Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: KENNY MILLER MEDICAL LATEST

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:12 am

emjay wrote:
polo wrote:
emjay wrote:I'm more concerned with the reported fee than wages. Rangers sold him for £400,000 in January, the player didn't settle, played for four months yet we've seen fit to be prepared to pay double the amount Rangers sold him for. Pointless Malky picking up free transfer bargains if he goes nuts in spending over the top whenever a fee is involved.

Damned if you do. Damned if you dont. I hardly call splashing 800k on a proven striker "going nuts". :roll:

So what would you call doubling his fee after 4 months of doing nowt.

Rangers risked losing him for nothing in the summer, and they are in a financial mess, hence he went for a much cheaper price than his market value.

Hes scored 1 in 3 for the Turks, he just couldnt settle in his new surroundings.

The turks have splased out 400K plus his wages so are not going to take a loss and you cannot blame them.

800k for a striker of Millers quality is a fantastic piece of business IMO. Especially when the likes of Brighton have forked out over 3 million for Craig Mckail Smith who has never done it at the level Miller has.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:31 am

Has he signed yet, or what :?:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:58 am

Should we be concerned by the wait?

Tell me Miller has signed and it is only int'l clearance we are waiting on?

can we still be gazzumped.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:05 pm

Wayne S wrote:Should we be concerned by the wait?

Tell me Miller has signed and it is only int'l clearance we are waiting on?

can we still be gazzumped.

I think we're safe. I think the way it works is that he's signed a contract, and it just has to be authorised basically.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Yeah we can still be "gazzumped"!. We haven't recieved international clearence yeat meaning that we haven't submitted the relevant paperwork to the Football league meaning that nothing is official and therefor Kenny "could" still join someone else although VERY highly unlikely he'd want to do that now.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:05 pm

Rangers risked losing him for nothing in the summer, and they are in a financial mess, hence he went for a much cheaper price than his market value.

Hes scored 1 in 3 for the Turks, he just couldnt settle in his new surroundings.

The turks have splased out 400K plus his wages so are not going to take a loss and you cannot blame them.

800k for a striker of Millers quality is a fantastic piece of business IMO. Especially when the likes of Brighton have forked out over 3 million for Craig Mckail Smith who has never done it at the level Miller has.[/quote]

All about opinion fella but for me CMS will go on to prove far greater value for money than Miller both now and most certainly in the furure when it comes to re sale value.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:40 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:41 pm

emjay wrote:Rangers risked losing him for nothing in the summer, and they are in a financial mess, hence he went for a much cheaper price than his market value.

800k for a striker of Millers quality is a fantastic piece of business IMO. Especially when the likes of Brighton have forked out over 3 million for Craig Mckail Smith who has never done it at the level Miller has.

All about opinion fella but for me CMS will go on to prove far greater value for money than Miller both now and most certainly in the furure when it comes to re sale value.[/quote]

Spot on! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:42 pm

emjay wrote:Rangers risked losing him for nothing in the summer, and they are in a financial mess, hence he went for a much cheaper price than his market value.

All about opinion fella but for me CMS will go on to prove far greater value for money than Miller both now and most certainly in the furure when it comes to re sale value.[/quote]

CMS showed to be pretty average in the Championship previously.

Banging on about resale value is a bit silly - someone with Miller's experience and pedigree brings in intangibles - for example, Mason and Jarvis will certainly be able to learn a hell of a lot from him.