Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kenny The Bluebird Miller.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Has signed a Two year contarct at £25k pw.

Re: Kenny The Bluebird Miller.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:29 pm

link? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:31 pm

if it 25 grand a week quite alot for a 31 yr old and we didn't offer jay what he wanted?? ummmm

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:39 pm

Just heard it on Forth one fm and its been tweeted by Forth official...Expect the club to announce it either before midnight or first thing friday am. Or you could not believe me ..... Your choice ;-)

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:40 pm

its on here http://twitter.com/#!/The_Real_SDE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:53 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:if it 25 grand a week quite alot for a 31 yr old and we didn't offer jay what he wanted?? ummmm

bothroyd would have never come back here! sick of people saying this now. Miller will be top notch at this level a real worker and goal scorer jays gone get over it

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:55 pm

gknighty89 wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:if it 25 grand a week quite alot for a 31 yr old and we didn't offer jay what he wanted?? ummmm

bothroyd would have never come back here! sick of people saying this now. Miller will be top notch at this level a real worker and goal scorer jays gone get over it

Give me kenny over jay any day of the week

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Miller will do a good job but is £25000 a week a wage we can afford?

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:58 pm

Well i heard that Betty is on about £40k pw .....i know i know... but it was made public he was asking QPR for 50-60....I asked him on his Twitter but i didnt get a retweet.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:06 pm

Well last year we operated on a 14m annual budget this year we have a 20m. And take into account all the high earners that have left, Yeah i think we can afford 25k pw.....esp for a proven european and international footballer...I live in scotland and have seen alot of kenny ova last few years and i have no doubts what so ever Miller will be a great addition.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:07 pm

ccfcninian wrote:Miller will do a good job but is £25000 a week a wage we can afford?

The only thing with a players wages is that we, the fans never really know exactly how much they are earning because it,s all rumour, lets be honest it should be kept private anyway!!

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:19 pm

At the end of the day I believe Jay is nearing the end of his career and wanted to finish it on a high in the Premiership, with a (very) remote chance of getting capped again for the glorious England, irrespective of any Championship offer. And thats how its panned out

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:23 pm

It's probably a MAXIMUM of £25k, that's the way these things work.

If he performs, then he earns more money, so essentially he gets paid what he's worth.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:46 pm

Difference being that Kenny Miller will give us 100% commitment and passion, something that Betty clearly lacked at times