it, what kind of punishment would an assault charge like this bring if the worst came to the worse? Community service? Etc etc - I think it's time the club signed him up if he's still a target! That is of course my opinion.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:53 am

I am a strong believer in "Innocent until proven guilty" and as such I think the club should consider buying him on his playing ability only.

Most contracts carry a "get out clause" stating that if you are convicted then your contract can be cancelled and, for me, should be sufficient.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:55 am

Seen the highlights from last night's game. He looks sharp and has an eye for goal! Got straight back up to try put the ball in the net after being brought down by the keeper for a stonewall pen. He's a fighter and has heart, something that we need! I think we need to take a gamble on this kid and do it sharpish before someone else snaps him up!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:11 am

SIGN HIM UP MALKY!!! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:23 am

I think if Goodwillie is everything most people say he is I think he could bean abso0lute gem.
If it was myself I'd take the gamble as I think he could tip the balance, Just my opinion. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:50 am

Nottage Blue wrote:UI think if we sign Goodwillie, he should be the last striker we buy. We don't want any more than 4 at the club and we will then have 5. If we get him, I'd say Parkin will be released. 4 is a good amount as it creates competition for places and strength in depth in that position. Any more and there could be unhappiness and division within the squad

If we sign Goodwillie along with Miller we will have 6 stikers at the club not 5.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:53 am

Paul Keevil wrote:I am a strong believer in "Innocent until proven guilty" and as such I think the club should consider buying him on his playing ability only.

Most contracts carry a "get out clause" stating that if you are convicted then your contract can be cancelled and, for me, should be sufficient.

What about the transfer fee we would of paid? If he is found gulty and spends time at HM pleasure, it would be £2m down the drain.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:01 pm

Stavross wrote:
Paul Keevil wrote:I am a strong believer in "Innocent until proven guilty" and as such I think the club should consider buying him on his playing ability only.

What about the transfer fee we would of paid? If he is found gulty and spends time at HM pleasure, it would be £2m down the drain.

Obviously we won't be paying them £2m up front

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:03 pm

Anyone got a link to this story ?

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:06 pm

canton blue wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:UI think if we sign Goodwillie, he should be the last striker we buy. We don't want any more than 4 at the club and we will then have 5. If we get him, I'd say Parkin will be released. 4 is a good amount as it creates competition for places and strength in depth in that position. Any more and there could be unhappiness and division within the squad

If we sign Goodwillie along with Miller we will have 6 stikers at the club not 5.

Sorry about my calculations, but still too many

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:11 pm

Merlin wrote:
Stavross wrote:

Obviously we won't be paying them £2m up front

They want most of the cash up front, if not all. This was one of sticking points with Rangers along with the size of the fee.