Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How would you react if....

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:28 pm

we have less than 10 points after the first 10 games of the season?

It seems that some so called fans on this board suffer from manic depression. Periods of limitless optimism and then immediate doom and gloom following a meaningless friendly.

To anyone who understands football, it should be obvious that our team for West ham, will be masively different to the end of last season and that some signings may have only had a few weeks, maybe only a few days (if we get a few late transfers) to gel together as a unit and get comfortable playing as a team. Therefore, it is totally unrealistic to expect the team to hit top form and sweep aside all opposition from day 1. If we do, then that's a bonus, but we need to be prepared for some losses early on.

For those of you who expect wins every game, you best start supporting Barcelona, because it ain't gonna happen for us this year. At least not straight away.
Malky is doing great job with the resources he has available. He deserves time and patience to get things right. We the fans need to get behind him and the team regardless of what happens from now to Christmas. Anyone booing or calling for his head before Christmas should be shouted down quick, because he will need our support and loyalty.

I for one have alot of faith in Malky I am prepared to stay patient and give my support whatever happens this season. I hope I'm in the significant majority.

Re: How would you react if....

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:34 pm

Be happy with mid-table this year we need to build for the future Mason looks the part but as we can see from the bench on Wednesday MM has a massive job on his hands. :ayatollah: