Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Farah last night looked pretty good..

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:27 am

Got stuck in yes he may of lost the ball a few times but he never give up on trying to get it back looks like a player that will give 100% defo one for the future, what did you think of the other young lads?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Farah last night looked pretty good..

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:31 am

felt sorry as he was constantly looking for the ball yet only had a few times to show what he could do, stepped inside a couple of times and made space
felt sorry for wildig as i feel hes 100times the player taiwo is
mason worked his socks off, jarvis and evans werent on long enough to show anything :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:36 am

I know he's only young, and it must be hard, but last night he was very poor. Hopefully he will improve but at the moment he is a million miles from being a championship player, as is Jarvis!

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:17 am

Alex Evans and Solomon Taiwo were the two standout players in the first half against Charlton in Coria (Seville). I'm not the biggest fan of Taiwo but credit where it is due, he looked a different player out there. Now granted we were playing a League One side and as many say, that maybe his level but he looked very sharp out there.

In the same game, Ibrahim Farah was the standout for me in a poor 2nd half but he showed 100% commitment, doesn't mind putting a foot in and has pace to burn.

These young lads are definitely here for the long term and will only improve with game time........something they wouldn't have had before Malky arrived

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:20 am

Jonesyccfc1 wrote:Alex Evans and Solomon Taiwo were the two standout players in the first half against Charlton in Coria (Seville). I'm not the biggest fan of Taiwo but credit where it is due, he looked a different player out there. Now granted we were playing a League One side and as many say, that maybe his level but he looked very sharp out there.

In the same game, Ibrahim Farah was the standout for me in a poor 2nd half but he showed 100% commitment, doesn't mind putting a foot in and has pace to burn.

These young lads are definitely here for the long term and will only improve with game time........something they wouldn't have had before Malky arrived

i hope youre right mate. I havent seen an awful lot of Evans so hoping he comes good but of what ive seen of Farrah im not impressed. The championship is a huge step up and he has a lot of work to do if he is ever going to make the grade. Good luck to him. I like seeing the young lads have a run, and being given a chance, but the harsh fact is, if they are not good enough then they dont deserve to play. IMO Taiwo is horrendous and if he is any where near our squad we are in trouble!

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:16 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:Got stuck in yes he may of lost the ball a few times but he never give up on trying to get it back looks like a player that will give 100% defo one for the future, what did you think of the other young lads?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He has got a bright future with the club (along with quite a few of the young lads) but nowhere near ready for the first team squad!!!!

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:22 pm

it was a big game for the younsgters to be thrown into. valuable experience for them though and the more exposure they get then the better chance they'll have at trying to break into the first team. that mason boy looks like a rough diamond, got potential and if he gets his head down and works hard we'll have a good player there.

refreshing to see the young uns getting a chance though

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:23 pm

These are only pre-season friendlies and it's sort of fair that everybody is given a chance to impress. If you can't understand that, then you've got a problem !

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:25 pm

I didn't understand Farah being played on the wing though - I thought he was a centre midfielder ?

Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:it was a big game for the younsgters to be thrown into. valuable experience for them though and the more exposure they get then the better chance they'll have at trying to break into the first team. that mason boy looks like a rough diamond, got potential and if he gets his head down and works hard we'll have a good player there.

refreshing to see the young uns getting a chance though

im really struggling to get anything positive from Mason's performance, his touch was poor and he looked completely lost. No doubt it was a one off, and with time he will dramatically improve, but i dont think he is ready to make a big impact this season. Given time, and a spell out on loan, then we will see but he needs a lot of work.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:48 pm

Jimbo27 wrote: im really struggling to get anything positive from Mason's performance, his touch was poor and he looked completely lost. No doubt it was a one off, and with time he will dramatically improve, but i dont think he is ready to make a big impact this season. Given time, and a spell out on loan, then we will see but he needs a lot of work.

i think the whole team pretty much looked lost apart from the first 20-25 mins. maybe thats just down to there being so many new players and hopefully they will have gelled by the time we face west ham.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:50 pm

i honestly thought this post was a joke , he looked bloody useless , should have gone to specsavers mate