Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

First venture into the Premier club last night

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:16 pm

I've had my season ticket at the back of the Canton since CCS opened, because it was the closest thing to the old Grange end.

However me an my mate managed to wangle a couple of free tickets last night for the Prem club, and fair play when we walked in we thought this is defo something we could get used to! All heated, proper plush bars, carpet (ha), tables & chairs, HD widescreens, and you can stand there with a pint and watch the game through the glass.

However when we got to our seats the enjoyment ended there...it was the first time I had sat down for a City game in years (apart from Wembley) and itnwas quickly apparent we didnt fit in - people were just looking at us like we took a wrong turning somewhere, and seeing all the boys in the Canton stood there making some noise and waving to us didnt go down well either, ha.

Moral of the story, stick to your roots - stay in the mad end with the mad heads! Couldnt even have a fag whilst watching the game mun, and my mate weren't happy he couldnt spark up a pre-roll either ;) :lol:

Re: First venture into the Premier club last night

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:19 pm

JonScam wrote:and you can stand there with a pint and watch the game through the glass.

My family and I try and do the Premier Club once a season around Christmas and they always pull the blinds before the football starts as you are not allowed to drink alcohol and watch football.

Are the rules relaxed for friendlies?

You are right with the atmosphere mind. Shit!

The experience is top notch though.

Re: First venture into the Premier club last night

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:22 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:
JonScam wrote:and you can stand there with a pint and watch the game through the glass.

My family and I try and do the Premier Club once a season around Christmas and they always pull the blinds before the football starts as you are not allowed to drink alcohol and watch football.

Are the rules relaxed for friendlies?

You are right with the atmosphere mind. Shit!

The experience is top notch though.

The blinds were drawn but theyre transparent and you can see the game through them - not sure if its the same on competitive match days? But I was there with a pint standing by the glass with a clear view of the game :ayatollah: