Cardiff's Kenny Miller bid gets John Hartson's approval

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:33 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14233323.stm

Re: Cardiff's Kenny Miller bid gets John Hartson's approval

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:38 pm

Dont like Hartson. He just likes dissing cardiff

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:51 pm

"Malky Mackay has got a very difficult job there and I think he understands that.
"I think the sensible supporters will understand it as well because they've lost 12 players, they've brought in six and they wouldn't be of equal quality.
"I don't think the funds are there like it was last year with [former manager] Dave Jones and Cardiff may have to do a bit of a rebuilding process there, before they can start bringing in the likes of the Bellamys, the Koumases and the Bothroyds again.
"Malky will understand all that, that would have been laid out to him before he took the job. I can see Cardiff having a difficult year really."

Wouldn't be of equal quality John ? They're probably just as good considering they don't have a big-time Charlie attitude on them (Bothroyd & Chopra) or are hugely overrated (Olofinjana) or are just shite (Koumas). I liked Keogh :lol:

The funds aren't there ? I disagree ! €1m bid for Miller, and a £2m bid agreed for Goodwillie it seems (although his court case looks to have buggered everything up).

I don't think Malky does understand looking at those bids ! I think what he would have been told before taking the job would have been something along the lines of "We'll give you some cash Malky and you can build a team that can challenge for a play-off place !

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:03 pm

Who cares what Big John's opinion is on our transfers.

And the bit about the 6 players coming in not being of the quality of the 12 that left is just blind jack ridden bias.

I like John but not when he tries to be all pundity about a club he clearly doesn't like.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:06 pm

NickPenarth wrote:Who cares what Big John's opinion is on our transfers.

And the bit about the 6 players coming in not being of the quality of the 12 that left is just blind jack ridden bias.

I like John but not when he tries to be all pundity about a club he clearly doesn't like.

Exactly !

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:07 pm

John Hartson what a tw*t who cares what the ginger jack b*stard thinks we dont need his approval keep your opinions to your self hartson :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:08 pm

the govenor wrote:John Hartson what a tw*t who cares what the ginger jack b*stard thinks we dont need his approval keep your opinions to your self hartson :evil: :evil: :evil:

sorry for posting the link now :shock: :shock: :cry:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:29 pm

It makes you wonder about some of our forum members.

I felt that Hartson's comments were very supportive of Cardiff City, basically congratulating us on signing a good player (Kenny Miller) and stating that he should do well if he and Earnie can work well together. At the end Hartson said what we all know, that Malky has a challenge replacing 12 players and that money is limited.

We are spending modestly and prudently, not splashing the cash and it will take time to get the quality of players we need. Some signings, such as Mason, are for the future.

Constructive criticism of Hartson is one thing, but the one eyed abuse he has received is another thing all together. Surely when a Jack sympathiser such as Hartson is basically congratulating us on a signing we should be pleased!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:50 pm

Griff wrote:It makes you wonder about some of our forum members.

I felt that Hartson's comments were very supportive of Cardiff City, basically congratulating us on signing a good player (Kenny Miller) and stating that he should do well if he and Earnie can work well together. At the end Hartson said what we all know, that Malky has a challenge replacing 12 players and that money is limited.

We are spending modestly and prudently, not splashing the cash and it will take time to get the quality of players we need. Some signings, such as Mason, are for the future.

Constructive criticism of Hartson is one thing, but the one eyed abuse he has received is another thing all together. Surely when a Jack sympathiser such as Hartson is basically congratulating us on a signing we should be pleased!!!!!!!!!!

Money is limited ? An £880,000 bid for Kenny Miller has been accepted and a £2m bid seemingly submitted for David Goodwillie, but of course that one is more complicated !

Hartson also had this to say last night (on Twitter) after the game which he attended:

"Really enjoyed this evening,surprisingly got a nice welcome from ccfc fans. and well done to Celtic for their support. Best fans in world."

'Surprisingly' ? Bit harsh if you ask me - anyone would respect him after what he went through ! :?

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:02 pm

im not a fan of hartson but ive never really heard him slagging off cardiff so cant understand why hes getting grief here

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:47 pm

jinks-rct wrote:im not a fan of hartson but ive never really heard him slagging off cardiff so cant understand why hes getting grief here

Precisely

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:33 pm

Hartsons opinions on Cardiff mean shit to me the fat jack b*stard as what he is i cant stand the tw*t :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:36 pm

Brilliant, I'm glad it's got his approval, don't think I would have been happy with it otherwise.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:50 am

The only reason i'd give him grief is because he's wrong.

Although Cardif "lost twelve players" (13 if you count Martin John).

Heaton, Marshall, Gerrard, Taiwo, Wildig,were all out and brought back

John - Doesn't count
Bywater - Heaton is better
Brown - Marshall is better
JLS - Gerrard is better
Rae - Wildig is better

So that's 8

Bellamy could well return so that's 7

Chopra - Earnshaw Chops got 11 goals in 39 games, Earnie got 11 in 43 not a great deal of difference and Earny was used less than Chops.
Bothroyd - Miller time will tell with this one
Olofinjana - Gunnarson can't see Gunnarson being worse than Oli (can hardly see how anyone could)
Matthews - Taylor Can't see Taylor being a step down
Burke - Conway again Conway could light this league up or could be a wash out

JET and Koumas - This highlights we need two more wingers

Plus Mason and Cowie and Taiwo highlight the depth we have that wasn't there before.

So if we get Goodwillie and two wingers and keep what we have there is a much deeper squad than before and arguably better quality. With Whitts playing much better (and I rated him anyway) added in Cowie we have a much better prospect.

As for Hartson, I like the guy :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:58 am

oh thanks hartson..thanks for giving us permission :roll: