Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Goodwillie for Dundee last night

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:47 am

First of all, fair play what a game...just watched the highlights and it was a bit of a thriller - plenty of goals and drama with a lot at stake.

Goodwillie looked awesome (just the highlights I know) but his finish for his goal was classy - showed strength, composure and plenty of skill to finish. He also showed his battling qualities when he won them the penalty but got straight back up to try and score knowing it was a 1000% penalty.

Last night was a big game in the town, Tannadice was packed, big atmosphere, and Goodwillie showed imo he has the big game temprament accompanied with the mental strength to disassociate his off the field 'problems' against his approach to the game.

For me its a massive shame his court case wasn't dropped yesterday because he looks like he could be a massive player for us...and I wouldnt doubt him joining a list of City legends if he did join - I think he could be that good.

As Carl has said, Malky is biding his time and will continue to be patient...he knows what a talent this boy is. I think he'll be worth the wait & effort :ayatollah: